alfischer's Posts

alfischer's Posts

Was wao tching a YouTube. Sound OK. paused and came back later t contnue and ther wao sound from speakers however the headphones were fune. Ran the diags and no sound. Tried the diag in bios and no s... See more...
Was wao tching a YouTube. Sound OK. paused and came back later t contnue and ther wao sound from speakers however the headphones were fune. Ran the diags and no sound. Tried the diag in bios and no soud. Howe when running the config sound on the speakers get sound. Seems like software so I did a sys restore. No help. Tried toe reinstall the audio driver. FAILED. I am at a loss as what to do next. Any clues??
I recently ordered the restore media for my 7559. The system came with Windows 10. They sent me Windows 8.1  media. Need fhe Windows 10 media! Called support and gave up. He could/would understand me... See more...
I recently ordered the restore media for my 7559. The system came with Windows 10. They sent me Windows 8.1  media. Need fhe Windows 10 media! Called support and gave up. He could/would understand me and his accent was tltally non understandable. Not used to this problem with Dell support. Tried chat and the sesion got dopped. Tried another chat and when they transferred me it was dropped again. Now for some reason I cannot find the page where I originlly the media. I would appreciate either advice on how to procede or the link to the proper page to reorder.
Well,he's  the only grandson we will ever have. So he gets lucky.
Thank you! That is an interesting piece of technology. My Alienwaare M18 has a simple function key to change video adapters. This laptop is for my grandson who starts college this fall and I KNOW s... See more...
Thank you! That is an interesting piece of technology. My Alienwaare M18 has a simple function key to change video adapters. This laptop is for my grandson who starts college this fall and I KNOW some games will magically appear on it somehow! It would be helpfull if Dell could provide a manual for their systems that would explain what it has and how to manipulate it.
My 7559 has two display adapters.  Intel and Nvidia. How do I know which is in use? How can I select the one I want? 
Am I the only user with SSD MAGICIAN on a 7559?
Is anyone that has a 7559 using it without problems?
Got my new 7559 and immediately changed the SSD to an 840EVO 500 GB. Fantastic machine. My only poblem (except for learning Win 10) is when I try to use Samsun Magician (Ver 4.9.5) the panel is only ... See more...
Got my new 7559 and immediately changed the SSD to an 840EVO 500 GB. Fantastic machine. My only poblem (except for learning Win 10) is when I try to use Samsun Magician (Ver 4.9.5) the panel is only about 2x3 inches so I cannot read anything. Any ideas what could cause this?
Inasmuch as it appears that there is NO support for this type of problem, I will just RETURN the second defective by design system and order a good system from Lenovo. NO RESPONSE RESULTS IN NO CUS... See more...
Inasmuch as it appears that there is NO support for this type of problem, I will just RETURN the second defective by design system and order a good system from Lenovo. NO RESPONSE RESULTS IN NO CUSTOMER!!
Has ANYBODY tried to do a restore using DVDs? I find it hard to believe that there are two machines with the SAME problem due to a simple hardware failure. SOMEBODY, please respond!!
Received a new from Dell 17R. Arrived in less than 24 hrs. Amazing. The first thing I do with a new machine is create the factory restore discs and then replace the HD with a new and faster drive. ... See more...
Received a new from Dell 17R. Arrived in less than 24 hrs. Amazing. The first thing I do with a new machine is create the factory restore discs and then replace the HD with a new and faster drive. Then restore. That way I know the discs are good and I can restore when the HD fails. This time it did not recognize disc #2. Made new discs, cleaned the partitions off the spare drive and tried it again. Same problem. Did not recognize Disc #2. Put the spare drive in a 15R that I have and the restore went fine.  Tried again on the 17R and failed at Disc #2. Tried it with a USB attached drive and it restored fine, Bad drive. Dell overnighted a drive. Same thing. Only thing left is the motherboard. Dell sent a tech to replace the motherboard. Same problem. Restore fails. A supervisor at Dell Support decided to replace the machine. Overnighted it. I did the same thing and it fails the exact same way. Hangs at 38% and saying to insert disc #2.  Understand that I am VERY experienced (37 yrs field service with IBM). I have done thia process many times on a variety of machines. Anybody have an idea  what could cause this? I tried downflashing from Bios A07 to A06 and same result. In addition the Bluetooth loses the mouse quite frequently. Probably due to having an Inter N 7260 wireless.
The A07 BIOS had to be flashed back to A06. (to try to fix the DVD change prob). Fixed it in Windows but still never senses DVD #2 when trying to restore. The discs work on another machine. Changed ... See more...
The A07 BIOS had to be flashed back to A06. (to try to fix the DVD change prob). Fixed it in Windows but still never senses DVD #2 when trying to restore. The discs work on another machine. Changed the DVD drive. No help. Have a 15R and has been trouble free. (touch wood!) Interesting that the restore disks that Dell sent far better that what you can create. They work like a normal Windows DVD. You can do an upgrade install that leaves your programs loaded. MUCH BETTER!!!
Same way Lenovo, HP, Acer, and all others do. What I want to know is why INTEL has not been able to correct what appears to be a widespread problem. I really encourage all users that have the N7260 w... See more...
