Robert Clemens's Posts

Robert Clemens's Posts

Trying to figure out why I'm seeing a lot of port 9300 connection attempts to 192.168.11.20 from the OpenManage Enterprise appliance. I don't have a 192.168.11.20 subnet/host/route. The firewall drop... See more...
Trying to figure out why I'm seeing a lot of port 9300 connection attempts to 192.168.11.20 from the OpenManage Enterprise appliance. I don't have a 192.168.11.20 subnet/host/route. The firewall drops it but I see this quite often with numerous session attempts. I can't find any reference to 192.168.11.20 in the UI. Any ideas?
Daniel, Thanks for the reply. It is a Dell SecureWorks IPS, the IPS is just inline of any data and the interfaces aren't configured for anything. I haven't followed up with them to see if it is ... See more...
Daniel, Thanks for the reply. It is a Dell SecureWorks IPS, the IPS is just inline of any data and the interfaces aren't configured for anything. I haven't followed up with them to see if it is configurable on each interface. The two ISP are used for both redundancy and different connectivity groups. The IPS is sitting between the uplink devices and the external ports of the firewall devices. It is checking traffic on the external zone before it even hits our firewalls. The traffic is the same on both sides just "sanitized". So if your public IP is 1.1.1.10/30, then that subnet is passed through the IPS to the "sanitized" side. The configuration posted works and has for some time. Every so often I have had an issue with one ISP getting ARP information from the wrong devices and we had some "flapping" of a connection. Maybe it would be easier to see if the IPS could have another couple of NICs to have inline of another similar setup so they could all be vlan'd independently. If they can watch two inline paths on a device that may be the easiest solution.
Right now I have a configuration that works but I'm getting a couple of ARP issues between external devices so I'm looking to further segregate. I have a switch N2000 to be precise, that I have all o... See more...
Right now I have a configuration that works but I'm getting a couple of ARP issues between external devices so I'm looking to further segregate. I have a switch N2000 to be precise, that I have all of my public devices on. I have an IPS that I run all external traffic through. One side of the switch is set as the "unsanitized" public traffic directly from the ISP, the other side is the "sanitized" public traffic after it goes through the IPS. Right now I have two vlans that do this, but I have two ISPs and a single IPS physical port for in and out. Current setup (only showing relevant info): vlan 2000,3000 vlan 2000 name "UNSANITIZED INTERNET" exit vlan 3000 name "SANITIZED INTERNET" exit interface Gi1/0/1 description "ISP NUMBER 1" spanning-tree portfast switchport access vlan 2000 exit ! interface Gi1/0/2 description "ISP NUMBER 2" spanning-tree portfast switchport access vlan 2000 exit interface Gi1/0/5 description "EXTERNAL FACING PORT OF IPS" spanning-tree disable switchport access vlan 2000 exit ! interface Gi1/0/6 dscription "INTERNAL FACING PORT OF IPS" spanning-tree disable switchport access vlan 3000 exit interface Gi1/0/15 description "FIREWALL OUTSIDE INTERFACE" spanning-tree portfast switchport access vlan 3000 exit ! interface Gi1/0/16 description "ANOTHER FIREWALL OUTSIDE INTERFACE" spanning-tree portfast switchport access vlan 3000 exit ! interface Gi1/0/17 description "ANOTHER FIREWALL OUTSIDE INTERFACE" spanning-tree portfast switchport access vlan 3000 exit I'd like to introduce vlan 1000 for interface Gi1/0/1 so that it is isolated from the other ISP devices. Right now both sides of the IPS are in access mode (2000 for the "external" side and 3000 for the "internal" side) and the traffic is untagged on all ports. I was trying to think of a way to pass both vlans 1000,2000 through the external interface of the IPS and out back onto the 3000 vlan.  I'm having a block if I could somehow use general mode and untagged vlans to traverse the IPS together but have the external modems or fiber ONT devices from being able to potentially see hardware MAC addresses from the other ISP. Below is a very crude diagram of the setup. Traffic ingresses and egresses through the IPS bidirectionally but the end result is that the IPS has seen the traffic before it leaves the network to the Internet or before it enters the outside interface of our firewalls. Hopefully that makes sense and thanks for any ideas.
