Deland01's Posts

Deland01's Posts

Can anyone point me in the right direction for replication compatibility between different model EqualLogics? Im wanting to add a replication partner to my current SAN infrastructure as an extra le... See more...
Can anyone point me in the right direction for replication compatibility between different model EqualLogics? Im wanting to add a replication partner to my current SAN infrastructure as an extra level of backup We have x2 SAN's which are not in the same group, these are: PS4100 PS6100 Im looking to replicate data off both of them, or at least the PS4100. Can this even be done and if so would I need the same model SAN to act as the replica partner? We are using iSCSI Thanks
Can anyone point me in the right place for some decent tutorials to learn the Equallogic Ps5000e. We have a Disaster Recovery test planned in a month and the SAN we have been given is a Ps5000e which... See more...
Can anyone point me in the right place for some decent tutorials to learn the Equallogic Ps5000e. We have a Disaster Recovery test planned in a month and the SAN we have been given is a Ps5000e which isn't something I've used before s I need to get myself up to speed. I would need to initialise the SAN & provision LUNs for VMware datastores. Does Dell have any kind of a virtual simulator like NetApp & EMC do? I believe we do have an Equallogic on a different site but I'm unsure on the model & I'd rather not play around on a production SAN.
I juts tried this command and now Im seeing: Error: file './disks' not found. I used the -vl switches Will this work with the Uber simulator?
Think I found the issue, my networking is all screwed up. Ive been following this guide which isn't correct for the latest Uber simulator. http://virtualgeek.typepad.com/virtual_geek/2008/08/cel... See more...
Think I found the issue, my networking is all screwed up. Ive been following this guide which isn't correct for the latest Uber simulator. http://virtualgeek.typepad.com/virtual_geek/2008/08/celerra-virtual.html I tried setting IP addresses on the vNICS after I connected them with the netconfig -d command but if I did ifconfig |more the only vNIC which would pick an IP up as vNIC1 (eth0), none of the other eth's would display an IP, even after configuring one. After a load of reading I worked out that its because eth1 onwards are like virtual interfaces. You assign the IP through Unisphere. Only eth0 which is the management interface gets an IP set on the celerra console. So I downloaded the EMC Celerra Simulator Installation and Configuration Guide.pdf & Celerra UBER VSA Guide v1.pdf but not I have some more queries: I figured out how to map an eth port to a cge port & then add it to Unisphere but the guide says the simulator will allow for up to 8 vNICS. So tried adding vNICS one by one & rebooting, these are then mapped to cge ports automaticall but this appears to mess the cge port order up eth2 & eth3 get mixed up for soem reason. So Itried adding all  the vNICS before I first powered the simulator on. I then ran through the initial stup wizard & checked the cge ordering. I got: cge0 eth1 cge1 eth2 cge2 eth3 cge3 eth4 cge4 eth5 cge5 eth6 so this appears to work well, however I now see serious errors on server_3 asking me to check the database as there are issues & server_3 never gets past BOOT_Level_4 Does anyone know first of all how many physical NIC's are actually supported on the Uber VSA? Secondly ho to check teh DB with the DBCHK command?
Thanks
I recently installed a pair of Uber VSA's & struggling top get  NPT & NIS working. Everytime I log into Unisphere I see: Severity : Critical System : VM-SAN03 Domain : Local ... See more...
I recently installed a pair of Uber VSA's & struggling top get  NPT & NIS working. Everytime I log into Unisphere I see: Severity : Critical System : VM-SAN03 Domain : Local Created : Apr 19, 2014 10:02:08 AM Message : The NTP servers are not accessible or responding to the time service from [Sat Apr 19 09:01:09 2014]. Full Description : NTP servers are not accessible and responding. It is recommended to have at least two accessible and responding NTP servers configured for the time service.\n\n The reason the NTP servers are not accessible could be because:\n 1) The host of the NTP server is down.\n 2) Network connectivity issues exist for the NTP server.\n Or,\n 3) NTPD, the service for the NTP server, on the host machine failed.\n Recommended Action : Verify the accessibility of NTP servers by:\n\n 1) Verify the status of the NTP server(NTPD service) on the host machine.\n Refer to the man page for NTP service on the host machine by using the commands:\n \ta) Linux - service ntpd status\n \tb) Solaris - svcs -a | grep ntp\n If the NTPD service is not running, you must restart the NTPD service on the host machine.\n Refer to the man page for the NTPD service command to restart the NTPD service by using the commands:\n \ta) Linux - service ntpd restart\n \tb) Solaris - svcadm restart ntp\n Also, restart the time service on the Data Mover from the Control Station by using the commands:\n server_date  timesvc stop ntp \n server_date  timesvc start ntp \n\n 2) Verify the connectivity of the NTP server on the host machines with the Data Mover.