Porten's Posts

Porten's Posts

Yeah, it's true, I wasn't given a Windows CD.  It's too bad. I can try to call this number, I am living overseas though, so I wish I could find an e-mail contact, but I can't either. Here's hopin... See more...
Yeah, it's true, I wasn't given a Windows CD.  It's too bad. I can try to call this number, I am living overseas though, so I wish I could find an e-mail contact, but I can't either. Here's hoping the 1-800 number works for overseas. Thanks so much for the help guys, M.P.
Hi all, I just bought a Dell Inspiron 15R i7-4500U with windows 8.  It arrived in the mail a week ago, I installed Win 8 and then upgraded to Win8.1 from Microsoft.com.  Then I noticed Dell Back-... See more...
Hi all, I just bought a Dell Inspiron 15R i7-4500U with windows 8.  It arrived in the mail a week ago, I installed Win 8 and then upgraded to Win8.1 from Microsoft.com.  Then I noticed Dell Back-Up and Recovery ALERT telling me that my "protection index is at risk".  With a lot of help from a member of this forum we were able to find out that my PBR recovery partition is apparently damaged or was deleted.  Quite possibly due to my stupidity I may have deleted it and am willing to admit that......Doh!  So I don't think I can do a reset, can I? I need get information about a fresh Windows install?  Or is it possible for me to buy the actual dick from Microsoft?  So, I can do a reset.  Then I assume it would create a new recovery partition? Any help is greatly appreciated M.P.
I am running Windows 8.1.  I may have done this myself. Do I need to re-boot everything?
I have the same problem with my Dell Inspiron 15R.  It says that "Dell Back up and recovery has not been able to detect the recovery partition".  Please help, I don't know what to do...