decker12's Posts

decker12's Posts

Frustratingly, my user who's testing out the WD19TB for us just reported that he plugged in his 7490 via TB3 and one of his 4k monitor simply wouldn't go above 1080p. Display properties didn't have a... See more...
Frustratingly, my user who's testing out the WD19TB for us just reported that he plugged in his 7490 via TB3 and one of his 4k monitor simply wouldn't go above 1080p. Display properties didn't have anything above 1080p as an option. The cable he was using as a HDMI (monitor) to USB-C (plugged into the back of the dock). I had to physically unplug the HDMI cable on the back of his monitor and replug it back in for the monitor to wake back up and allow it to go to 4k. Obviously I can't have users screwing with unplugging cables behind their monitors every day when they come into work, so we'll have to wait and see if this problem is one that goes away.
Here's the article on 2.4hz interference with USB3 docking stations: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/docs/io/universal-serial-bus/usb3-frequency-interference-paper.html We've seen ... See more...
Here's the article on 2.4hz interference with USB3 docking stations: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/docs/io/universal-serial-bus/usb3-frequency-interference-paper.html We've seen this time and again on all of our TB16s. The end result is that the typical Logitech wireless keyboard skips key, and the mouse "stutters" while you're moving it around. It's infuriating :) The fix for the TB16s was to install a USB2 hub (AmazonBasics 3 port hub for $10 worked fine), and then plug all 2.4ghz devices into that hub. That put just enough distance between the TB16 and the wireless devices to solve the problem. It was however a huge headache at the time trying to figure out what the issue was.
Well, good news is that the DP to USB-C cable I bought works. Bad news is that HDMI from the monitor to HDMI on the Dock doesn't work at all when I plug that DP to USB-C cable into the WD19TB dock. ... See more...
Well, good news is that the DP to USB-C cable I bought works. Bad news is that HDMI from the monitor to HDMI on the Dock doesn't work at all when I plug that DP to USB-C cable into the WD19TB dock. It simply isn't recognized when I have the DP to USB-C cable plugged in on the 2nd monitor. Unplugging that DP to USB-C cable makes the HDMI monitor instantly light up. What does work is if I use a HDMI to USB-C cable and plug that into the TB3 port on the back of the "side addon" piece of the WD19. Then both monitors lit up at 4k and 60hz. I will have the user dock, undock, put it to sleep, etc in an effort to make sure they always wake up at 4k and 60hz instead of reverting to some other resolution or 29hz. So, in summary: Monitor 1 HDMI to Dock HDMI, Monitor 2 DP to Dock DP Only DP Monitor 2 works Monitor 1 DP to Dock DP, Monitor 2 DP to Dock DP Both monitors stuck at 4k 30hz Monitor 1 using HDMI to USB-C Adapter to Dock TB3 port in back, Monitor 2 using DP to USB-C Adapter to Dock USB-C "DP" port on back Both monitors work 4k at 60hz Anyway, I'll know more in a few days as the user puts the WD19 through it's paces. Do you know if this WD19 fixes the 2.4ghz interference issue that happens from the dock's USB3 ports? That was a problem on the TB16 and it also exists on most of the 3rd party TB3 docks I've tried. 
Thanks for the update. I have purchased the WD19TB which according to the PDF, should also be charging my 7490s. Is the "WD19TB" the same base unit as the other WD19's, but just with a different cabl... See more...
Thanks for the update. I have purchased the WD19TB which according to the PDF, should also be charging my 7490s. Is the "WD19TB" the same base unit as the other WD19's, but just with a different cable side-box coming out of it? I'm still curious how they charge the laptop with the longer cable. I was told time and again that the shorter cable on the TB16's was because of the power delivery needs.  I really, really, REALLY miss the e-port docking solutions. That was such a simple, elegant solution. User gets into the office, clicks in, monitors wake up, and they're done. You have no idea how much time and energy I've put into solving this docking problem so my laptop users can have multiple monitors. The TB16 was an unmitigated disaster in our environment, with the sole benefit that it had a power button which helped wake closed laptops. I have literal stacks of dead or malfunctioning TB16 docks, a couple months out of warranty, all waiting to be e-wasted. In the meantime I've bought and tested several brands of 3rd party docks, and sadly the one that works great still has trouble on Windows 10 consistently getting 60hz on dual 4k. Reason I mention the TB16s is that I am holding some hope that the TB19s will behave better. I already like the new TB19 form factor and the longer cable, now I just need to figure out this 60hz at dual 4k and I'll be in business. I'll know more when my DP to USB-C cable arrives later today.  
