Futokuko's Posts

Futokuko's Posts

Hi everyone AW 17, windows 8 For some reason the wireless card in my relatively new AW17 is no longer working. I tried everything including update the Broadcom 802.11 wireless driver but nothing has... See more...
Hi everyone AW 17, windows 8 For some reason the wireless card in my relatively new AW17 is no longer working. I tried everything including update the Broadcom 802.11 wireless driver but nothing has worked. In the device manager, I am only able to see the Broadcom network adapter when I ask to show invisible devices, apparently it isn't connected? I have never opened my laptop? Has anyone been having any issues with thier wireless adapter like me? Thanks for the help?
Hi Alexander Thanks for the information, the bios update helped allot with soneoerformance boosts.  I did the driver installation which only worked for the  311.48 drivers, tried the same ... See more...
Hi Alexander Thanks for the information, the bios update helped allot with soneoerformance boosts.  I did the driver installation which only worked for the  311.48 drivers, tried the same process with other drivers from nvidia but it's didn't work.  Is it true that we can only use video drivers that are made available in the dell support site? I've tried several times to upgrade the driver but mon of them work only the original. Thanks again,
Windows 8 64 Bit Can anyone explain why the latest gaming laptop with the most powerful mobile GPU +i7 4700mq processor can only run GTAat 30-35FPS? I can play far cry 3 in very high smoot... See more...
Windows 8 64 Bit Can anyone explain why the latest gaming laptop with the most powerful mobile GPU +i7 4700mq processor can only run GTAat 30-35FPS? I can play far cry 3 in very high smoothly, but i cant seem to get decent fps on GTA 4 which is an older game. Technically i should be able to play this game with everything turn up to max smoothly. Is there something im missing, can anyone in Dell/Alienware help me fix this, has anyone encountered a similar problem? I find it very sad that the latest gaming power house from Alienware/Dell can play an old game. I appreciate the help, thanks
hey, Tesla 1856. I was wondering if you could help me too. I have a new AW 17, i7 4700MQ 16gb ram and GTX 780M witrh 4gb ram, running windows ( 64bit) I currently have the latest recommended ... See more...
hey, Tesla 1856. I was wondering if you could help me too. I have a new AW 17, i7 4700MQ 16gb ram and GTX 780M witrh 4gb ram, running windows ( 64bit) I currently have the latest recommended dell Nvidia drivers installed. I can play far cry 3 in very high smoothly at over 60Fps without any issues, but i cant get passed getting max 30fps playing GTA 4? Technically i should be able to play this game in the highest setting with everything turned on without any problems? the older gtx680m played this game without any issues. check notebookcheck.com would you know of a fix for this? thanks for the help
Your machine will try to block any drivers that are not signed by dell/alienware. I have the exact same system and have been struggling to make updated drivers work. Essentially we will have t... See more...
Your machine will try to block any drivers that are not signed by dell/alienware. I have the exact same system and have been struggling to make updated drivers work. Essentially we will have to wait till dell/alienware sign some new drivers. there are ways around this but its a huge pain in the but..the best solution is to put pressure on dell/alienware to test and sign some new drivers fro these machines, let me know if you find a solution that works after a reboot.
70-75C is more than acceptable, Make sure you update your Bios to the A03 version, this version has removed the thermal limit of 77C to a much higher 90ish C the machine should be fine at ar... See more...
70-75C is more than acceptable, Make sure you update your Bios to the A03 version, this version has removed the thermal limit of 77C to a much higher 90ish C the machine should be fine at around 70-75C (i have a AW 17) it can even go up to 80's, Adter some time if the temps keep going up i.e. 80-90's you might have to do some recasting and some cleaning up i.e. dust ion fans and heat sink. I have a cooling pad to kepp mine cool, i recommend you getting on especially if you live somewhere where its hot. I just got my AW 17 and i plan to do some routine maintenance i.e. nice good cleaning and re-pasting end of this year, hope this helps. by the way, its not bad if your card runs around 60-80-+5C anything higher means your need to clean your system. good luck, oh by the way,  do you play GTA 4? does it work well in your rig? i cant seem to make the game run smoothly on mine and i have a GTX780 4gb? thanks
I just got my AW 17 with 16gigs of ram and a GTX780m I can play Far Cry 3 without any problems, but when i try to load GTA 4 i get 30-35 FPS only, I have tweaked and tweaked but nothing to imp... See more...
I just got my AW 17 with 16gigs of ram and a GTX780m I can play Far Cry 3 without any problems, but when i try to load GTA 4 i get 30-35 FPS only, I have tweaked and tweaked but nothing to improve the graphics performance, and Technically i should be able to run this game in Ultra/high without any issues? BUT NO????? Has anyone come across the same issue. FYI: I have windows 8 64it Stock Nvidia Driver. Can anyone in dell/Alienware help me fix this? Thanks