Dell Dimension 's Posts

Dell Dimension 's Posts

okay so I found a fix for this I removed uvally benchmark from my steam short cuts and it fixed the problem thats really wierd
Okay so somthing wierds going on with my Alienware alpha nvidia control panel worked fine yesterday but today it just says a problem has occcured and the nvidia control panel closes out but games... See more...
Okay so somthing wierds going on with my Alienware alpha nvidia control panel worked fine yesterday but today it just says a problem has occcured and the nvidia control panel closes out but games and everything else runs fine is there a fix for this its version 8.0.800
Thats odd I'm haveing the exact same issue and I get the same beep like once every couple days when my system is idle I have the i7 model as well I have read on other fourms that this isn't a iso... See more...
Thats odd I'm haveing the exact same issue and I get the same beep like once every couple days when my system is idle I have the i7 model as well I have read on other fourms that this isn't a isolated issue aparently its the i7 model that does this.
I was able to repeat this problem with a samgsung evo 840 250GB and a Curcial M550 512GB SSD the same issue occured in both ssds on both the xps 210 and 9200c the both have the same bios so I assumed... See more...
I was able to repeat this problem with a samgsung evo 840 250GB and a Curcial M550 512GB SSD the same issue occured in both ssds on both the xps 210 and 9200c the both have the same bios so I assumed thats probably the issue both have the 2.4.0 bios update from dell.
I was able to repeat the ahci freeze on 1 9200c computer and 1 xps 210 it happens when you format windows 7 and install windows 8 with ahci mode enabled. It doesnt happen if you install windows 8 to ... See more...
I was able to repeat the ahci freeze on 1 9200c computer and 1 xps 210 it happens when you format windows 7 and install windows 8 with ahci mode enabled. It doesnt happen if you install windows 8 to a already blank ssd or upgrade your os.
First off I do not know why this happens but it does me and my bother both have this computer and I have found a fix for this it should work with xps 210 as well Okay so for people who will be wa... See more...
First off I do not know why this happens but it does me and my bother both have this computer and I have found a fix for this it should work with xps 210 as well Okay so for people who will be wanting to activate AHCI and do a clean install of windows 8 there is a glitch in the bios I found that if you format the SSD to remove your old os to install windows 8 for some reason the bios with freeze up at the AHCI screen and will become completely in accessable you will not be able to go to the boot menu or enter bios setup at all however this can be fixed. Unplug the power from your computer and remove you SSD then boot up the computer without the SSD installed. Hit f2 repeatedly until it says entering set up you will be able to go past the AHCI screen and enter the bios setup set your bios back to ata mode then power off your computer and reinstall your SSD. Turn your compter back on and boot from the device you are installing windows 8 from. When windows 8 asks you for custom or upgrade pick custom and it will show you the SSD and you will find that the SSD has data on it from the previous windows 8 installation attempt delete all the partitions that the previous windows 8 made untill you are left with just unallocated space. (DO NOT INSTALL WINDOWS 8 RIGHT AFTER THIS) After you have deleted the partitions restart your computer and press f2 to get into the bios and renable AHCI mode. Then install windows 8 normally and it should be fine.
I could be just the speed of your ssd I know samsung has optimization that occurs after you enable AHCI maybe check your ssd drivers setting samsung magician has several options for optimizing the ss... See more...
I could be just the speed of your ssd I know samsung has optimization that occurs after you enable AHCI maybe check your ssd drivers setting samsung magician has several options for optimizing the ssd I have mine set for reliabillity so my ssd last longer try modifing your settings a bit and resarting your computer then run the test again
Do you have AHCI mode enabled in the bios its what the ssd uses if you dont have it enabled it will run slower.
Hey saw your post and though I would make a comment I'm useing a Dell dimension 9200c with an intel Xeon x3230 quadcore cpu with 8GB of 800mhz dell recertifed ram now I know for a fact the the 9200 w... See more...
Hey saw your post and though I would make a comment I'm useing a Dell dimension 9200c with an intel Xeon x3230 quadcore cpu with 8GB of 800mhz dell recertifed ram now I know for a fact the the 9200 will support 8GB as well because my brothers dell dimension also has 8gbs of ram I though it was pretty funny you actually have the same card as me I have a HD 6450. but if you are interested in further upgrades to it feel free to ask me I can help. These are my rateings with the following specs Xeon x3230 8GB ddr2 800Mhz HD 6450 1GB Samsung 840 EVO 250GB