Thanks @Dell-Alan D  Is there something special about that adapter? I ordered a cable from amazon that was USB-C and DP, and said it was 4k @60hz. Link is here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0... See more...
Thanks @Dell-Alan D  Is there something special about that adapter? I ordered a cable from amazon that was USB-C and DP, and said it was 4k @60hz. Link is here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N11K30W/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I'm hoping that's the equivalent of that Dell adapter, both because I already ordered it, and I'm not a fan of propriety adapters.  I also noticed the TB3 cable is longer on the TB19TS. Any idea why/how it's longer than what was shipped with the TB16s? I was told in the past that the TB16 cable was so short because of limitations of power delivery.
Thanks for the info @DELL and @jimaah . Our 7490's do have TB3 (not just USB-C) so it's connected to the dock properly via TB3. I noticed on the back of the dock there is a USB-C connector with a Di... See more...
Thanks for the info @DELL and @jimaah . Our 7490's do have TB3 (not just USB-C) so it's connected to the dock properly via TB3. I noticed on the back of the dock there is a USB-C connector with a DisplayPort logo on it. Is that the port I need to use? That being said, my LG monitors only have the large DP connector and HDMI. Do I just get a cable that converts DP to USB-C, and then use HDMI for the 2nd monitor? Or do I need something special other than a converter cable to make that happen? Another question: The LG monitors I am using have HDR built into them, something I don't need to use. Any chance that is causing problems with the TB3 bandwidth?
I picked up one of the new WD19TB Dell docks and hooked it up to a nearly-new 7490 with TB3. I tried every combination of HDMI and Diplayport (WD19TS has dual DP and HDMI, my monitors have both DP an... See more...
I picked up one of the new WD19TB Dell docks and hooked it up to a nearly-new 7490 with TB3. I tried every combination of HDMI and Diplayport (WD19TS has dual DP and HDMI, my monitors have both DP and HDMI) and cannot get this dock to talk to my 4k monitors at 60hz. They only go as high as 30hz. I have a Caldigit TS3+ dock which hooks up to this same 7490 via TB3, and runs dual 4k at 60hz without a problem. I just can't get the new Dell WD19TB to do it. What am I doing wrong?
My solution is to uninstall the 3.xx version that comes with the laptop, and then reinstall the 3.0 version which you can still find on Dell's site. The 3.0 version doesn't have this problem. If I re... See more...
My solution is to uninstall the 3.xx version that comes with the laptop, and then reinstall the 3.0 version which you can still find on Dell's site. The 3.0 version doesn't have this problem. If I remember correctly this 3.0 version is strangely hidden on Dell's site so it may take a bit of screwing around to find it. I keep a copy on a thumb drive because I was tired of trying to find the program on Dell's site. You can also find and use any of the 2.xx version which work fine and don't give this buggy notification. A brand new out of the box 7490 ran Dell command Update 2.xx just fine the other day.
I've never had a MS account, all my testing and failures have been with domain joined computers for employees in active directory.
Our 7490's have TB3 ports and we are using both TB16 and Caldigit TS3+ Thunderbolt docks with them. On our newest 7490's, ones purchased in 2019, as soon as we plug in the TB3 docks, the fans on the... See more...
Our 7490's have TB3 ports and we are using both TB16 and Caldigit TS3+ Thunderbolt docks with them. On our newest 7490's, ones purchased in 2019, as soon as we plug in the TB3 docks, the fans on the laptop crank up and stay cranked up, making a huge amount of noise. This happens whether or not we have anything plugged into the TB3 docks. I could just plug in power to the TB3 dock - no monitors, no mouse or keyboards - and within 30 seconds these 7490s have screaming fans. As soon as I unplug the TB cable, the computer calms down, and the fans slow down. Windows isn't doing anything either. Just sitting on the desktop with no programs running. Task Manager shows nothing taking up CPU cycles.  All these laptops are fully updated, basically right out of the box, with Dell Command Update ran and all BIOS updates, driver updates, etc are all run and updated. What's the trick to fixing this?
