scadden2's Posts

scadden2's Posts

I have the same Alienware, sadly no drivers or work around will work, it is a pretty basic machine that does not meet expectations. I fought with this for months, so what I did was upgrade my gra... See more...
I have the same Alienware, sadly no drivers or work around will work, it is a pretty basic machine that does not meet expectations. I fought with this for months, so what I did was upgrade my graphics card to an ati 6990, and only now things are running they way they are. problem is I had to get the card on ebay as it is a fraction of the cost that Dell will sell them at. dell price for upgrade 600 pounds, ebay price 120 pounds that is the truth M17x r3 is not the best it is below average and I wish I had bought something else.
never-mind I managed to get hole of alien ware technical and they gave me some sound advice, managed to source the 6990m :)
and where are the results located?
HI just got back form a conference soz for the long wait. just rean the eSPA and everything passsed no errors
Hi Chris I know it has been awhile but I finally saved some money for an upgrade, I spoke to the sales department to order an new card but they could not help me, I would prefer to get the new ... See more...
Hi Chris I know it has been awhile but I finally saved some money for an upgrade, I spoke to the sales department to order an new card but they could not help me, I would prefer to get the new card from Dell over amazon or eBay, is there any one at Dell who might know who I should speak/contact about this? regards
HI Thanks for the reply will run the ePSA diagnostic when I get the time thank you for the link, things just got real in the office, have not slept in three days
I have just done a complete system restore- to factory settings- As I mentioned the intel card is not detected by bios.  The O.S.D used to work perfectly with FN+F7 but now (even with the updat... See more...
I have just done a complete system restore- to factory settings- As I mentioned the intel card is not detected by bios.  The O.S.D used to work perfectly with FN+F7 but now (even with the update) does nothing, even after a factory reset no intel device is detected which confirms to me that the hardware might be missing from the system. thanks for the link & reply , but still nothing
HI A few months ago I had to have my mother board and graphics card replaced on my Alienware Mx 17 r3. Then recently I had to take my computer to work and use it on battery mode for the fir... See more...
HI A few months ago I had to have my mother board and graphics card replaced on my Alienware Mx 17 r3. Then recently I had to take my computer to work and use it on battery mode for the first time since the replacement parts where installed, that was when I noticed that I could not switch between the Intel card and the AMD. I looked in device manager to see that the Intel card is not listed or detected.  I followed a fourm on how to access the intel card in bios only to discover that the bios does not detect the Intel card either. instead I have a "discreet amd card" and also unable to enable switchable graphics. but the intel extreme graphics icon is still in the system try and seems to be effecting some other programs, I tried to install the Intel drivers but nothing happened. I have updated the bios as instructed, and nothing happened no intel card detected. I have a feeling the technician might have forgotten to transfer the Intel chip from the old mother board to the new one, but I have no idea how to check as my laptop is still under warranty and opening her up might void that. Is there any other way to check? thankx
I have been looking around the internet, two more AMD cards came up, the amd 7970m and the 8970m, would these be compatible with Alienware Mx17 r3? can I order any of these cards through dell... See more...
I have been looking around the internet, two more AMD cards came up, the amd 7970m and the 8970m, would these be compatible with Alienware Mx17 r3? can I order any of these cards through dell? I assume I would have to contact the spare parts department and give in the Kit part No.
Hi All I decided I need an upgrade my AMD Ati card for my Alienware M17x R3 I have no idea what would be a better/compatible card, would it also have to be an ATI/AMD? Thanks