\n If the NTP server on the host machine has an IPv4 address, type:\n server_ping  \n If the NTP server on the host machine has an IPv6 address, type:\n server_ping6  \n If the host machine is not accesible, verify the network configuration or contact your network administrator.\n\n 3) If the host machine of the NTP server is down, you must boot the host machine and start the NTPD service. Refer to the man page of the NTP server service to start the NTP service.\n\n 4) For any other issue, you must restart the time service on the the Data Mover.\n Event Code : 0x11103e0002 and Severity : Error System : VM-SAN03 Domain : Local Created : Apr 19, 2014 10:01:19 AM Message : The NIS client is unable to connect to the NIS server 192.168.91.3 : RPC failure. Full Description : The NIS client is unable to contact the indicated NIS server. This may happen when the Data Mover cannot reach the peer NIS server due to network problems or because the NIS domain of the client does not match with the NIS domain of the server. Recommended Action : Check the Data Mover network interface and the router configuration. Go to Unisphere > Settings > Network Run Ping Test or run the server_ping CLI command to troubleshoot the network. Check the availability of the DNS server configured in the DNS client of the Data Mover (see server_nis and server_checkup commands). Test the connectivity to both the hostname and the IP address of the DNS server. Event Code : 0x1310490001 My NTP server is my Windows 2008 R2 Domain controller. I am able to ping the DC (192.168.91.3) from the uber console without any issues but if I try to ping from unisphere using the "Run Ping Test" I see: Ive checked the Control Station properties & the current date / time is almost in-line with with what the DC is set to. The DNS server IP is correct I also added an external NTP server (213.130.44.252 - 0.uk.pool.ntp.org) to the control station but its still not able to ping. My VSA is a VM (VMware Workststion) & has the following networking: 128.221.252.100 VM-SAN03 dart_eth0 Internal Datamover IP's 128.221.253.100 VM-SAN03 dart_eth1 Internal Datamover IP's 192.168.91.220 VM-SAN03 VMnet8> NIC1> eth0 Management - Control Station 192.168.81.221 VM-SAN03 VMnet3> NIC2>eth1 - cge0 Storage_DM_2 192.168.81.222 VM-SAN03 VMnet3> NIC2>eth3 - cge1 Storage_DM_3 My DC is on the same IP range as the Management IP Ive checked the NTP service is running & everything looks fine. Does anyone have any suggestions how to get this working?
Found it, you need to download: VSI Storage Viewer 5.6 - x86.exe VSI Unified Storage Management 5.6.2 - x86.exe
Can anyone point me in the right direction to get the VSI plug-in for my vShpere client? I downloaded VSI v6 for VMware Web client & got this Woking fine but I also need the older version to w... See more...
Can anyone point me in the right direction to get the VSI plug-in for my vShpere client? I downloaded VSI v6 for VMware Web client & got this Woking fine but I also need the older version to work with my vi client for my test lab. Ive been on powerkink but Im really not sure on the package name I need to download and there are loads. Thje installer I downloaded said I needed Unisphere CLI to be installed which I cant even find. Im running a Cellera Uber VM, so the first question is will the old VSI (made for vi Client) still work on this? I would need this for a Windows 8 machine or Server 2012 if possible, if not a server 2008 box Thanks
Ive been playing around with the Celerra Uber for the last few weeks with the following setup: 2GB Ram x1 CPU (2 cores) x1 Data mover x1 Management NIC (eth0) X1 Storage NIC (eth1 - cge0) ... See more...
Ive been playing around with the Celerra Uber for the last few weeks with the following setup: 2GB Ram x1 CPU (2 cores) x1 Data mover x1 Management NIC (eth0) X1 Storage NIC (eth1 - cge0) Ive now upgraded my test box so I can afford to give it some more RAM and enable x2 Data movers. So I set off building some more VM's with the following setup: 4.1GB Ram x1 CPU (4 cores) x2 Data movers x1 Management NIC (eth0) X1 Storage NIC (eth1 - cge0) The question I have is if I have server_2 (DM1) as primary & then server_3 (DM2) as fail over, should I add another NIC for server_3 and give this its own networking? As well as looking to get this working Im also looking for best practise here. Also can I increase / decrease RAM after the setup wizard has completed or will this cause issues? Thanks
Sorted the issue by using Firefox as the browser & not IE.
Are you suggesting to use the VNX simulator or something different? I need ISCSI as well as NFS, I read somewhere that the VNX is only NFS
Got it working on Firefox, thanks guys I tried Firexox originally but couldn't get it working as I had the wrong version of Java installed (was too recent) so went back to IE.
I am logged in ad root, also tried the nasadmin user.
I just set the Celerra Uber VM VSA up but I have an issue with some of the fields being blank. As an example if I click Manage NIS Settings I see this: The field where the datamover shou... See more...
