maze06's Posts

maze06's Posts

Hi there, I just received my replacement Computer, after I had tow technicians here to exchange the wireless card. First it was same issue with the Computer, but after I had the latest driver insta... See more...
Hi there, I just received my replacement Computer, after I had tow technicians here to exchange the wireless card. First it was same issue with the Computer, but after I had the latest driver installed, it did speed up, just like my old Insprion 13z. Holds the connection and runs as it should be. So far, it seems that the newer models, do not have this isssue anymore. It took a long time, but it seems that was it. Good Luck everybody. maze
No. I am afraid not. I have the same issue, either way.
Hi there, installed this one right when the released it. No difference. Actually had better results with other drivers. Older ones. Dell is sending me a new Computer, because they new ones should... See more...
Hi there, installed this one right when the released it. No difference. Actually had better results with other drivers. Older ones. Dell is sending me a new Computer, because they new ones should not have that problem. I had my W-Lan card changed twice, no difference. Now i am running a N 6300 no difference. Last word was, that it is not related at all to that problem. I should received my new one in a 2 weeks. Will report back and let you know, if they have fixed the issue. Good Luck. maze
Thanks for your post. could not agree more. I am writing from Germany. The issues was reported by the technician, which I had two so far - to Dell. According to them, they working on a solut... See more...
Thanks for your post. could not agree more. I am writing from Germany. The issues was reported by the technician, which I had two so far - to Dell. According to them, they working on a solution. Still waiting to hear back. I have by now a different card 6300. Sill the same problems. The same as you described. Peter, I am sorry to see you go. But I hope by now, that they will take back my XPS 14z. Rick, sorry I thought you and Terry are from Dell. Had no idea, that you are just one of us. Sorry to bother you with all those Dell related issues. Good Luck. Maze
Terry, Peter already told you what he thinks about your input here, so I do not want to repeat it. We all have tried all those things already several times and yes we all do have a real job as we... See more...
Terry, Peter already told you what he thinks about your input here, so I do not want to repeat it. We all have tried all those things already several times and yes we all do have a real job as well. We are happy to help you here out, but personally I do not think, how I should do that. I had two technians there ad yes, they might not be a educated as you, they ended up putting in a 6300 Card instead of 6230. I have tested it with 5 different routers just the past weekend. I get excellent results, if I am 4-5 feet away from the router and as soon as I move away it drops from 30 to 50 MB to 3 and below - even to 1MB and lower and disconnects. Even so, I think that the two technicians from Dell are clever enough to check for the antennas could it be that there just not there? or not working at all. Because this is my second card? Terry, is there anybody else in your team, who does not ask questions back, but actually has an idea what is going on? Also have played with a technician on the phone  - several times and several hours - to play with the Drivers. Little to no success. I have tried it myself and the technician also logged in to my Computer to install them himself. What else can we do? And why do so many people have the same issue? I do no think it can be the Card, because I am running now the Centrino Ulimate N-6300 AFN card and even this one is suppose to be a bit more powerful, same results? Maybe they have forgotten the antennas completely? I can confirm that they connection was checked. No different between 2.4 and 5 GHZ. Yes, Terry, we though of phones, microwaves etc. I have tested in 5 different places. Right now I am writing you from an Hotel, which they alone have 4 different routers and I get a good Signal, as soon as I get very very close. I have disabled Bluetooth a long time ago. All the power settings are on high Technicians and I have tried all combinations with the Settings? one of your colleagues concluded, that because the 6230 or 6300 has two antennas, and this is a metal case, it is simply very week. The signal test comes out as bad. or great it goes in and out? Could they be something wrong with power of the chip? Yesterday I used a very powerful router and came up to 50MB about 5 feet away, than again 30 seconds later 10 and so on. It looks like the power goes in and out? My Inspiron 13Z next to it, does about 5-6 times better with the signal quality and the MB? At home I got 3MB with XPS 14Z and the Technician wittnesed 18MB on the 13Z. Also he tried to get the 6230 into the 13z but it did not take it? And finally how goods a laptop if we can't use it wireless? Thanks Terry and Rick for all your help. At least you get paid while you looking for a cause, we are not. Maze
Hello Rick, I had two technicians to check it out. i do not hope they would miss the antenna connection? Thanks for the File. I could donload it, but now it telle me to use a intel wirelss instal... See more...