Can't get dhcp relay to work. I moved dhcp relay to a firewall device to test on a subnet and it works beautifully. I ended up setting up a dhcp server on the voip subnet. No idea why I can't get... See more...
Can't get dhcp relay to work. I moved dhcp relay to a firewall device to test on a subnet and it works beautifully. I ended up setting up a dhcp server on the voip subnet. No idea why I can't get this switch to helper the dhcp reliably. Again, dhcp packets sometimes are sent so it's not a "it's completely broken" setup. Debugging log level provided no information.
Thanks for the info. I'll give it a whirl and see if it helps. Worst case scenario is I use the SSD's in workstations and I'm out nothing but the effort. 
Trying to redesign my server to maximize database performance. I've not used cachecade before and thought I'd give it a whirl in my server to see if it helps database performance. It's hard to get a ... See more...
Trying to redesign my server to maximize database performance. I've not used cachecade before and thought I'd give it a whirl in my server to see if it helps database performance. It's hard to get a good read on the H710P cachecade information and most information Dell puts out is pretty high level overview. I've read that cachecade 2.0 is not available on the H710P but the Dell posting talking about this was very old -- is this still true and only cachecade 1.1 is supported as a read-only cache? I had a hard time pinning down up-to-date information on supported SSD drives for use with cachecade. I ended up buying a couple Samsung 850 PRO 128GB drives as I did read a few posts saying these worked well although the information was not directly from Dell. Since this is read-only cachecade I assume these ought to last long enough to make it worth it. Replacing these wouldn't be an issue if they wear. Not sure what kind of life to expect on these but presumably it would be decent enough. SLC would only be a reasonable option if MLC drives fail quickly. The last unknown is how cachecade is applied to virtual devices. Is a cachecaid array global for the entire pool of virtual disks or do you have to associate it with a virtual disk? I specifically want to utilize this for my database server (Sybase ASE 15.7). Right now my Sybase guest is on an 8 disk 15K SAS 300GB RAID10 array. Performance is okay but I'd like to speed it up as the data is critical for accessibility within a reasonable access time.  The good news is I have a test server that I get to test all of this on but not being familiar with cachecade and the best way to get performance I thought I'd ask. Currently I have 2 arrays (no cachecade). RAID5 DATASTORE1 = 8x 300GB 10K SAS drives in RAID5 for ESXi host and vmware guests. RAID10 DATASTORE2 = 8x 300GB 15K SAS drives in RAID10 for Sybase ASE (RHEL6) guest. Here is what I'm thinking about doing (any advice is appreciated):
I had already tried dhcp l2relay but as this is processing in layer3 that won't help and didn't help when I tried it. This is the only other vlan that does dhcp assignment. Also remember that it is a... See more...
I had already tried dhcp l2relay but as this is processing in layer3 that won't help and didn't help when I tried it. This is the only other vlan that does dhcp assignment. Also remember that it is actually working, just not consistently. I can create a new dhcp pool/vlan and see if the same result occurs.
So your 5548 and 3524 are layer 2 devices and can't do inter-vlan routing so the routing must occur on your layer3 device N4032F. Make sure you have ip routing enabled on the N4032F. "ip routing" f... See more...
So your 5548 and 3524 are layer 2 devices and can't do inter-vlan routing so the routing must occur on your layer3 device N4032F. Make sure you have ip routing enabled on the N4032F. "ip routing" from the config prompt. Your vlan interfaces should have ip addresses associated with them. ip routing interface vlan 11 ip address 192.168.70.1 255.255.255.0 exit interface vlan 12 ip address 192.168.50.1 255.255.255.0 exit The ports must be in the proper vlan mode in order to send all appropriate vlans. The ports that connect from the N4032F to the 5548 and 3524 should be trunk ports. (Your interface will be different) interface Gi1/0/24 switchport mode trunk switchport trunk native vlan 11 switchport trunk allowed vlan 11-12 exit The ports with your devices should be either access mode for a single vlan or in general mode if that port is carrying multiple vlans. interface ethernet gi1/0/6 switchport mode access switchport access vlan 11 exit It would help to see your configs. I'm just throwing out the basics at this point.
