decker12's Posts

decker12's Posts

My reseller quoted be $109 for a 240w power adapter. It's ridiculous that these TB16s want so much power, but doesn't actually need it to run 1080p screens and charge a 14" laptop. I've run the TB16... See more...
My reseller quoted be $109 for a 240w power adapter. It's ridiculous that these TB16s want so much power, but doesn't actually need it to run 1080p screens and charge a 14" laptop. I've run the TB16s on 130w and other than it yelling at me constantly about being under powered it works fine. Battery charges, no throttling, etc.
Forgot to add this fun story about the crappy USB port problem on the TB16 dock that happened to a user yesterday: User plugged their iPhone into the front USB ports on the TB16. iTunes opened up an... See more...
Forgot to add this fun story about the crappy USB port problem on the TB16 dock that happened to a user yesterday: User plugged their iPhone into the front USB ports on the TB16. iTunes opened up and said she had a software update available. She said sure, why not, and ran the software update. Since the USB ports **bleep** out and stutter on the mouse and keyboard, they also **bleep** out during apparently any data transfer including the "don't you dare interrupt it" phase of upgrading iOS. Bricked her iPhone and dumped it into Recovery mode. Completely unusable until restored to factory defaults. Thankfully she had an up to date backup of her phone so this was "only" an hour long fix that took time away from our day for both of us.  
I'm having the same problem with a brand new TB16 and a brand new 7490. If I plug a mouse or a keyboard into the TB16 USB slots, it lags like crazy, jumpy and unusable. If I plug the mouse and keybo... See more...
I'm having the same problem with a brand new TB16 and a brand new 7490. If I plug a mouse or a keyboard into the TB16 USB slots, it lags like crazy, jumpy and unusable. If I plug the mouse and keyboard into a USB hub and plug THAT into the TB, still laggy and jumpy and unusable. If I plug the mouse and keyboard into a USB hub and plug that into the laptop itself, it's fine. I also cannot run the TB16 firmware update as I'm "up to date" on everything except the ASMedia USB firmware part which fails. I'm not using the 240w power adapter, but I have one on order and will try it as soon as I get it. I shouldn't need a 240w power adapter to use a keyboard and a mouse with the TB16 while charging a 14" ultra portable. This is infuriating. When will we see a fix?
Sorry JOcean, those don't even begin to answer the question I posted. Did you post to the wrong thread accidentally?    
I suspect that your hardware doesn't support whatever Windows Hello wants. I have a brand new, fully loaded 7490 ($2000+) that was shipped last week, and it tells me that "Windows Hello isn't availa... See more...
I suspect that your hardware doesn't support whatever Windows Hello wants. I have a brand new, fully loaded 7490 ($2000+) that was shipped last week, and it tells me that "Windows Hello isn't available on your device". Looking at the Windows Hello info site, only 3 Dell laptops support it (9370, 7370, and 5570), and all are lower end consumer laptops. Nothing in the Latitude line supports it.
I've had similar experiences with their Self Encrypting Drives (SED). We used to order Latitudes with both finger print sensors and SEDs, with the thought that we'd be really secure if one of our lap... See more...
I've had similar experiences with their Self Encrypting Drives (SED). We used to order Latitudes with both finger print sensors and SEDs, with the thought that we'd be really secure if one of our laptops got stolen. It was an unmitigated disaster. Check my post history for my comments about using the Dell suite of "security and protection" products which included the fingerprint software and SED software. Literally 60+ hours of screwing around trying to get the products actually working on Windows 7. Now that we've upgraded to Windows 10 we no longer order SEDs and instead just use Bitlocker. All of our Windows 7 machines have SEDs which are not being used because the software just plain doesn't work, was impossible to install, or routinely bricks / kills the hard drives for no reason other than it thinks it's been compromised and won't unlock. Maybe it all works well if you have 10,000 people in your company and your IT dept has some massive complex $150,000 managed "Dell Security Encryption Protection Suite Enterprise Virtual Cloud Service for Windows 2016 Datacenter Edition" (or god knows what they actually call it). But for everyone else, my company included, it's just an aggravating pile of junk that I've struggled with and never got working, so we just don't use it anymore.
@DAF44 wrote: So ...you are saying we should get our money back:Smile: Well, you'd have to send the entire laptop back and you can only do that within the 30 day window of purchase. It's not ... See more...
