glamprinos's Posts

glamprinos's Posts

Thanks, Chris! The server is at a remote site and I'll give this a try next time I'm on-site.  I don't think I'll be there until mid-month but I'll be sure to update you then.
I have a PowerEdge 2900 in production and I'm trying to configure iDRAC.  I have a known good network connection plugged in to the Ethernet port with the wrench symbol next to it.  The lights light u... See more...
I have a PowerEdge 2900 in production and I'm trying to configure iDRAC.  I have a known good network connection plugged in to the Ethernet port with the wrench symbol next to it.  The lights light up on the port. When I access Dell OpenManage I don't see a remote access option under Main System Chassis.  On initial boot, before I see anything else, I do see the message "Remote Access Controller Detected".  Normally I'll see a prompt to press Control-D or Control-E to managethe remote access controller.  Not on this server though.  the boot continues normally showing the SCSI cards and the Broadcom NetXtreme Ethernet Boot Agent.   Next I see: Remote Access Configuration Utility 1.28  Baseboard Management Controller revision 2.37 Primary Backplane Firmware Revision 1.05 Flex Bay Firware Revision 1.05 Baseboard Management Controller Communication Failure   Now Windows starts to load. I tried pressing CTRL-D and CTRL-E when the Remote Access Configuration Utility launches but nothing happens.  I don't see any screen prompts asking to press anything to manage the RAC utility.  My BIOS version is 2.6.1 so I should have all the iDRAC updates that were released in the prior BIOS update.    Any suggestions would be appreciated.   Thanks! George