I have a Dell N3048 running 6.2.1.6 (latest at time of post). I have multiple vlans and one dhcp server on one of those vlans. I utilize the ip helper-address x.x.x.x dhcp on a vlan that needs dhcp r... See more...
I have a Dell N3048 running 6.2.1.6 (latest at time of post). I have multiple vlans and one dhcp server on one of those vlans. I utilize the ip helper-address x.x.x.x dhcp on a vlan that needs dhcp relay and this works..... kind of. Switch is in layer 3 routing mode. interface vlan 5 ip address 10.1.5.1 255.255.255.0 ip helper-address 10.1.2.12 dhcp 10.1.2.12 is my dhcp server on vlan 2. It is reachable (routable) from vlan 5 and connections between each is fine. As I said some dhcp packets get through while most do not. I'm trying to think of any misc questions that one would ask to avoid "chasing the rabbit". There are no firewalls in between the networks. Both servers that I tested are connected directly to the N3048. All devices using ip helper dhcp experience the same issue so it is not a particular machine. The only device in common of the issue is the Dell N3048. Issue did not persist on old powerconnect switch. I do have layer2 switches below the N3048 and issue persists on them. Again this only started when I replaced my old dell powerconnect switch with the N3048. Remember that this issue is intermittent and almost certainly has to exclusively involve the N3048. Most of my dhcp packets are never sent to the server but every now and again some are. I put wireshark on my dhcp server to see what it is seeing and used a dhcp test software to simulate dhcp requests. I can't find any log (even enabled debugging level) that gives any issue. I've always done dhcp relay on many different switches so I'm familiar with the setup.  I've tried hammering the dhcp server with dhcp tests and from the same subnet it is blazing fast and replies every time. I don't see any local dhcp logs showing anything. And again wireshark doesn't even register incoming dhcp packets as I would suspect because the vlan5 computer is not receiving an offer when the dhcp server sees nothing but is getting an offer when the dhcp server sees a discover packet every time. Any ideas? Config dump. (Don't mind the version, this dump is accurate but from the previous firmware) !Current Configuration: !System Description "Dell Networking N3048, 6.2.0.5, Linux 3.6.5-1289203e" !System Software Version 6.2.0.5 ! configure vlan 2-5,7-8 exit vlan 2 name "MAIN_DATA" exit vlan 3 name "PUBLIC_WIFI" exit vlan 4 name "XXXXXXXXXXXXXX" exit vlan 5 name "VOIP" exit vlan 7 name "DMZ_SERVERS" exit vlan 8 name "DMZ_VPN" exit slot 1/0 3 ! Dell Networking N3048 sntp unicast client enable sntp server 10.1.2.12 sntp server 10.1.2.8 priority 2 clock summer-time recurring USA clock timezone -6 minutes 0 zone "CDT" stack member 1 4 ! N3048 exit interface out-of-band ip address 10.1.10.2 255.255.255.0 10.1.10.3 exit ip domain-name "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX" ip name-server "10.1.2.12" ip name-server "10.1.2.8" logging console debugging logging cli-command logging web-session logging file warnings logging email logging email from-addr XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX logging email message-type urgent to-addr XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX logging email message-type non-urgent to-addr XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX mail-server "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX" security none username XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX password XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX exit ip access-list TESTACL exit ip routing interface vlan 2 ip address 10.1.2.2 255.255.255.0 exit interface vlan 5 ip address 10.1.5.1 255.255.255.0 ip helper-address 10.1.2.12 dhcp exit ip route list here.. REMOVED username "admin" password XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX privilege 15 encrypted monitor session 1 destination interface Gi1/0/36 monitor session 1 source interface Gi1/0/35 monitor session 1 mode ip ssh server ip ssh protocol 2 spanning-tree priority 0 ! interface Gi1/0/1 switchport