@DAF44 wrote: So ...you are saying we should get our money back:Smile: Well, you'd have to send the entire laptop back and you can only do that within the 30 day window of purchase. It's not like you can yank out the fingerprint reader and Dell sends you a check for $50. In the future however I would not order Dells with the finger print readers, and I'm sad to say you should give up on them ever working properly and just stop using them altogether. In my experience, regardless of the Latitude model, over the years they've simply never worked reliably enough and my frustrations with them are the same as other users on this thread. As I said I gave up on them entirely. While my users may have them physically installed on their laptop, we do not require their use nor do we ask them to enroll their fingerprints in them. 
In the login screen for all our domain joined Windows 10 and Windows 7 Latitudes, the users have multiple login icons. For instance, on Windows 10, we'll have the usual centered username and Password... See more...
In the login screen for all our domain joined Windows 10 and Windows 7 Latitudes, the users have multiple login icons. For instance, on Windows 10, we'll have the usual centered username and Password box, and on the lower left we'll have: [Icon] Joe Smith [Icon] Other User [Icon] Joe Smith [Icon] Other User [Icon] Smart Card Joe Smith has only logged into this computer once as a domain user. He doesn't have a local account AND a domain account. Clicking either Joe Smith logs him in without a problem to the same account. No idea why he's listed twice. This has been happening to our users for years, and only on our Dell laptops - not on our Dell desktops. Any idea what's going on? Edit: Realized the problem has nothing to do with a fingerprint reader. I just installed a brand new 7490 without a fingerprint reader and Windows 10 is showing those multiple login icons. On this laptop I didn't have the multiple logins for the couple of hours it took me to install software and copy over the user's files, but I looked over at it a few minutes ago after a reboot and viola, those multiple icons are back.  
Just wanted to throw my $.02 into this and say that we have NEVER found the fingerprint readers on any of our Latitudes to be particularly responsive or reliable. My users despise them and it was a n... See more...
Just wanted to throw my $.02 into this and say that we have NEVER found the fingerprint readers on any of our Latitudes to be particularly responsive or reliable. My users despise them and it was a nightmare for the few test users that we tested out a security policy that we actually required them to use them to log in. They have also been a HUGE pain to enroll fingerprints on, with so many different versions and methods of Dell Data Protect, DDP Access, DDP Security Suite, DDP This and DDP That and DDP Enterprise ControlVault Protection Enrollment Server Blah Blah Blah Blah. The software side of it is a huge minefield and none of it is explained properly or very well. I've spent hours and hours trying to figure it out with little success.  Heaven forbid you wipe and re-image a laptop from a base Windows 7 installation disk - you won't even be able to get the drivers for these things working properly and the downloads available for your service tag are a mess where you may get the driver but Dell won't give you the enrollment piece where you actually scan in your fingerprint! I remember a few years ago you had to install the fingerprint drivers before the Controlvault drivers and before the enrollment but not before you did something else which required ANOTHER thing first. You **bleep** up any of these specific steps and you literally had to reinstall Windows to start over. It was a joke. I've had our reseller flat out tell me not to use the Dell security software because they've never gotten it working reliably enough for any of their clients.  We gave up on it and we no longer buy Dell laptops with integrated fingerprint readers. We tried it for years on various laptops and none of them were a solid, reliable user experience. Windows 10 made it a bit easier from a software standpoint but it's still wonky and unreliable as **bleep**. By comparison, any external fingerprint reader works perfectly with these laptops under Windows 7 and Windows 10. I bought a bunch of models years ago so I could test them out so users could fingerprint auth when they are docked with their laptops closed, and every one of them worked almost perfectly out of the box. But I couldn't expect the users to drag this external fingerprint reader with it's 6' cable around with them every time they traveled. Sorry to say, but I suggest bailing on the fingerprint reader problem because it's been a disaster for years and doesn't sound like it's gotten any better.
I have several USB3 e-port docks (think it's the E-port Plus 2, they have USB3, DVI plus Display Port) that we've been using for years. Recently several of them have been randomly complaining with t... See more...
I have several USB3 e-port docks (think it's the E-port Plus 2, they have USB3, DVI plus Display Port) that we've been using for years. Recently several of them have been randomly complaining with the pre-boot "not enough power to power the dock" error. Hovering over the battery icon in Windows confirms that it's "Not charging". The external display and USB ports on the dock work fine. Laptops are all updated with the latest BIOS and whatnot from Dell Command Update. The laptops are the same, the power supply is the same 130w power supply that have been plugged in again, for years. I've been swapping power supplies for other 130w bricks and that sometimes fixes it, sometimes it comes back again. Any idea what could be happening? Are my admittedly years old 130w bricks slowly dying? I'll buy new ones if that sounds like the issue but the bricks themselves show now sign of wear, they're exceptionally hot or worn cabling or anything like that.