Hello Rick, I had two technicians to check it out. i do not hope they would miss the antenna connection? Thanks for the File. I could donload it, but now it telle me to use a intel wirelss installer? Any idea, how I get one? Thanks again. Maze
Hello Peter, I still have the same problem, after they put in a new Card the 6300. It could be, that you right and the Card is looking for a faster connection. It is hard to explain. I have tested ... See more...
Hello Peter, I still have the same problem, after they put in a new Card the 6300. It could be, that you right and the Card is looking for a faster connection. It is hard to explain. I have tested it on 5 different routers. No different results there. But never just with one router by itself. Will try that next. When I get about 5 feet to the Router it speeds up to 23MB, but as soon as I get as far as 15 feet it will drop a lot and sometimes disconnects and gets down to 1MB? Also seems that as soon as it goes through a wall the connection almost is completly gone. Also it is important for that you be on the same level as the router. If the router is a lever highter, the connection will be poor. I wonder if two technician who worked on that now, did not see, that the antenna is not working correctly or two week. Those cards have two, but one technicain mentioned three would be better, because of the metal case. Still waiting to get a call from Dell again? Good Luck. Maze
Hello Rick, thanks. Nothing changed. Still can not that get the Driver from Dell Site. I have reported it, that the file is not to download. I hope, that as soon, as the release the ri... See more...
Hello Rick, thanks. Nothing changed. Still can not that get the Driver from Dell Site. I have reported it, that the file is not to download. I hope, that as soon, as the release the right driver, it might work. Right now, I am getting everything from 6 MB to 1 MB and if get as close as 2 meters to the router any router - I get up to 22MB. It does tell me that the signal quality is bad and great - changing every 5 seconds? Any idea? Thanks. Maze
Solved nothing. There is a new one there  from 01.12.2012, but you can not download it. Files not found? downloads.dell.com/.../R289422.exe
Yes, that is correct. They replaced my card with the N6300 and now, I am trying to get the new Driver, but the Web Site returns File not found. Here is the Information you asked. I hope that... See more...
Yes, that is correct. They replaced my card with the N6300 and now, I am trying to get the new Driver, but the Web Site returns File not found. Here is the Information you asked. I hope that helps. Thanks. Maze Windows-IP-Konfiguration Hostname . . . . . . . . . . . . : Office Prim„res DNS-Suffix . . . . . . . : Knotentyp . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid IP-Routing aktiviert . . . . . . : Nein WINS-Proxy aktiviert . . . . . . : Nein Drahtlos-LAN-Adapter Drahtlosnetzwerkverbindung 19: Medienstatus. . . . . . . . . . . : Medium getrennt Verbindungsspezifisches DNS-Suffix: Beschreibung. . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter #17 Physikalische Adresse . . . . . . : 24-77-03-17-F5-05 DHCP aktiviert. . . . . . . . . . : Ja Autokonfiguration aktiviert . . . : Ja Drahtlos-LAN-Adapter Drahtlosnetzwerkverbindung 18: Medienstatus. . . . . . . . . . . : Medium getrennt Verbindungsspezifisches DNS-Suffix: Beschreibung. . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter #16 Physikalische Adresse . . . . . . : 24-77-03-17-F5-05 DHCP aktiviert. . . . . . . . . . : Ja Autokonfiguration aktiviert . . . : Ja Drahtlos-LAN-Adapter Drahtlosnetzwerkverbindung 13: Verbindungsspezifisches DNS-Suffix: Beschreibung. . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) Centrino(R) Ultimate-N 6300 AGN Physikalische Adresse . . . . . . : 24-77-03-17-F5-04 DHCP aktiviert. . . . . . . . . . : Ja Autokonfiguration aktiviert . . . : Ja Verbindungslokale IPv6-Adresse . : fe80::8475:dea0:d1fa:5b58%32(Bevorzugt) IPv4-Adresse . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.100(Bevorzugt) Subnetzmaske . