RichVicary's Posts

RichVicary's Posts

Have followed instructions on here but am still unable to get touchscreen fucntioning....have updated bios to A15 tried to use Win8.1 drivers, as well as search MS Update but no joy. Any help appre... See more...
Have followed instructions on here but am still unable to get touchscreen fucntioning....have updated bios to A15 tried to use Win8.1 drivers, as well as search MS Update but no joy. Any help appreciated... Thanks
Do I need to do any extra config, ie disable, around Intel Rapid Start Technology GUI ? Incidentally this isn't currently installed on laptop - what would be best process to disable this if requi... See more...
Do I need to do any extra config, ie disable, around Intel Rapid Start Technology GUI ? Incidentally this isn't currently installed on laptop - what would be best process to disable this if required?
Hi Kuldeep, Thankyou for taking the time to reply. I finished installing Win7 Ult late last night so will be transferring data over this evening - this was the point at which the laptop kept hang... See more...
Hi Kuldeep, Thankyou for taking the time to reply. I finished installing Win7 Ult late last night so will be transferring data over this evening - this was the point at which the laptop kept hanging and I even encountered BSOD at one point. Again, on another thread, I read to avoid installing certain Intel drivers for the AHCI chipset. Can you confirm or advise around this point please? Is there a 'better' (more stable) microsoft alternative? Many Thanks Rich
Hi, Have recently purchased a 256gb SSD Drive and replaced the 750gb originally installed. Also have a 32gb mSata installed. Upon rebuilding the system kept hanging. Had a quick look round and fo... See more...
Hi, Have recently purchased a 256gb SSD Drive and replaced the 750gb originally installed. Also have a 32gb mSata installed. Upon rebuilding the system kept hanging. Had a quick look round and found various threads which have frazzled me somewhat.  What is the correct BIOS setting? Some threads say AHCI? Others Intel Rapid Technology. Am I missing something obvious? Can an someone please advise and if possible detail install process you recommend. Thanks Rich