DELL-Stefan R's Posts

DELL-Stefan R's Posts

Hi RJNogueira, this particular error message does not tell you that the credentials are wrong, you simply selected the wrong device type while discovering. You should choose Server/Hypervisor to ... See more...
Hi RJNogueira, this particular error message does not tell you that the credentials are wrong, you simply selected the wrong device type while discovering. You should choose Server/Hypervisor to get the systems discovered successfully. SAE - device drop down list Let me know if it worked. Cheers Stefan
Hi abspyr, no worries, I'll wait :) Cheers Stefan
Hi Mahaboob, I moved your post to the correct forum. Regarding your request, have you already cleared the Server Event Log? After a hard drive replacement, it makes sense to clear it and check if... See more...
Hi Mahaboob, I moved your post to the correct forum. Regarding your request, have you already cleared the Server Event Log? After a hard drive replacement, it makes sense to clear it and check if the issue appears again. If so it could be that the issue is a puncture, so a failure in the virtual disk and not in the hard disk itself. After replacing, the failure get's reproduced while the rebuild is running, as this is a logical failure and not a physical. In such a case you should back up the data from the VD and recreate the RAID Volume. Here is an online article that describes the punctured stripe issue: Double Faults and Punctures in RAID Arrays. Hope that helps! Cheers Stefan
Hi abspyr, very interesting question :) Well for me, I can't tell you, but I already asked the L3s on this and here we go with the next steps. 1st task: Q: Is there any specific reason that you... See more...
Hi abspyr, very interesting question :) Well for me, I can't tell you, but I already asked the L3s on this and here we go with the next steps. 1st task: Q: Is there any specific reason that you created a domain service account with an empty password?  2nd task: Get me the application log with debug information. Instructions as follows: Open log4j2.xml file from location C:\Program Files\Dell\SupportAssist\config Modify as highlighted below: <configuration status="debug"> <logger name="com.dell" level="debug" additivity="false">     <appender-ref ref="console" />     <appender-ref ref="log.file" /> </logger> <logger name="Activityfile" level="debug" additivity="false">     <appender-ref ref="Activitylog" /> </logger> <root level="info">     <appender-ref ref="console" level="debug" />     <appender-ref ref="log.file" level="debug" />     <appender-ref ref="RestActivitylog" level="info"/> </root> <logger name="org.apache.cxf" level="debug" additivity="false">     <appender-ref ref="console"/>     <appender-ref ref="log.file"/> </logger> Restart Dell EMC SupportAssist Enterprise service. Try your scenario after enabling debug log and get me the logs. (file location: C:\Program Files\Dell\SupportAssist\logs\application.log) You may upload them on any cloud portal or easily sent them over via email. I'll forward the logs to our engineering and keep you posted. Thanks and Cheers Stefan
Hi Eric, maybe you already found the solution on your own, if not, let's have a look at it together. The N3024 is definitely supported by SupportAssist Enterprise, so it should be discovered. T... See more...
Hi Eric, maybe you already found the solution on your own, if not, let's have a look at it together. The N3024 is definitely supported by SupportAssist Enterprise, so it should be discovered. The device must be reachable from the server where SupportAssist Enterprise is installed. Port 22 and 161 must be open on the device. Secure Shell (SSH) and SNMP services must be running on the device. With this set, you should be able to add the switch. Cheers Stefan
Hi Olga15, did you have the chance to look into my post? Would be nice to get the details on the issue you described. If I do not hear anything from you, I would declare this as solved and close ... See more...
Hi Olga15, did you have the chance to look into my post? Would be nice to get the details on the issue you described. If I do not hear anything from you, I would declare this as solved and close the case. Otherwise, I would be glad to hear from you :) Cheers Stefan
Hi  Bignate343, can you please describe a bit more in detail what exactly do you want to delete? Speaking about SupportAssist Enterprise or SupportAssist for Client systems? Thanks for the c... See more...
Hi  Bignate343, can you please describe a bit more in detail what exactly do you want to delete? Speaking about SupportAssist Enterprise or SupportAssist for Client systems? Thanks for the clarification. Cheers Stefan
Hi StranaSL, somehow the localhost blocks the connection. Can you please try to connect via another system. Here's the how to: Open the SupportAssist Enterprise user interface Let me know if th... See more...
Hi StranaSL, somehow the localhost blocks the connection. Can you please try to connect via another system. Here's the how to: Open the SupportAssist Enterprise user interface Let me know if this way works. Cheers Stefan
Hi qdellforum, I can give you an answer to your second question. Right now SupportAssist does not have such a granularity when it comes to rights. So if you need this, you have to think of differe... See more...