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0 Lease erhalten. . . . . . . . . . : Samstag, 14. Januar 2012 14:25:42 Lease l„uft ab. . . . . . . . . . : Samstag, 14. Januar 2012 16:25:42 Standardgateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1 DHCP-Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1 DHCPv6-IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 774141699 DHCPv6-Client-DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-16-58-2D-CF-D4-BE-D9-06-11-C6 DNS-Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1 NetBIOS ber TCP/IP . . . . . . . : Aktiviert Ethernet-Adapter LAN-Verbindung: Medienstatus. . . . . . . . . . . : Medium getrennt Verbindungsspezifisches DNS-Suffix: Beschreibung. . . . . . . . . . . : Atheros AR8151 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20) Physikalische Adresse . . . . . . : D4-BE-D9-06-11-C6 DHCP aktiviert. . . . . . . . . . : Ja Autokonfiguration aktiviert . . . : Ja Tunneladapter LAN-Verbindung* 6: Medienstatus. . . . . . . . . . . : Medium getrennt Verbindungsspezifisches DNS-Suffix: Beschreibung. . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft-6zu4-Adapter Physikalische Adresse . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0 DHCP aktiviert. . . . . . . . . . : Nein Autokonfiguration aktiviert . . . : Ja Tunneladapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface: Verbindungsspezifisches DNS-Suffix: Beschreibung. . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physikalische Adresse . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0 DHCP aktiviert. . . . . . . . . . : Nein Autokonfiguration aktiviert . . . : Ja IPv6-Adresse. . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:0:5ef5:79fb:1000:edf:a779:9621(Bevorzugt) Verbindungslokale IPv6-Adresse . : fe80::1000:edf:a779:9621%35(Bevorzugt) Standardgateway . . . . . . . . . : :: NetBIOS ber TCP/IP . . . . . . . : Deaktiviert 
Hello Rick, tried that. In Germany and in the US. No luck. File not found. I used the CC Cleaner and everything. The file was posted on the 12. http://downloads.dell.com/FOLD... See more...
Hello Rick, tried that. In Germany and in the US. No luck. File not found. I used the CC Cleaner and everything. The file was posted on the 12. http://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER95300M/1/R289422.exe Are you able to check with Dell or are you able to download the file on your computer? Thanks. Maze
Terry, there is a new Driver, but the Dell Page does not le me downlaod it. Files not found? from 12.1.2012 Any idea? INTEL;-Driver R289422.exe (48MB) Empfohlen 12.01.2012 tic: HOWFW0357D... See more...
Terry, there is a new Driver, but the Dell Page does not le me downlaod it. Files not found? from 12.1.2012 Any idea? INTEL;-Driver R289422.exe (48MB) Empfohlen 12.01.2012 tic: HOWFW0357D, A00 Gilt für: Intel(R) WiFi Link 6200 Intel(R) WiFi Link 6300 Intel (R) WiMAX Link 6250 Intel (R) WiMax Link 6150 WLAN 1000 Thanks, Maze
Terry, thanks for all your posts. It did not help. So here is my update: I received a different card from Dell Intel® Centrino® Ultimate-N 6300 No difference so far. But I am not able to pu... See more...
Terry, thanks for all your posts. It did not help. So here is my update: I received a different card from Dell Intel® Centrino® Ultimate-N 6300 No difference so far. But I am not able to put a different driver on it for this card. It tells me, that the Driver A02v14.3.0.6 is current. Even if I I uninstall the driver, it still interrupts the installing process of a new driver and tells me that a newer Version is installed? The technican claims that this card would have more power then the 6230. So far, no difference. Any idea about the Driver? Or Could that be that that driver would be the right one for the 6230. The Intel Software does not find a new driver either? Router. I have tesed the Computer on several routers. Same result. Will be on the road for a week and will have contact with 4-5 routers. Will see if any of those making any difference. If you have an y ideas please let me know. Thanks. Maze
Thank you Rick. Here is an update of the problem with the week signal from the card. I received a different card from Dell Intel® Centrino® Ultimate-N 6300 No difference so far. But I am not... See more...