Running into the same problem on a brand new, out of the box 7490. Every reboot, Dell Command Update is telling the user that the system has been updated. Going to uninstall Dell Command Update to tr... See more...
Running into the same problem on a brand new, out of the box 7490. Every reboot, Dell Command Update is telling the user that the system has been updated. Going to uninstall Dell Command Update to try to get rid of the alert. The other thing I find unusual is that every time I open Command Update, it tells me it last checked "Never" and it last updated "Never". Clearly un true as it just ran, scanned, and updated a week or a day ago. I've had DCU on many laptops over the years and so far only this latest 3.0.1 version is giving me trouble. All the other DCU installations do NOT notify me constantly, and the "last update" and "last installed" has always shown me the proper time it last checked. On a related note, in the past month or so, the latest version of Dell's utilities have been pretty crappy. Dell Digital Delivery (the new one) hangs on all my laptops forever, just sitting there with a spinning circle when I try to run it. Dell Power Manager and Dell Trackpad Software now stupidly needs the Microsoft Store to download the applications, which is hilarious because Windows 10 Long Term Service Branch doesn't even HAVE the Microsoft Store.
Brand new fresh out of the box 7490. Ran Dell Command Update, ran all the Windows 10 updates, opened up the preinstalled and new looking Dell Digital Delivery to get my Dell Power Manager. It's just... See more...
Brand new fresh out of the box 7490. Ran Dell Command Update, ran all the Windows 10 updates, opened up the preinstalled and new looking Dell Digital Delivery to get my Dell Power Manager. It's just hanging on the Welcome to Dell Digital Delivery screen. Hanging, with a spinning circle, for hours now. Reboot and it does the same thing. How can I access Dell Digital Delivery to get my Power Manager if the program just hangs on a nearly fresh out of the box Dell laptop? I'd love to put more information into this post but that's about it. Fresh out of the box, and all I did was run updates from Windows Update and Dell Command Update. The Dell Digital Delivery software won't run. Not domain joined, just a generic user installed on it without a password, no software installed, no nothing. I'm going to let it run all night and see what happens in the morning. Thanks for a great experience Dell, this has been wonderful today with this brand new laptop.
No, the Dell Power Manager SERVICE does not contain the App itself. I'm not sure what it does - and the description is ridiculously vague - but it is NOT the same Dell Power Manager application that ... See more...
No, the Dell Power Manager SERVICE does not contain the App itself. I'm not sure what it does - and the description is ridiculously vague - but it is NOT the same Dell Power Manager application that version 2.1.0. In the older version that you can download without using the MS store, it has the little battery icon and the tabs on the left for power usage and can select Optimized / Cool /Quiet. My guess is that Dell wants you to first install the Service "driver" from Dell, and then go to the MS Store to install the actual application. Which, just like this trackpad application that you have to download from the MS Store, is a garbage waste of time for sys admins.
Looks like the Dell Power Manager 3.0 software is ANOTHER one that's only available on the Microsoft store. We universally block access to the MS Store in our organization. So I guess I'm out of luck... See more...
Looks like the Dell Power Manager 3.0 software is ANOTHER one that's only available on the Microsoft store. We universally block access to the MS Store in our organization. So I guess I'm out of luck with yet another Dell software product because they are stupidly only releasing it on the horrible MS Store. Why, Dell, Why?
I've installed Dell Power Manager 2.1.0 many, many times on various 7490's. My latest batch of 7490's when I try to run the installer, I get an Error 1722, "Action PowerManager_register, location: C... See more...
I've installed Dell Power Manager 2.1.0 many, many times on various 7490's. My latest batch of 7490's when I try to run the installer, I get an Error 1722, "Action PowerManager_register, location: C:\programfiles\...\DellCommandPowerManager.exe" -r What's going on with this? I also saw some **bleep** about Dell Power Manager 3.0 "Power Manager Service" being available, but you couldn't get the actual Power Manager App unless you use the Microsoft Store, which is universally blocked in my organization.
Just wanted to throw in my comments about the TB16 after not writing any for 6 months: We've stopped using the TB16. They all consistently have died or have had what I consider unacceptable amounts ... See more...