Same way Lenovo, HP, Acer, and all others do. What I want to know is why INTEL has not been able to correct what appears to be a widespread problem. I really encourage all users that have the N7260 wireless to Google on the rampant issues everyone is having. I am expecting a callback from Dell shortly on ANOTHER problem I have. It is not possible (on my machine to do a factory restore from the DVDs. Appears to be a mother board as they sent me a new DVD and the software to restore. Does not recognize when a DVD disc has been changes. Can restore from a USB stick. Not something that would be discovered in final test. That's why I do a FINAL test!
This is a problem with the Intel n 7260. Google on "Intel N 7260 problems".  They are working on it. Dell support is "working"  on it. Looks like there are multiple problems wit it and/or the drivers... See more...
This is a problem with the Intel n 7260. Google on "Intel N 7260 problems".  They are working on it. Dell support is "working"  on it. Looks like there are multiple problems wit it and/or the drivers and software. I have problems with Bluetooth on mine as well as some network connectivity issues. Considering returning my week old 17R.
I am having Bluetooth problems on my new (1 week old) Inspirion 17R. It is probably on other laptops. This is a common problem with the Intel N 7260 wireless. I have escalated this to DELL support ... See more...
I am having Bluetooth problems on my new (1 week old) Inspirion 17R. It is probably on other laptops. This is a common problem with the Intel N 7260 wireless. I have escalated this to DELL support and they are "aware of the problem" and "are working on it" Difficult to pair ANY BT Mouse. If and when it does pair It will quit working or just disappear. Google on "Intel N 7260 issues". You will fine that Intel is also working on it. All laptops seem to be having problems with it. Their newest driver did NOT help. The new Bluetooth software caused the device to be cme "unknown". Impossible then to install the original DELL software as a newer version is installed. Be careful and have a backup before trying to fix it with new drivers and software. You can end up reinstalling everything!
I am having Bluetooth problems on my new (1 week old) Inspirion 17R. This is a common problem with the Intel N 7260 wireless. I have escalated this to DELL support and they are "aware of the probl... See more...
I am having Bluetooth problems on my new (1 week old) Inspirion 17R. This is a common problem with the Intel N 7260 wireless. I have escalated this to DELL support and they are "aware of the problem" and "are working on it" Difficult to pair ANY BT Mouse. If and when it does pair It will quit working or just disappear. Google on "Intel N 7260 issues". You will fine that Intel is also working on it. All laptops seem to be having problems with it. Their newest driver did NOT help. The new Bluetooth software caused the device to be cme "unknown". Impossible then to install the original DELL software as a newer version is installed. Be careful and have a backup before trying to fix it with new drivers and software. You can end up reinstalling everything!
Well, I figured it out! The problem apparently has to do with the DVD drive being SATA and running in AHCI. SOLUTION: Create a WinPE cd off Paragon HDM. It works fine. Looks like there are som... See more...
Well, I figured it out! The problem apparently has to do with the DVD drive being SATA and running in AHCI. SOLUTION: Create a WinPE cd off Paragon HDM. It works fine. Looks like there are some drives that cannot boot some software when SATA attached.
I have a M18x-R2 running Win 7 Ultimate. C drive on a Samsung SSD Legacy boot. IRST running with an mSata (as supplied by Dell) All working fine. No problems whatever with Windows or any ap... See more...
I have a M18x-R2 running Win 7 Ultimate. C drive on a Samsung SSD Legacy boot. IRST running with an mSata (as supplied by Dell) All working fine. No problems whatever with Windows or any application. Paragon HDM 2012 Professional installed and works fine on  every other machine we own (Dell15r, IBM T61, Homebrew i7, Asus laptop with XP as well as others. When attempting to boot from the CD ONLY with my M18x R2  it will only cause Windows to reboot . (I hit F12 and selected the CD drive) The CD is Linux based and I am not  Linux knowledgeable. Any ideas? 
I question whether this is actually a Dell problem or not. This occurred after a major MS update. There have been numerous issues with the 'Tuesday' updates for the past year. Google i... See more...
I question whether this is actually a Dell problem or not. This occurred after a major MS update. There have been numerous issues with the 'Tuesday' updates for the past year. Google it!   This also affected my Inspiron 15R and it does not have any Alienware files. Both machines are now working fine after several days. I completely restored the entire image from BEFORE the update. On both machines I removed the update files and did all updates at once. Fixed. No after affects.   MS fixed the problem and ain't talkin while the flavor lasts!       I kind of agree. I don't even know if anything I did fixed my machine or if it fixed itself after installing some stray Microsoft updates. Not really sure. I'm using MSE and I am not excluding any alienware files now.There hasn't been a lot of talk from dell within this thread so I'm not sure what to think.  
I question whether this is actually a Dell problem or not. This occurred after a major MS update. There have been numerous issues with the 'Tuesday' updates for the past year. Google it! This a... See more...
I question whether this is actually a Dell problem or not. This occurred after a major MS update. There have been numerous issues with the 'Tuesday' updates for the past year. Google it! This also affected my Inspiron 15R and it does not have any Alienware files. Both machines are now working fine after several days. I completely restored the entire image from BEFORE the update. On both machines I removed the update files and did all updates at once. Fixed. No after affects. MS fixed the problem and ain't talkin while the flavor lasts!