Fantastic, that is exactly the advice I've been looking for. Our Bitlocker keys are stored in AD, but I'll run another backup of the key from the Bitlocker control panel just to double check. Apprec... See more...
Fantastic, that is exactly the advice I've been looking for. Our Bitlocker keys are stored in AD, but I'll run another backup of the key from the Bitlocker control panel just to double check. Appreciate the response!
I have a 7490 with W10 and Bitlocker enabled and a dead HDMI port. Pretty sure the Dell tech is going to replace the motherboard as part of the process to fix the HDMI port. I can't imagine Bitlocke... See more...
I have a 7490 with W10 and Bitlocker enabled and a dead HDMI port. Pretty sure the Dell tech is going to replace the motherboard as part of the process to fix the HDMI port. I can't imagine Bitlocker is going to be very happy when it suddenly sees a whole new motherboard. I don't want to lock my user out of their data after the repair. Any idea what my steps are to prevent that, or how Bitlocker will behave with a whole motherboard replacement?  
I've had problems not exactly like you're describing with my TB16, but still USB related. It's similar to what you said - the mouse and keyboard are herky jerky. It's a subtle thing but drives my use... See more...
I've had problems not exactly like you're describing with my TB16, but still USB related. It's similar to what you said - the mouse and keyboard are herky jerky. It's a subtle thing but drives my users crazy when they switch to the 7480/90 and TB16 solution (instead of the E port docking solution Dell used to have). It's like you are using wireless devices and they're too far from the receiver. My problems had nothing to do with unplugging and replugging after a meeting however. It was just general bad behavior from the USB ports on my TB16. I never found a workable solution to it other than plugging my wifi receivers into the USB ports on our Dell monitors, which are then plugged into the TB16. Or you can buy an external powered USB hub and plug that into the TB16.  Bottom line is that something is wonky with the USB ports on the TB16 and has been for a couple of years now. Switching to another hub, and then plugging that hub into the TB16 seemed to resolve it for me. Also, next time it happens, pull the power plug from the TB16 and replug it and see if that resolves it. In essence, reboot the TB16.
Do you have the Dell Power Manager installed? I know, I know, it sounds like bloatware, but I've had enough goofy experiences with loud fan noises and general temperature issues that I now install it... See more...
Do you have the Dell Power Manager installed? I know, I know, it sounds like bloatware, but I've had enough goofy experiences with loud fan noises and general temperature issues that I now install it by default on our Latitudes (mostly 7480's and 7490's). I don't think it's a dramatic difference but the software at least gives you a few more options for controlling the fan and temperature speed, so it hooks into the hardware on some level. On a related note, the TB16s still rely on your onboard video on the laptop to push the monitors, so dual 4k monitors are going to heat up the laptop no matter what. Those TB16s are wonky anyway, I have a high failure rate on them (probably RMA'ed 4 or 5 of them in the past 18 months) and I'm pretty sure the heat pounding through the laptop's TB port even fried the HDMI port for my one user who has dual 4k monitors.
I have a user with two monitors and an under the monitor E-port dock. When he's using the computer all day, the laptop lid is closed. When he leaves for the day, he pushes the Eject button on the do... See more...
I have a user with two monitors and an under the monitor E-port dock. When he's using the computer all day, the laptop lid is closed. When he leaves for the day, he pushes the Eject button on the dock and the laptop lid remains closed, but the computer doesn't go to sleep. So he ends up putting a running laptop in his laptop bag, where it quickly overheats and/or drains the battery during his commute home. Is there a fix for this that doesn't involve him manually putting the computer asleep before ejecting it from the dock?
Same problem with a new and fresh Windows 10 install of a 7490. Instant and immediate BSOD when I plug in the TB16 dock. Dell Command Update did not find the proper ASMedia USB Host driver apparentl... See more...
Same problem with a new and fresh Windows 10 install of a 7490. Instant and immediate BSOD when I plug in the TB16 dock. Dell Command Update did not find the proper ASMedia USB Host driver apparently. I updated the ASMedia USB Host Driver manually with  Version 1.16.49.1, A06 and it works fine now. As I said, Dell Command Update did not find this newer version of the driver. Strangely, I have not had this crash with any other 7480 in the office when they use their TB16 docks. Only this one 7490 and it's TB16 dock caused the immediate crash. If you're having this issue I recommend manually downloading and installing that 1.16.49.1 A06 driver.
Thanks for your attention to it, even though we're not planning on using it anymore, it definitely needs a re-work for customers that do want to use it. As a sysadmin for a small company, I would ha... See more...