Hi qdellforum, I can give you an answer to your second question. Right now SupportAssist does not have such a granularity when it comes to rights. So if you need this, you have to think of different SupportAssist instances for each group. Regarding the OpenEnt adapter and the groups - no, the adapter will pull all the information from the OpenEnt at once - there is no option to decide where the single devices should be added. You may add them afterward manually into the desired groups. When it comes to the API I have to regret this is not my topic :) but maybe someone else in the forum has an answer on this. Cheers Stefan
Hi pribeiro77, looks like you tried to discover the systems in-band (direct to installed server os), am I right? In this case you need to setup SNMP in the operating system, then discover it and ... See more...
Hi pribeiro77, looks like you tried to discover the systems in-band (direct to installed server os), am I right? In this case you need to setup SNMP in the operating system, then discover it and install OMSA (OpenManage Server Administrator) on the discovered OS. From then on the system is able to send all the SNMP traps to SupportAssist in order to notify you and create cases if the system is under ProSupport warranty. Cheers Stefan
Hi jimbo1199, interesting fact, can you tell me what's the system that is discovered there? Any system that is older than Generation 12 shall be discovered in-band using OMSA on the destination sys... See more...
Hi jimbo1199, interesting fact, can you tell me what's the system that is discovered there? Any system that is older than Generation 12 shall be discovered in-band using OMSA on the destination system. If the system is at least Gen 12 (iDRAC7) you should discover it out-of-band. What means you discover the iDRAC instead of the installed server os. Cheers Stefan
Hi again, any updates? Otherwise, I'll close the topic. Cheers Stefan
Thank you qdellforum, that's a very nice summary of SupportAssist Enterprise :) Cheers Stefan
Hi dls65, updating the profiles is just one step, you may also re-create the OME adapter with the new profiles and re-discover the systems. This should do the trick. Cheers Stefan  
Hi Mr. S. vielen Dank für die umfangreiche Antwort :) Schön zu sehen, dass du eine Lösung gefunden hast. Ich hoffe, dass meine Hilfestellungen wenigstens einen Teil zur Lösung beigetragen haben ... See more...
Hi Mr. S. vielen Dank für die umfangreiche Antwort :) Schön zu sehen, dass du eine Lösung gefunden hast. Ich hoffe, dass meine Hilfestellungen wenigstens einen Teil zur Lösung beigetragen haben :D Viele Grüße Stefan
Hi Olga15, to give you some advice I need more information from you. Please let me know which application did you load, what is the name of the downloaded file?  What's the operating system yo... See more...
Hi Olga15, to give you some advice I need more information from you. Please let me know which application did you load, what is the name of the downloaded file?  What's the operating system you want to install it to? Thanks Stefan  
Okay, ich warte auf dein Feedback :)
Hi AaronGB, you're right in the early days we used to have the policy.xml file within the installation folder. This got changed. The policy is now within the integrated database and no longer acces... See more...
Hi AaronGB, you're right in the early days we used to have the policy.xml file within the installation folder. This got changed. The policy is now within the integrated database and no longer accessible by the user. There are at least two points to consider: Not every critical alert is qualified to open a case. Out of warranty systems are not qualified to open cases.  SupportAssist Enterprise gives you a tool to test functionality, simply hover over the user name in the upper right, within this menu, you will find the Connectivity Test and also the SupportAssist Enterprise test which gives you feedback if everything is ok to open cases. Hope that helps. Cheers Stefan
Hi Sandro, nice to hear that you will use our SupportAssist to monitor your systems. I recommend that you always discover the iDRAC of each system, this so-called "out-of-band monitoring" checks ... See more...
Hi Sandro, nice to hear that you will use our SupportAssist to monitor your systems. I recommend that you always discover the iDRAC of each system, this so-called "out-of-band monitoring" checks on the hardware level without any additional software needed on the server. Since the 12th generation, the iDRAC is good in monitoring the health of the systems and also forwards the alerts. Feel free to use SAE to monitor your systems, I also recommend the SupportAssist Enterprise manuals - this brings a lot of knowledge and helps in situations where you don't know what do to next :) Cheers Stefan
Hi, could you please specify the problem a bit more. What exactly happened and which version do you use right now. When did the error occur for the first time? What happened before, any updates... See more...
Hi, could you please specify the problem a bit more. What exactly happened and which version do you use right now. When did the error occur for the first time? What happened before, any updates or something? What system do you use for the installation? Thanks Stefan