access vlan 5 exit ! interface Gi1/0/2 switchport access vlan 5 exit ! interface Gi1/0/3 switchport mode general switchport general pvid 2 switchport general allowed vlan add 2 switchport general allowed vlan add 3-5,7-8 tagged exit ! interface Gi1/0/4 switchport mode general switchport general pvid 2 switchport general allowed vlan add 2 switchport general allowed vlan add 3-5,7-8 tagged exit ! interface Gi1/0/5 switchport mode general switchport general pvid 2 switchport general allowed vlan add 2 switchport general allowed vlan add 3-5,7-8 tagged exit ! interface Gi1/0/6 switchport mode general switchport general pvid 2 switchport general allowed vlan add 2 switchport general allowed vlan add 3-5,7-8 tagged exit ! interface Gi1/0/7 switchport mode general switchport general pvid 2 switchport general allowed vlan add 2 switchport general allowed vlan add 3-5,7-8 tagged exit ! interface Gi1/0/8 switchport mode general switchport general pvid 2 switchport general allowed vlan add 2 switchport general allowed vlan add 3-5,7-8 tagged exit ! interface Gi1/0/9 switchport mode general switchport general pvid 2 switchport general allowed vlan add 2 switchport general allowed vlan add 3-5,7-8 tagged exit ! interface Gi1/0/10 switchport mode general switchport general pvid 2 switchport general allowed vlan add 2 switchport general allowed vlan add 3-5,7-8 tagged exit ! interface Gi1/0/11 switchport mode general switchport general pvid 2 switchport general allowed vlan add 2 switchport general allowed vlan add 3-5,7-8 tagged exit ! interface Gi1/0/12 switchport mode general switchport general pvid 2 switchport general allowed vlan add 2 switchport general allowed vlan add 3-5,7-8 tagged exit ! interface Gi1/0/13 channel-group 1 mode on switchport mode general switchport general pvid 2 switchport general allowed vlan add 2 switchport general allowed vlan add 3-5,7-8 tagged exit ! interface Gi1/0/14 channel-group 1 mode on switchport mode general switchport general pvid 2 switchport general allowed vlan add 2 switchport general allowed vlan add 3-5,7-8 tagged exit ! interface Gi1/0/15 channel-group 2 mode on switchport mode general switchport general pvid 2 switchport general allowed vlan add 2 switchport general allowed vlan add 3-5,7-8 tagged exit ! interface Gi1/0/16 channel-group 2 mode on switchport mode general switchport general pvid 2 switchport general allowed vlan add 2 switchport general allowed vlan add 3-5,7-8 tagged exit ! interface Gi1/0/17 switchport mode general switchport general pvid 2 switchport general allowed vlan add 2 switchport general allowed vlan add 3-5,7-8 tagged exit ! interface Gi1/0/18 switchport mode general switchport general pvid 2 switchport general allowed vlan add 2 switchport general allowed vlan add 3-5,7-8 tagged exit ! interface Gi1/0/19 switchport mode general switchport general pvid 2 switchport general allowed vlan add 2 switchport general allowed vlan add 3-5,7-8 tagged exit ! interface Gi1/0/20 switchport mode general switchport general pvid 2 switchport general allowed vlan add 2 switchport general allowed vlan add 3-5,7-8 tagged exit ! interface Gi1/0/21 switchport mode general switchport general pvid 2 switchport general allowed vlan add 2 switchport general allowed vlan add 3-5,7-8 tagged exit ! interface Gi1/0/22 switchport mode general switchport general pvid 2 switchport general allowed vlan add 2 switchport general allowed vlan add 3-5,7-8 tagged exit ! interface Gi1/0/23 switchport mode general switchport general pvid 2 switchport general allowed vlan add 2 switchport general allowed vlan add 3-5,7-8 tagged exit ! interface Gi1/0/24 switchport mode general switchport general pvid 2 switchport general allowed vlan add 2 switchport general allowed vlan add 3-5,7-8 tagged exit ! interface Gi1/0/25 switchport mode general switchport general pvid 2 switchport general allowed vlan add 2 switchport general allowed vlan add 3-5,7-8 tagged exit ! interface Gi1/0/26 switchport mode general switchport general pvid 2 switchport general allowed vlan add 2 switchport general allowed vlan add 3-5,7-8 tagged exit ! interface Gi1/0/27 switchport mode general switchport