rwhaley's Posts

rwhaley's Posts

I have a fresh PowerEdge R620, 8 bay chassis, no optical drive, with iDRAC7 Express edition. I've got the DRAC web interfaced configured and I can access it just fine. I have an Ubuntu .iso image s... See more...
I have a fresh PowerEdge R620, 8 bay chassis, no optical drive, with iDRAC7 Express edition. I've got the DRAC web interfaced configured and I can access it just fine. I have an Ubuntu .iso image sitting on another server accessible via HTTP I want to mount and install from. What's the method to do this using DRAC7 Express? Is this not possible? I see the "Remote File Sharing" configuration settings but they're not available in the Express edition. The help docs say I need an Enterprise license in order to use it. I assume that's the only way to mount an ISO over the network, which is unfortunate because our old R610's didn't require an extra license just to mount network ISO files. Let's assume I can't mount an ISO image as virtual media. What's the Dell-recommended method to do an OS install with just DRAC Express and no internal optical drive?