johnkendall's Posts

johnkendall's Posts

Not that I use the disc drive much but yeah the eject button probably hasnt worked for about a year. I havent opened it up to check it out yet as I have just used the virtual eject on iTunes etc.... See more...
Not that I use the disc drive much but yeah the eject button probably hasnt worked for about a year. I havent opened it up to check it out yet as I have just used the virtual eject on iTunes etc.. Any ideas or common faults? PS: its the bluray version.
Hey guys, currently have a i7-2600, 8gb ram, nVidia GTX 555 video card which I think has 2gb ram?? With BF4 coming out in a few days I was wondering if it was worth upgrading the video card ... See more...
Hey guys, currently have a i7-2600, 8gb ram, nVidia GTX 555 video card which I think has 2gb ram?? With BF4 coming out in a few days I was wondering if it was worth upgrading the video card in this slim x51 unit.. I played the beta version and it CHUGGED on medium graphics.. and I know it was only a beta but still I feel bf4 might need an upgrade from my GTX 555 (drivers are current) so my questions are...  1. What is the best video card that will fit into this desktop sizewise/powerwise/coolingwise... I dont want to do anything tricky just a straight take out and plug in the new one. 2. Cheapest place to buy from (in Australia). Cheers. John.
Thanks for the suggestion but they look rather ugly and was more looking at the exact same small rubber foot that's on the other side of my m11x. Surely dell/alienware would have replacements? It... See more...
Thanks for the suggestion but they look rather ugly and was more looking at the exact same small rubber foot that's on the other side of my m11x. Surely dell/alienware would have replacements? Its really annoying, Can I send it back and claim it under a warranty issue to get it fixed?
Hi, Wondering if Alienware could send me a couple of those small little rubber feet for the bottom-back of my m11x. One has fallen off previously and I have glued it back... however, it has fa... See more...
Hi, Wondering if Alienware could send me a couple of those small little rubber feet for the bottom-back of my m11x. One has fallen off previously and I have glued it back... however, it has fallen off again and I have no idea where it is. I know you guys don't make the m11x any more but I would love a few spare small rubber feet if possible... any chance? I came here to ask due to the excellent result I got with my x51 desktop. Cheers again and thanks in advance. Kind regards, John
I wouldn't mind doing that just wanted confirmation it wouldnt void my warranty? Ill have a look now but the progra im using to test the heat from the GPU says all fans are running, Ill give it a... See more...
I wouldn't mind doing that just wanted confirmation it wouldnt void my warranty? Ill have a look now but the progra im using to test the heat from the GPU says all fans are running, Ill give it a go anyways.
Hey guys just got my new X51 yesterday and well hmmm it doesnt stay on too long. I've logged the complaint and am waiting on a technician to call to arrange a booking. I downloaded a software pro... See more...
Hey guys just got my new X51 yesterday and well hmmm it doesnt stay on too long. I've logged the complaint and am waiting on a technician to call to arrange a booking. I downloaded a software program to read various temperature readings throughout the comp. I noticed my GPU started around 66 degrees C on startup and starting rising toward 104 degrees C and then boom it turns off again. This happens with just normal computer use. I ran Avatar on the BlueRay player full screen and it lastest for about 5 minutes and went to 104 degrees C and off again. Has this happened to anyone else? I can hear the fans going.. maybe its the GPU headsink? Any ideas? Very disappointed so far, this is my 5th computer from dell and the most exciting one I have bought and boom doesnt work.... Also the BluRay player just shoots out the discs rather than just nudging then out like my 4 year old XPS 15" laptop with slot loader.