general pvid 2 switchport general allowed vlan add 2 switchport general allowed vlan add 3-5,7-8 tagged exit ! interface Gi1/0/28 switchport mode general switchport general pvid 2 switchport general allowed vlan add 2 switchport general allowed vlan add 3-5,7-8 tagged exit ! interface Gi1/0/29 switchport mode general switchport general pvid 2 switchport general allowed vlan add 2 switchport general allowed vlan add 3-5,7-8 tagged exit ! interface Gi1/0/30 switchport mode general switchport general pvid 2 switchport general allowed vlan add 2 switchport general allowed vlan add 3-5,7-8 tagged exit ! interface Gi1/0/31 switchport mode general switchport general pvid 2 switchport general allowed vlan add 2 switchport general allowed vlan add 3-5,7-8 tagged exit ! interface Gi1/0/32 switchport mode general switchport general pvid 2 switchport general allowed vlan add 2 switchport general allowed vlan add 3-5,7-8 tagged exit ! interface Gi1/0/33 switchport mode general switchport general pvid 2 switchport general allowed vlan add 2 switchport general allowed vlan add 3-5,7-8 tagged exit ! interface Gi1/0/34 switchport mode general switchport general pvid 2 switchport general allowed vlan add 2 switchport general allowed vlan add 3-5,7-8 tagged exit ! interface Gi1/0/35 switchport mode general switchport general pvid 2 switchport general allowed vlan add 2 switchport general allowed vlan add 3-5,7-8 tagged exit ! interface Gi1/0/36 switchport mode general switchport general pvid 2 switchport general allowed vlan add 2 switchport general allowed vlan add 3-5,7-8 tagged exit ! interface Gi1/0/37 switchport mode general switchport general pvid 2 switchport general allowed vlan add 2 switchport general allowed vlan add 3-5,7-8 tagged exit ! interface Gi1/0/38 switchport mode general switchport general pvid 2 switchport general allowed vlan add 2 switchport general allowed vlan add 3-5,7-8 tagged exit ! interface Gi1/0/39 switchport mode general switchport general pvid 2 switchport general allowed vlan add 2 switchport general allowed vlan add 3-5,7-8 tagged exit ! interface Gi1/0/40 switchport mode general switchport general pvid 2 switchport general allowed vlan add 2 switchport general allowed vlan add 3-5,7-8 tagged exit ! interface Gi1/0/41 switchport mode general switchport general pvid 2 switchport general allowed vlan add 2 switchport general allowed vlan add 3-5,7-8 tagged exit ! interface Gi1/0/42 switchport mode general switchport general pvid 2 switchport general allowed vlan add 2 switchport general allowed vlan add 3-5,7-8 tagged exit ! interface Gi1/0/43 speed 100 switchport access vlan 2 exit ! interface Gi1/0/44 switchport access vlan 8 exit ! interface Gi1/0/45 spanning-tree guard root switchport mode trunk switchport trunk native vlan 2 switchport trunk allowed vlan 2-5 exit ! interface Gi1/0/46 spanning-tree guard root switchport mode trunk switchport trunk native vlan 2 switchport trunk allowed vlan 2-5 exit ! interface Gi1/0/47 spanning-tree guard root switchport mode trunk switchport trunk native vlan 2 switchport trunk allowed vlan 2-5 exit ! interface Gi1/0/48 switchport mode trunk switchport trunk native vlan 2 switchport trunk allowed vlan 2,5 exit ! interface port-channel 1 description "ESX1" switchport mode general switchport general pvid 2 switchport general allowed vlan add 2 switchport general allowed vlan add 3-5,7-8 tagged exit ! interface port-channel 2 description "ESX2" switchport mode general switchport general pvid 2 switchport general allowed vlan add 2 switchport general allowed vlan add 3-5,7-8 tagged exit ! interface port-channel 128 switchport mode general switchport general pvid 2 switchport general allowed vlan add 2 exit snmp-server engineid local XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX enable password XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX encrypted line telnet no exec-banner no login-banner no motd-banner exit exit
Second PSU just for redundancy, no POE. The system health shows everything as great. I can't find any issues or cause but it definitely crashed into a powered-down state. Total CPU Utilization 5 Se... See more...
