John Allsopp's Posts

John Allsopp's Posts

Hi Amy When is the upgrade coming to the UK? I was lead to believe it was rolling out from 15th November but I keep checking some 10 days after and my Streak still says system up to date. I have ... See more...
Hi Amy When is the upgrade coming to the UK? I was lead to believe it was rolling out from 15th November but I keep checking some 10 days after and my Streak still says system up to date. I have already had my Streak sent away to put it back to 1.6 after the botched 2.1 (02) update but this seems to be going on for ever. GAUSB1A110421      Build 3883 Can you please tell me when the update SHOULD REALISTICALLY be available? John
How strange. I have only today received my Streak back from Dell. It went away to Hungary because of the problems I had with the o2 2.1 upgrade. Dell have put it back to 1.6. I have only had the phon... See more...
How strange. I have only today received my Streak back from Dell. It went away to Hungary because of the problems I had with the o2 2.1 upgrade. Dell have put it back to 1.6. I have only had the phone back for 5 hours and it has rebooted twice and frozen once. Sign of things to come I guess. Strange thing is that I didn't get it rebooting on 2.1 or previously on the original 1.6. I am so disappointed with this £429 worth of rubbish. It has so much potential too
I have just had myk delivered back from Dell as it went away to have the 2.1 taken off and the 1.6 put back on. Guess what, my Streak has frozen more with the 1.6 reinstallation than it ever did with... See more...
I have just had myk delivered back from Dell as it went away to have the 2.1 taken off and the 1.6 put back on. Guess what, my Streak has frozen more with the 1.6 reinstallation than it ever did with the 2.1. This is a total fiasco. The only thing I got back was my front facing camera but this is not much use now if the device keeps resetting itself. If anyone asks me if i have closed the back cover correctly, I will scream. COME ON DELL, GET TO GRIPS
I too have been an 02 customer for years but I have just been speaking to Dan at 02 who tells me that because I didn't purchase the phone through 02 I must take it back to the Car Phone Warehouse. ... See more...
I too have been an 02 customer for years but I have just been speaking to Dan at 02 who tells me that because I didn't purchase the phone through 02 I must take it back to the Car Phone Warehouse. CPW tells me that the phone had a front facing camera with 1.6 version it was sold with, so I would have to go back to 02, as it was their 2.1 UNOFFICIAL upgrade that took this function away. I have now spoken to Dell who are picking up my phone on Monday 11th. They know about the upgrade taking away the front camera and other functions and I must say the lady I spoke to at Dell was very helpful. They will either repair or replace, so I will wait to see what they do. It will be gone for 10 days which is a pain but at least DELL took control and didn't fob me off like 02 did. I will update when I can. John  
Well said WP. I never even thought of it like that but you are correct. I want to use the front facing camera to speak to my daughter in Hong Kong but due to the 2.1 upgrade, I am unable to do so. ... See more...
Well said WP. I never even thought of it like that but you are correct. I want to use the front facing camera to speak to my daughter in Hong Kong but due to the 2.1 upgrade, I am unable to do so. So, could someone from Dell please tell me if I am now able to get a refund from the Car Phone Warehouse in the UK, as this has now taken away a key function that was advertised. Reply please Amy Regards John
Hi Amy Could you please tell me if the 02 2.1 update removed the front facing camera option on the Streak? When I am in Camera mode I touch the centre and all it gives me is Gallery and Settings.... See more...
Hi Amy Could you please tell me if the 02 2.1 update removed the front facing camera option on the Streak? When I am in Camera mode I touch the centre and all it gives me is Gallery and Settings. It does not give me Front Facing Camera option like 1.6 did. Am I looking in the correct area? Regards John
Good afternoon Could anyone please tell me how to connect my Dell Streak with other phones. With my Nokia 95 I just had to send my file and the recipient typed in the password and the file transf... See more...
Good afternoon Could anyone please tell me how to connect my Dell Streak with other phones. With my Nokia 95 I just had to send my file and the recipient typed in the password and the file transferred. With the Streak, It says Pair and connect to which I say yes. I type in the 4 digit code and it says Paired but NOT CONNECTED. I have tried so many times, I have given up. Perhaps I am doing something wrong and will stand corrected if I am. HELP!!!!!!!   John
I have read most of the posts on the Dell Streak . I bought mine from CARPHONEWAREHOUSE in UK and have all sorts of issues with the upgrade etc but the most annoying part of this otherwise great b... See more...