Thank you Rick. Here is an update of the problem with the week signal from the card. I received a different card from Dell Intel® Centrino® Ultimate-N 6300 No difference so far. But I am not able to put a different driver on it for this card. It tells me, that the Driver A02v14.3.0.6 is current. Even if I I uninstall the driver, it still interrupts the installing process of a new driver and tells me that a newer Version is installed? The technican claims that this card would have more power then the 6230. So far, no difference. Any idea about the Driver? Or Could that be that that driver would be the right one for the 6230. The Intel Software does not find a new driver either? Router. I have tesed the Computer on several routers. Same result. Will be on the road for a week and will have contact with 4-5 routers. Will see if any of those making any difference. If you have an y ideas please let me know. Thanks. Maze
I received a different card from Dell  Intel® Centrino® Ultimate-N 6300 No difference so far. But I am not able to put a different driver on it for this card. It tells me, that the Driver  ... See more...
I received a different card from Dell  Intel® Centrino® Ultimate-N 6300 No difference so far. But I am not able to put a different driver on it for this card. It tells me, that the Driver  A02v14.3.0.6 is current. Even if I I uninstall the driver, it still interrupts the installing process of a new driver and tells me that a newer Version is installed? The technican claims that this card would have more power then the 6230. So far, no difference. Any idea about the Driver? Or Could that be that that driver would be the right one for the 6230. The Intel Software does not find a new driver either? Router. I have tesed the Computer on several routers. Same result. Will be on the road for a week and will have contact with 4-5 routers. Will see if any of those making any difference. If you have an y ideas please let me know. Thanks. Maze
Hi there, I had my second visit from the IT guy and he did switch the card from 6230 to a 6300 Card. The 6300 has way more power, but no change in the wireless connection. I will try to talk to t... See more...
Hi there, I had my second visit from the IT guy and he did switch the card from 6230 to a 6300 Card. The 6300 has way more power, but no change in the wireless connection. I will try to talk to the tech Support one more time to see, if they can update the driver. The last updated driver, had no affect, but dell acknowledged that there is an issue with an N driver. Also, I have the issue, that it just disconnects randomly. Anybody any idea what the Mini Wfii Microsoft Adapter do? Any update? Thanks.
Hi there, same thing here. Not sure what to do. Seems they put a new driver out and call it an issue with the N-Card? Fügen Sie dies zu Ihrer Downloadliste hinzu. Dell Centrino Advanced-N 6230 ... See more...
Hi there, same thing here. Not sure what to do. Seems they put a new driver out and call it an issue with the N-Card? Fügen Sie dies zu Ihrer Downloadliste hinzu. Dell Centrino Advanced-N 6230 Veröffentlichungstermin: 03.01.2012 Version: A02v14.3.0.6 Fehlerkorrekturen und Verbesserungen Fix the N mode connection issue on I had a technician out here too. Same as with you. Any new ideas? Thanks.
That is too bad. Will have to do the same. I cannot believe that they have not figured out the problem, in 6 weeks,
I had a technician from Dell come by my House and he did switch the wireless card wit no success. I need that Laptop to travel and he told me that if we ll complain to Dell, they would write a new ... See more...
I had a technician from Dell come by my House and he did switch the wireless card wit no success. I need that Laptop to travel and he told me that if we ll complain to Dell, they would write a new driver. I just do not have that much time to wait. He also told me he would inform Dell, but they have not replied yet? Any ideas out there, what is here to do or do we have to send those faulty laptops back? I already spend so much time on it trying to figure it out and have put my Software and Documents on it? What a shame that none of Dell people saw this coming?
Yes, same here. How long until Dell is going to fix this?