Second PSU just for redundancy, no POE. The system health shows everything as great. I can't find any issues or cause but it definitely crashed into a powered-down state. Total CPU Utilization 5 Secs ( 18.4377%) 60 Secs ( 12.2220%) 300 Secs ( 11.2987%)
Forgot to mention that the tech had to remove power from the device and plugged it back in. The device came back up and everything is working properly. But now I'm afraid I'm going to have random non... See more...
Forgot to mention that the tech had to remove power from the device and plugged it back in. The device came back up and everything is working properly. But now I'm afraid I'm going to have random non-recoverable failures in the future.
Have a fairly new Dell N3048 switch on our network. Had it for several months in production working just fine. Yesterday the thing randomly died with no external anomalies known. The device was power... See more...
Have a fairly new Dell N3048 switch on our network. Had it for several months in production working just fine. Yesterday the thing randomly died with no external anomalies known. The device was powered off. We have two PSU's in the unit. A tech that investigated said one was on blowing warm air and the other was off. He found that odd as the room is quite chilled and the unit is always cool to the touch and blowing out cold air from the device. The switch is plugged into two separate backups systems. Any ideas? Running 6.2.0.5 Logs pulled from the device (starts at bottom. sorry for the ordering) Info May 28 19:09:25 CLI_WEB Configuration file <startup-config> read from flash! Info May 28 19:09:24 CLI_WEB Configuration file <startup-config> read from flash! Notice May 28 19:09:23 IP Added RPPI routing policy client ospf:0. Notice May 28 19:09:23 TRAPMGR Unit 1 is the new stack master, Old stack master unit is 0 Info May 28 19:08:58 General Application Started (traceroute-0, ID = 12, PID = 1447 Notice May 28 19:08:58 General Administrative Command:app-start traceroute-0 Info May 28 19:08:57 General Application Started (ping-0, ID = 11, PID = 1436 Notice May 28 19:08:57 General Administrative Command:app-start ping-0 Info May 28 19:08:56 General Application Started (ospf-00, ID = 10, PID = 1364 Notice May 28 19:08:56 General Administrative Command:app-start ospf-00 0 Info May 28 19:08:56 General Application Started (vr-agent-0, ID = 9, PID = 1352 Notice May 28 19:08:56 General Administrative Command:app-start vr-agent-0 Info May 28 19:08:55 VR_AGENT initialized the clnt addr:/tmp/fpcvragent.00,family:1 Info May 28 19:08:55 UNITMGR StatusInit: init done Alert May 28 19:08:54 SIM Switch was reset due to software initiated exit. Critical May 28 19:08:54 General Event(0xaaaaaaaa) Notice May 28 19:08:54 BSP BSP initialization complete, starting switch firmware. Info May 28 19:08:53 DRIVER Configuring CPUTRANS RX Info May 28 19:08:53 DRIVER Configuring CPUTRANS TX Info May 28 19:08:53 DRIVER Adding BCM transport pointers Notice May 28 19:08:48 General Booting with default SDM template Data Center - IPv4 and IPv6. Info May 28 19:08:47 General Application Terminated (user.start, ID = 7, PID = 1142 Alert May 28 19:08:47 General Error 0 (0x0)
http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/driverdetails?driverid=7W1YW Windows 2008 R2 64 Bit Driver for VRTX controllers My controller is Perc  H710 but not VRTX. Update will not apply to t... See more...