I have read most of the posts on the Dell Streak . I bought mine from CARPHONEWAREHOUSE in UK and have all sorts of issues with the upgrade etc but the most annoying part of this otherwise great bit of kit is battery life. I dont call myself a heavy user but I unplugged my Streak at 6.30am this morning and now at 11.20 battery life is at 36%. I have turned off all my syncs, screen time out is set to 1 minute etc. Everything other users have told me to do, I have done. I however have just checked the battery usage and Cell Standby is at 38% (What is this) Phone Idle is 27% (not sure what this is either) Display 14% Android system 7% Voice calls 6% Browser 4% Emails 4% and Android OS 2%. Any idea how to cut down the first two items anyone? We all have gripes with the 2.1 upgrade etc but my streak only last maximum 7 hours without charging again. Could this be a faulty battery as it charges up from scratch in 1.5 hours. I hope some of you can help. Cheers John  ******* UPDATE. I SURFED THE INTERNET / USED MY PHONE FOR 4 HOURS AND 32 MINUTES LAST NIGHT AND BATTERY WENT FROM 100% TO 0% IN THAT TIME. SURELY THAT CANNOT BE RIGHT FOR A SMARTPHONE??********
Hi Amy I carried out a full backup using the PC Suite before updating to 2.1 I updated to 2.1 and all was fine until I went to restore my phone using the PC Suite. It would not connect. It was no... See more...
Hi Amy I carried out a full backup using the PC Suite before updating to 2.1 I updated to 2.1 and all was fine until I went to restore my phone using the PC Suite. It would not connect. It was not until I got the reply from you that there was a new version of PC Suite and the old one would not work. Why didnt 02 tell us this? I had over 500 contacts in my phone and the information will not transfer over. Are you saying that contacts are not stored on the SD card like on my Nokia N95? The Streak seems all too complicated if you have to download an application to store your contacts etc. I loved my Streak when I first had it and recommended it to friends and family. I am now totally disillusioned as it has cost me business due to not storing my contacts. 02 and Dell should be aware that our business are kept on these products. Did 02 know before hand that there was a new version of PC Suite and if so, did they know it would not backup contacts from the old version. I know it is not your fault Amy and I appreciate you are only the face of the company but I think UK customers of the Streak have been treated terribly and think I have purchased £429 worth of rubbish Yours disillusioned, John
Hello Amy After the 02 update, my Streak does not perform a backup, although it says it has completed a FULL backup it says 0 bytes. The exact wording is below. Also the phone has a window sayin... See more...
Hello Amy After the 02 update, my Streak does not perform a backup, although it says it has completed a FULL backup it says 0 bytes. The exact wording is below. Also the phone has a window saying Backup  Please wait restarting system. I have left this on for over 30 minutes but have to Power Off to remove it Backup Name: My Dell Streak - 19/09/2010 13:46:47 Date: 19/09/2010 13:46:50 Type: Full backup Size: 0 bytes Mobile Phone Mobile Phone IMEI: 354000030141289 Mobile Phone Model: Dell Streak Name: My Dell Streak Categories First boot All user data Backup Status Successful with 2 remark(s). Remarks All user data: telecom/data - Item not found. First boot: telecom/firstboot - Item not found.
I backed up my Streak before the new 2.1 update but it just wont synchronise. I haven't a clue what to do next as all my details are on the backup. Can anyone help? I have checked the Auto Sync ... See more...
I backed up my Streak before the new 2.1 update but it just wont synchronise. I haven't a clue what to do next as all my details are on the backup. Can anyone help? I have checked the Auto Sync box and still nothing
Thank you for the information, it was very useful. I have had very few problems with my Streak but one I do have is that when I set my alarm it goes off on time, If I snooze the alarm, the clock on t... See more...
Thank you for the information, it was very useful. I have had very few problems with my Streak but one I do have is that when I set my alarm it goes off on time, If I snooze the alarm, the clock on the phone jumps forward by 10 minutes. I don't bother to snooze it anymore. Just wondered if anyone has had anything like it happen to them? One major concern is the phone speaker when talking "hands free" I have never hear such a tinny speaker on what supposed to be a top quality item. I paid £429 for this from the Carephone Warehouse and would have thought DELL whould have invested in a decent speaker for their flagship model. Apart from those niggles I do love everything about the Streak, so come on DELL, don't run away from the issues like APPLE did and you will have loyal customers for years to come.
I have had my Streak for over 2 months now and on 2 occasions I have found the phone had gained 10 minutes. I thought it was me at first, so I manually adjusted it again but today for a second time, ... See more...
I have had my Streak for over 2 months now and on 2 occasions I have found the phone had gained 10 minutes. I thought it was me at first, so I manually adjusted it again but today for a second time, I set my alarm for 6am and It went off at 6am but when I listened to the radio it was 5.50am. Has anyone else come across this at all? I suppose I must be grateful it gains rather than loses 10 minutes, but have never had this from any other phone. As well as the poor battery life and the awful hands free phone speaker, I am losing a little faith in this beautiful looking device..............HELP!!!
Can anyone tell me when the Froyo 2.2 upgrade will be available for my Dell Streak in the UK. This seems to be a closely guarded secret. I would appreciate any feedback. When and if it is available, ... See more...
Can anyone tell me when the Froyo 2.2 upgrade will be available for my Dell Streak in the UK. This seems to be a closely guarded secret. I would appreciate any feedback. When and if it is available, how will I get it? Will it be a download by phone or off the PC? CHeers John