Thanks for your attention to it, even though we're not planning on using it anymore, it definitely needs a re-work for customers that do want to use it. As a sysadmin for a small company, I would have loved to have some sort of easy to find product or driver from the Dell website that simply allowed me to enable my SED. Make it as easy as Bitlocker or Filevault2. Make it some driver or control panel icon that also seamlessly installs and updates Controlvault and the Controlvault firmware, enables the SED and PBA, and gives me an easy to use code or file that I save somewhere else in case my drive gets locked. Since we re-image and reinstall Windows often, don't hide this one-stop-installer or bury it somewhere in the Dell download area, keep it right with the other drivers for the service tag. Don't label it something confusing and nebulous like "Dell Data Protection Suite Encryption Drive | Command Pre Boot Lock Screen (Personal Edition)". Make it as consistent and easy to use as the current Dell Command Update software, and don't change the look and feel of the PBA between versions or if I'm using UEFI Secure boot. If my system was configured with a fingerprint reader, make all those drivers and software for using it available right there with the Intel HD Graphics display driver. Please, treat me like an **bleep** and spoon feed me the items I need instead of making me have to dig for them and try out every possible combination. If I want the high end Enterprise level centralized protection product, I'll contact Dell to get that figured out and pay for the consulting. Anyway, thanks again for keeping my thoughts about the products in mind.  
Still not working for me on a brand new 7390 2 in 1. I updated the BIOS manually first, but running Dell Command Update after still gives me "Load of Update Catalog Failed". What's the latest fix fo... See more...
Still not working for me on a brand new 7390 2 in 1. I updated the BIOS manually first, but running Dell Command Update after still gives me "Load of Update Catalog Failed". What's the latest fix for this?
I think it would go a long way to provide some easy to understand documentation about setting up DDP with and without a centralized server. For years, I literally had to figure out every single step ... See more...
I think it would go a long way to provide some easy to understand documentation about setting up DDP with and without a centralized server. For years, I literally had to figure out every single step of DDP implementation by myself. Then the products would change, or they'd just changed names, or two products would combine into one, and I'd have to figure it out all over again when a new laptop arrived that somehow wasn't compatible with the process I figured out earlier. This required countless re-imaging of systems and several completely bricked self encrypting drives that through no fault of my own, just somehow became misconfigured. I scoured the internet and Dell's support sites looking for implementation documentation without success. We're under 100 employees and didn't need some massive enterprise level $150k security suite... we simply wanted to encrypt our SED's and it was a disaster. My reseller has the exact same complaints and flat out told me I was going down a vortex that few people have successfully navigated. They flat out recommended I find another security suite.  DDP doesn't even compare to Bitlocker and Apple's FileVault from an ease of use and sysadmin AND end-user friendly standpoint. I am absolutely thrilled to leave DDP behind us now that we have upgraded to Windows 10 and can use Bitlocker. Yes, I understand the difference between what DDP offered with PBA and what Bitlocker offers from a security standpoint, but I'll gladly take the comparatively low risks associated with Bitlocker to never have to deal with Dell security products again. Dell has replaced something like 5 SSDs that DDP has bricked after the user did absolutely nothing wrong with PBA.  I am still peeved at the sheer amount of hours I spent trying to figure out DDP. Even the nightmare mismatch of names still drives me crazy - DDP | Encryption, DDP | Security Tools, Dell Encryption, DDP | Access, DDP | Enterprise, the list goes on and on. I mean good lord, all or none or some of these need all or none or other ones, and some are renames of existing products, some require enterprise servers, some requite SSDs, some require fingerprint readers, some don't. It's a mess and unless I pay some consultant to figure it out for me, it's ridiculous to figure out on my own. Ditto with finger print readers and Control Vault. I actually *never* got them working properly on any of my Latitude systems. They didn't work out of the box, they were flaky, and we simply don't order laptops with them anymore.
Thanks, I had to download the ZIp file, then burn the AMD64 ISO file to a CD. After an hour of screwing around, I couldn't get it working at all off of a USB drive, so I had to do it the old fashione... See more...
Thanks, I had to download the ZIp file, then burn the AMD64 ISO file to a CD. After an hour of screwing around, I couldn't get it working at all off of a USB drive, so I had to do it the old fashioned way and use a CD. I recommend others do the same, just use a CD of the ISO instead of trying to setup some sort of bootable USB and struggling to get that to work with the UEFI BIOS. Once I booted to the CD, the recovery process was fast, although you do need the .DAT file you hopefully saved when you installed Dell Data Protection SED encryption. Don't know why it needs the .DAT file when you already have the password to unlock the drive.. just another reason to get rid of the Dell PBA junk and use something different like Bitlocker. Be sure to select the Remove PBA option instead of just a one-time unlock!