http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/driverdetails?driverid=7W1YW Windows 2008 R2 64 Bit Driver for VRTX controllers My controller is Perc  H710 but not VRTX. Update will not apply to this model.
And during that time I've had other catalog issues arise such as a VRTX update appearing on my R420 servers (SAS RAID)......
This is 100% on Dell. Even if there are issues with Broadcom, they are not the ones pushing updates to the catalog which in turn is alerting Dell Software to know that an update is available. If th... See more...
This is 100% on Dell. Even if there are issues with Broadcom, they are not the ones pushing updates to the catalog which in turn is alerting Dell Software to know that an update is available. If the Broadcom drivers had issues in the first place, not cataloging the update would keep Dell systems out of the know and thus no problem. No way, no how, will this ever be assigned to Broadcom as their issue.
It appears the catalog has been updated. I updated my local OME 1.2.1 catalog and no change has been noticed on my end with the Broadcom driver compliance.  I also deleted any local installer files... See more...
It appears the catalog has been updated. I updated my local OME 1.2.1 catalog and no change has been noticed on my end with the Broadcom driver compliance.  I also deleted any local installer files on my OME server and tried to refresh compliance view by enabling downgrades and then disabling downgrades. Anyone else have a different result? Any more news from the catalog team on this issue?
Hopefully the catalog updates will help. I also have a R720 that is not showing all of the updates that the server requires. It only shows BIOS and NIC firmware, yet I know it has a few other firmw... See more...
Hopefully the catalog updates will help. I also have a R720 that is not showing all of the updates that the server requires. It only shows BIOS and NIC firmware, yet I know it has a few other firmware updates that are needed as well. This R720 is running RHEL6 with OMSA and inventory collector running. A different R720 server that runs ESXi 5.5 and OMSA 7.3.0.2 was tested through OpenManage Integration 2.0 and all available (and accurate) updates were listed for that server. Both products (OME and OpenManage Integration) should be using the same catalog information, correct? So my assumption was that OME is lacking more than just catalog functionality. Or am I way off base? OpenManage Integration so far has been pretty neat for my virtualization servers. I'm just a bit puzzled on the OME solution as I have tried it several times in the past years to no avail -- I'm not convinced it has progressed far enough to be a real server update compliance system? On the plus side, it does give a great view of server information in one location. I guess my question is: does anyone that actively uses OME use it exclusively (with accurate results) to monitor their server hardware update compliance? Do you still need to manually manage the servers outside of OME? I'm having to use idrac updating more often than I thought I would when I rolled OME out. Thanks!
I'm having an issue with OME 1.2.1 and a couple select updates. The main culprit is a NIC update for the Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet #2 and Broadcom NetXtreme I and NetXtreme II Driver Family... See more...
I'm having an issue with OME 1.2.1 and a couple select updates. The main culprit is a NIC update for the Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet #2 and Broadcom NetXtreme I and NetXtreme II Driver Family (CYKKJ) . My systems show non-compliant, yet I have tried every which way to determine compliance via OME and manually on each system. These servers are 64bit (Windows 2008 R2) and note has been taken that 64bit DUPs are not supported. I'm also having issues with a PowerEdge 2800 and the Intel(R) Pro/1000 MT Network Connection Driver -- I have 8.4.21.0 installed and 9.2.24.1 (NIC_DRVR_WIN_R120343.EXE) shows as available but does not change compliance. I am curious what I am missing to show these hosts as compliant or to resolve compliance manually -- any ideas? Hopefully my picture is legible after posting.