Just wanted to throw in my comments about the TB16 after not writing any for 6 months: We've stopped using the TB16. They all consistently have died or have had what I consider unacceptable amounts of issues for at least 75% of the users in my organization. I've RMA'ed several of them and the replacements end up being just as bad after a few months. I've replaced them all with Caldigit docks which work fine. The plastic connector with the little TB icon snaps apart very easily and breaks, leaving wires exposed. I ended up using electrical tape to keep the plastic connector snapped closed. Classy looking. The USB lag and freeze issue never really went away. We would just use external USB3 hubs to fix the problem instead of using the USB ports on the TB16. Firmware updates bricked several TB16s. Firmware updates on their own were a huge pain - often not starting, requiring input but the USB ports suddenly died, some not working after a couple of steps, and often requiring me to drag out a huge 220w power adapter for them to actually begin the update. Just a huge pain for what should be super simple. Several TB16s simply died on me. No lights, no power, nothing. Replaced power supplies, tried higher powered ones, lower powered ones. Some of them I could fix by unscrewing them and pulling the power plug from the little motherboard and then it would work fine for a few months. Some of them I had to RMA. They're just wonky for lack of a better team. They are in no way as simple and as reliable as the old E-series docking solution where you clicked into them. Considering all the screwing around and faults with them they are in now way worth the $300+ you pay for them. They're just lemons of a product.  By comparison the Caldigit TB+ docks I'm using have worked consistently 100% of the time without any issues with both Macs and PCs. They just work. Once the secret got out that some of my users found relief with the Caldigit docks I had people lining up at my door looking to replace the TB16s.
Awesome, great work around! I haven't run into this recently - it appears that the newer dells like the 7490 don't use the Dell software anyway and instead tells you to use the Windows 10 trackpad c... See more...
Awesome, great work around! I haven't run into this recently - it appears that the newer dells like the 7490 don't use the Dell software anyway and instead tells you to use the Windows 10 trackpad control panel, which seems to have the same functionality. But for older Dell laptops, Windows 10 wants you to install this Dell app which is the source of my frustration with the Microsoft Store. Dell really should just put the stupid thing as a regular download so you can deploy it in an image.
Every singe one of my TB16s has that broken plastic cover on the connector. It's not a matter of if they'll break, but a matter of when. They're just junky  I tape them back up with electrical tape,... See more...
Every singe one of my TB16s has that broken plastic cover on the connector. It's not a matter of if they'll break, but a matter of when. They're just junky  I tape them back up with electrical tape, but then it hides the LED that shows when you're connected. Anyway, just minutes ago I rolled out another another Caldigit TB3+ dock for another user, with two 4k screens. Worked perfectly and I was in and out in 5 minutes. That company has taken my dock business completely away from Dell.
I gave up on the TB16s. I don't buy them anymore. They're a hassle to implement and poorly built.  Every single one of my TB16s I still have in my office has twisted, fraying TB3 cables. Something a... See more...
I gave up on the TB16s. I don't buy them anymore. They're a hassle to implement and poorly built.  Every single one of my TB16s I still have in my office has twisted, fraying TB3 cables. Something about the rubber they used just looks and feels like garbage after a couple of months. I've had to tape up the thunderbolt connector because the plastic bit around it falls apart. I've had three of them RMA'ed, and two additional ones have fell out of warranty and have just flat out stopped working (no lights on the TB3 connector). I've dissembled one and unplugged it's power ribbon cable from the motherboard inside of it and that fixes it for a few weeks before it happens again. Plus that firmware upgrade process was a joke. The only way I could get the firmware to update is if I plugged in the massive 240w power adapter to it (which costs more even though a 14" ultraportable should never need that kind of power), and even then it was hit or miss when trying to update it from a brand spanking new out of the box 7490. Great product, Dell, just great. When they break, I replace them with "Caldigit TB3+" docks. They work great, are the same price, and have a removable cable so you can buy an Active TB cable for longer lengths if you need it.
Disabling C-states on a laptop will most likely diminish your battery capacity. I haven't tried this fix with my TB16s but I don't think it's a trade off my users would be willing to make. I've had ... See more...
Disabling C-states on a laptop will most likely diminish your battery capacity. I haven't tried this fix with my TB16s but I don't think it's a trade off my users would be willing to make. I've had luck with alternate docks and posted my experience with one of them here: https://www.dell.com/community/Latitude/TB16-Expensive-poorly-designed-recommend-avoiding/m-p/6245132/highlight/true#M9649