cyhepalle's Posts

cyhepalle's Posts

Dear Chris, many ,many thanks. PROBLEM SOLVED!!! You are the best!!!
Dear Chris, Thank you. problem solved !!! YOU ARE SIMPLY THE BEST!!!!!!  
I've tried to change all possible options: ata, ahci, raid and off... But no disk drives are found. I think that if the system was originally equipped with the S110 sw raid is not possible to upgrade... See more...
I've tried to change all possible options: ata, ahci, raid and off... But no disk drives are found. I think that if the system was originally equipped with the S110 sw raid is not possible to upgrade to an hardware raid. this is absurd for me but it is the only  remained possibility! possible that i'm the first customer with this issue?
The 4 hard drives are connected with a single plug ti the SATA A-D port on the mother board. yes the mini H310 si firmly connected. Please note that i've 2 identical r420 and 2 H310 with the same p... See more...
The 4 hard drives are connected with a single plug ti the SATA A-D port on the mother board. yes the mini H310 si firmly connected. Please note that i've 2 identical r420 and 2 H310 with the same problem. could be an incompatibility with the Embedded S110 raid software?
what i can do?
No there aren't
yes Chris i've bought directly from Dell. the R420 service tag is {{Tag removed by Moderator}} After few months i've bought, even from Dell, the H310 mini with part Number 0K09CJ i don't find any... See more...
yes Chris i've bought directly from Dell. the R420 service tag is {{Tag removed by Moderator}} After few months i've bought, even from Dell, the H310 mini with part Number 0K09CJ i don't find any physical disk in controller (CTRL+R) management and same think from inside the bios (device settings - H310). Italian pro-support says me that the R420 does not support cabled data drives and that is necessary a different chassis with backplane!! Please help :--((
hello, i've bought a mini H310 for my poweredge R420 but i'm not able to configure the array because there aren't physical disk viewed by the controller. There are 4 cabled SATA discs .. The doub... See more...
hello, i've bought a mini H310 for my poweredge R420 but i'm not able to configure the array because there aren't physical disk viewed by the controller. There are 4 cabled SATA discs .. The doubt is that the H310 will not works with cabled drives and perhaps is necessary a backplane? Thank you for helping
hello, i'm having the same problem. all the options in the controller bios are greyed out and do not find any phisical disk. Please note that i've cabled sata drives and not a backplane. A guy of... See more...
hello, i'm having the same problem. all the options in the controller bios are greyed out and do not find any phisical disk. Please note that i've cabled sata drives and not a backplane. A guy of the techincal support says that i need a backplane to activate raid in r420 with the mini H310 but i don't think so... And if a backplane is needed could you help me to find the correct SKU? Can you help me? many thanks