hoomanp's Posts

hoomanp's Posts

Thanks you so much with all your help. It was very frustrating to chat and talk with the sales and support team but I have to say I am very pleased with your help in this forum.
Thanks again, my last question: " If you don't use disks certified for the PERC 6, then you may have several issues with them, but using third-party enterprise disks, you might be ok" What type... See more...
Thanks again, my last question: " If you don't use disks certified for the PERC 6, then you may have several issues with them, but using third-party enterprise disks, you might be ok" What types of issues I might run into, are they obvious issues from the start or unpredictable issues that might happen after a while because of incompatibility?
Thanks for the quick reply.  How can I be sure if a certain SSD is certified for PERC 6? Also, Does Dell have an installation service for this that can charge us and do this replacement for us? I... See more...
Thanks for the quick reply.  How can I be sure if a certain SSD is certified for PERC 6? Also, Does Dell have an installation service for this that can charge us and do this replacement for us? I am talking about the labor. Thanks
Hi, I want to upgrade HDD of my PowerEdge 1959 to SSD, I want to use an enterprise level SSD in my server. After talking and chatting with Dell support I got nowhere! Apparently they are not very... See more...
Hi, I want to upgrade HDD of my PowerEdge 1959 to SSD, I want to use an enterprise level SSD in my server. After talking and chatting with Dell support I got nowhere! Apparently they are not very familiar with this subject. I looked online and found out about Kingston SSDNow Enterprise SSD 400GB, how can I make sure its compatible with my server configuration, please keep in mind that I want to REPLACE the current drives with new SSD. Current config:  XX517 2 HARD DRIVE..., 450G, SERIAL ATTACHED SCSI..., DU, 15K, HITACHI..., VIP-B+