decker12's Posts

decker12's Posts

Nothing on the release notes for the firmware upgrade say anything about fixing this particular issue. So either the release notes are incomplete, or updating the firmware won't solve the issue. T... See more...
Nothing on the release notes for the firmware upgrade say anything about fixing this particular issue. So either the release notes are incomplete, or updating the firmware won't solve the issue. This switch is one of the core switches in our networking environment and I'm not willing to risk any functionality of it by upgrading the firmware (and risking issues of a different, unknown sort) just because we can't think of anything else to try.
Unfortunately, the changes made to the switch configuration in terms of time of day and the subnet mask change are NOT getting automatically saved to NVRAM once the Apply Changes button is clicked. I... See more...
Unfortunately, the changes made to the switch configuration in terms of time of day and the subnet mask change are NOT getting automatically saved to NVRAM once the Apply Changes button is clicked. If it did, they would persist through a reboot, like the rest of the settings. That's the purpose of my question, asking why those two settings are not being saved through a reboot when I hit Apply Changes.
In the CLI, we tried to use copy running-config startup-config but it didnt work. The error message is: net-sw-08# copy running-config startup-config Source And Destination URL combination is not ... See more...
In the CLI, we tried to use copy running-config startup-config but it didnt work. The error message is: net-sw-08# copy running-config startup-config Source And Destination URL combination is not supported There's no NTP server configured. There isn't even a way to configure one for the switch. You can just change the time in the GUI, and that change sticks until a switch reboot. There is a firmware revision for this switch but it makes no mention of fixing either of these issues. In fact the version notes make no mention of anything that we'd want to update the firmware for. The issues that the firmware resolves has nothing to do with anything we need. Again, if I use the web GUI to make other changes, those changes work fine. It just won't save the time change nor the subnet mask change after a reboot.
Our Powerconnect 2848 isn't restoring certain settings after a reboot. I change the time and date in the web GUI, restart the switch, and the time/date reverts back to Jan 1 2000. Likewise, I chang... See more...
Our Powerconnect 2848 isn't restoring certain settings after a reboot. I change the time and date in the web GUI, restart the switch, and the time/date reverts back to Jan 1 2000. Likewise, I change a VLAN subnet to /23 and when I restart the switch, it's back to /24. Other changes to the switch stick fine. Just not the time/date and this subnet change. It's almost like my "running config" isn't saving to my "saved config". What's the trick to get those setting changes to stick? Thanks!