I just set the Celerra Uber VM VSA up but I have an issue with some of the fields being blank. As an example if I click Manage NIS Settings I see this: The field where the datamover should be is blank. If I click the drop down I see nothing: If I run the setup wizards I can access & see these fields but once set up I cant edit them through the "settings" menus. This is also the same with the Networking. If I make changers the Apply or OK buttons don't highlight so I cant save the settings: Ive tried different browsers but I get the same result. Does anyone know if its possible to edit these settings through unisphere on the Uber VM?
Can anyone tell me how to install the certificate for the celerra Uber VSA? Will this even work? I updated the cert in-line with this link VSA Time : Fix the blue screen | Nickapedia Thi... See more...
Can anyone tell me how to install the certificate for the celerra Uber VSA? Will this even work? I updated the cert in-line with this link VSA Time : Fix the blue screen | Nickapedia This is my cert after I ran teh script: Ive tried installing this into teh root cert store for the user & machine but its not worked which Im guessing this is cos its showing as invalid. Is this right? should the cert be valid in the VM simulator?
I can SSH & log in ok, no errors about any services. I I run "service --status-all" I see the following: [root@VM-CELERRA01 ~]# service --status-all acpid (pid 5352) is running... anacron (p... See more...
I can SSH & log in ok, no errors about any services. I I run "service --status-all" I see the following: [root@VM-CELERRA01 ~]# service --status-all acpid (pid 5352) is running... anacron (pid 5894) is running... atd (pid 5909) is running... auditd (pid 7277) is running... automount (pid 5286) is running... Avahi daemon is running Avahi DNS daemon is not running Usage: /etc/init.d/blackbird (start|stop|restart) hcid is stopped sdpd is stopped capi not installed - No such file or directory (2) conmand is stopped cpuspeed is stopped crond (pid 5817) is running... cupsd is stopped cups-config-daemon is obsolete dc_client is stopped dc_server is stopped dhcpd is stopped dhcrelay is stopped dund is stopped Usage: /etc/init.d/firstboot {start|stop} gpm is stopped hald is stopped hidd is stopped hpiod is stopped hpssd is stopped Firewall is stopped. ipmi_msghandler module not loaded. ipmi_si module not loaded. ipmi_devintf module not loaded. /dev/ipmi0 does not exist. Firewall is stopped. irattach is stopped irqbalance is stopped Kdump is not operational krb524d is stopped mcstransd is stopped mdadm is stopped mdmpd is stopped dbus-daemon (pid 5211) is running... multipathd is stopped NAS:/etc/init.d/nas: Usage: /etc/init.d/nas { start | stop } Usage: /etc/init.d/nas_alias_setup start netconsole module not loaded netplugd is stopped Configured devices: lo eth0 eth1 Currently active devices: lo eth0 eth1 dart_eth0 dart_eth1 Configured devices: lo dart_eth0 dart_eth1 eth0 eth1 Currently active devices: lo eth0 eth1 dart_eth0 dart_eth1 NetworkManager is stopped NetworkManagerDispatcher is stopped rpc.mountd is stopped nfsd is stopped rpc.statd (pid 5126) is running... nscd is stopped ntpd (pid 5438) is running... pand is stopped pcscd is stopped portmap (pid 5087) is running... Process accounting is enabled. rdisc is stopped rpc.idmapd (pid 5182) is running... saslauthd is stopped sendmail (pid 5800 5792) is running... setroubleshootd is stopped smartd is stopped snmpd is stopped snmptrapd is stopped sshd (pid 6549 5402) is running... syslogd (pid 5032) is running... klogd (pid 5035) is running... vmware-guestd is not running Xvnc is stopped wdaemon is stopped winbindd is stopped wpa_supplicant is stopped xfs (pid 5871) is running... xinetd (pid 5419) is running... ypbind is stopped yum-updatesd is stopped [root@VM-CELERRA01 ~]# I tried command "service nas start" and get: NAS service is already up Any more suggestions?
Yes, the exact version is 8.1.0.15_1DM
Ive been trying to set the VNX VM simulator up in VMware workstation for a while now without any luck. Ive tried eth VMware workstation & OVF versions but I hit the same issue. After I install... See more...
Ive been trying to set the VNX VM simulator up in VMware workstation for a while now without any luck. Ive tried eth VMware workstation & OVF versions but I hit the same issue. After I install & configure the simulator I open the web front end (Unisphere), the splash screen loads. I click the "Start a new EMC Unisphere session" link. I click Continue on the Java warning. I then see another EMC splash screen & then I get a pop up window which is blue with nothing on it. Ive added the IP of the site to the Java security settings & set them to low & am running the latest version of JAVA. Ive tried different browsers & different OS's but I cant seam to get the login box up. Does anyone have any suggestions about how to resolve this? Thanks.