umairnaqvi73's Posts

umairnaqvi73's Posts

This is an OEM version. It should be installed on my system. Regards, Umair
I've replaced terribly slow 1 TB HDD with a 256GB SSD. Unfortunately no installation CD provided by local Dell Dealer. I bought a brand new Windows 8 Professional version license and media. But the s... See more...
I've replaced terribly slow 1 TB HDD with a 256GB SSD. Unfortunately no installation CD provided by local Dell Dealer. I bought a brand new Windows 8 Professional version license and media. But the setup says "The product key entered does not match any of the windows images available for installation. Enter a different product key". It is extremely annoying that i have to bought a new $140 License and even then i am not able to work. Please advice. Regards, Umair
Local Dell authorised dealers refused to provide any installation media which is extremely unfortunate. Today i have bought a brand new Windows 8 Professional version license and media. Setup says "T... See more...
Local Dell authorised dealers refused to provide any installation media which is extremely unfortunate. Today i have bought a brand new Windows 8 Professional version license and media. Setup says "The product key entered does not match any of the windows images available for installation. Enter a different product key". It is extremely annoying that i have to bought a new $140 License and even then i am not able to work. Please advice. Regards, Umair
There are no authorised dealers that are providing oem windows cds. can you provide a link where I can fownload an image. regards ,umair
I dont have an oem install disk. I have downloaded an image of Windows 8 64 bit from internet. I had the key from my previous HD. I did not update the bios. would you please guide me why i need to up... See more...
I dont have an oem install disk. I have downloaded an image of Windows 8 64 bit from internet. I had the key from my previous HD. I did not update the bios. would you please guide me why i need to update bios and how to update it. rregards, umair
My recently bought Dell Inspiron 15R special edition hard disk is upgraded to 256 GB SSD. I have cleaned installed Windows 8 but my product key that I have already decrypted from my previous installa... See more...
My recently bought Dell Inspiron 15R special edition hard disk is upgraded to 256 GB SSD. I have cleaned installed Windows 8 but my product key that I have already decrypted from my previous installation does not work. What should I do? Please advice.
My recently bough Dell inspiron 15R SE 7520 is too slow for my liking so i want to replace 1TB HDD with 256 GB SSD. If i make an image of my current HDD and write it on the SSD, will it work? I'd fir... See more...
My recently bough Dell inspiron 15R SE 7520 is too slow for my liking so i want to replace 1TB HDD with 256 GB SSD. If i make an image of my current HDD and write it on the SSD, will it work? I'd first disable acceleration, change to AHCI, make image, replace HDD, write image, de-install IRST, restart. Regards, Umair
Backlit keyboard of my recently bought Dell  inspiron 15R SE 7520 is not working. Tried with FN+F6 but did not work. Windows mobility center does not show any configuration as well. Kindly advice. ... See more...
Backlit keyboard of my recently bought Dell  inspiron 15R SE 7520 is not working. Tried with FN+F6 but did not work. Windows mobility center does not show any configuration as well. Kindly advice. Regards, Umair
Last week i have purchased a Dell Inspiron 7520 with Windows 8, 32 GB SSD and 1TB. I've mistakenly formatted the 32 GB SSD. IRST did not show the accelerate option. I've tried to return to factory im... See more...
Last week i have purchased a Dell Inspiron 7520 with Windows 8, 32 GB SSD and 1TB. I've mistakenly formatted the 32 GB SSD. IRST did not show the accelerate option. I've tried to return to factory image, windows 8 reinstalled with this process but repartition of SSD didn't happen. I followed the below instructions from DELL-Ravi Ch Click Start button on the keyboard, type ‘CMD’ Right click ‘CMD’ and run as administrator At Command prompt type in Diskpart Type LIST DISK you should see 2 Disks listed. Note down the correct DISK number for the next steps. On some systems mSATA HDD would be either Disk 1 or Disk 0 Type SELECT DISK 0(Whichever is mSATA drive) It should say DISK 0 is selected Type Clean This should clean the mSATA HDD. Type EXIT and RESTART the system. Open the IRST application and try to enable the accelerator on mSATA. Acceleration tab is available now. But my laptop still gives an alarm "Your system does not appear to have Intel Rapid Start Technology enabled". How can i get rid of this alarm? In manage tab it shows my 1 TB as accelerated disk. Regards, Umair
Message actually is "Your system does not appear to have Intel Rapid Start Technology enabled".
Hi Ravi, One more question! My laptop still gives an alarm like "Your intel rapid start technology does not work". How can i get rid of this alarm? As n manage tab it shows my 1 TB as accelerated d... See more...
Hi Ravi, One more question! My laptop still gives an alarm like "Your intel rapid start technology does not work". How can i get rid of this alarm? As n manage tab it shows my 1 TB as accelerated disk. Is it ok or 32 GB should be shown as accelerated disk?
Thanks Ravi for the prompt and perfect reply. It worked. Acceleration tab is available now. I have a few questions though if you can spare some time. 1. I have used enhanced mode for higher acc... See more...
Thanks Ravi for the prompt and perfect reply. It worked. Acceleration tab is available now. I have a few questions though if you can spare some time. 1. I have used enhanced mode for higher acceleration since i am used to have an SSD in my previous laptop and normal caching was not impressive. Is this dangerous in case of abnormal shutdowns? 2. My most of the work is on vmware Workstation. Does this acceleration enhances my vmware related work as i dont need fast boot time rather fast vmware working? Or should i go for an SSD in place of my 1 TB HD? 3. If i go for SSD in place of 1 TB HDD what would be the BIOS settings and should Dell recovery disk work for transferring image from 1 TB to 256 GB SSD. Thanks and best regards, Umair
Last week i have purchased a Dell Inspiron 7520 with Windows 8, 32 GB SSD and 1TB. I've mistakenly formatted the 32 GB SSD. Now IRST dont show the accelerate option. I've tried to return to factory i... See more...
Last week i have purchased a Dell Inspiron 7520 with Windows 8, 32 GB SSD and 1TB. I've mistakenly formatted the 32 GB SSD. Now IRST dont show the accelerate option. I've tried to return to factory image, windows 8 reinstalled with this process but repartition of SSD didn't happen. I also tried to make two partitions of 8 GB and 22GB but accelerate does not appear. Kindly advice. Regards, Umair