sansun's Posts

sansun's Posts

found this thread after some more search helped to sole my issue https://www.dell.com/community/PowerEdge-Hardware-General/boot-PowerEdge-2950-from-USB-drive/td-p/4498869
I have an older Dell Power Edge 2950 - II which is running Windows Server 2008 R2, I need to upgrade the OS to Windows Server 2016 Standard. However when I check the bios (ver 2.7) has not option to ... See more...
I have an older Dell Power Edge 2950 - II which is running Windows Server 2008 R2, I need to upgrade the OS to Windows Server 2016 Standard. However when I check the bios (ver 2.7) has not option to select the Boot Sequence to start from a USB,  I have only two options available to boot from SATA CD-ROM (which is a Dvd) and Hard Driver C:    
Flash1932 you may be right and I also noticed that its only recognize and boot from the USB Flash drive created with the Dell's USBKeyPrepF6 tool. Upgrading the BIOS went smooth from 2.5 to 2.6.1 a... See more...
Flash1932 you may be right and I also noticed that its only recognize and boot from the USB Flash drive created with the Dell's USBKeyPrepF6 tool. Upgrading the BIOS went smooth from 2.5 to 2.6.1 and then to 2.7.0 without any glitch. Thought I have not noticed any obvious difference before and after the BIOS flash except the version#. What other firmware/driver upgrade I have to do to prepare this for a 2008R2 install?
It is clearly printed on the fascia of the tray that it is DVD rom . Following are the settings Inside the BIOS setup (F2) : Boot Sequence ....................[shows only 3 options] 1.SATA CD-RO... See more...
It is clearly printed on the fascia of the tray that it is DVD rom . Following are the settings Inside the BIOS setup (F2) : Boot Sequence ....................[shows only 3 options] 1.SATA CD-ROM device Port B, 2.Hard Drive C:, 3.Embedded NIC 1MBA v4.4.4 slot 0500. Integrated Devices: User Accessible USB Ports ..... All Ports On Internal USB Port ..........On Embedded GB NIC1 ....... Enabled with PXE Any way to exchange the Embedded GB NIC1 boot option for USB Port ? Appreciate any help..
Hello Dell Gurus and Masters can you please help me to install Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise x64 on Dell Power Edge 2950 III (Black Face Plate not the gray as it is depicted some where  on this forum)? ... See more...
Hello Dell Gurus and Masters can you please help me to install Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise x64 on Dell Power Edge 2950 III (Black Face Plate not the gray as it is depicted some where  on this forum)? I have Windows2003 R2 Enterprise server running on this machine. I already moved the app out of this server so no worries of loosing data. Current Configuration: BIOS Version 2.5.0 Exp. RAID Controller 2 LSI Logic PERC 5/i Integrated FW Package 5.2.1-0067 Dell Open Manager Assist 8.10 BroadCom NetXtreme II Ethernet Boot Agent 4.44 Issue: We cannot boot the machine from the USB Thumb Drive or from the DVD with 2008 ISO image. I can only boot from the original 2003 Server R2 Enterprise Edition DVD or the DELL Installer Server Management V 5.2.0 A0 CD.  I suspect the BIOS is outdated. Is that correct? Appreciate if you can provide me detail steps if I need to update BIOS or other Controller Drivers on this to recognize the new 2008 drivers etc. Thank you Sansun S.
Hello I am new to this forum. I recently got a Dell PowerEdge III 2950 server that is not booting from bootable USB or CD/DVD Rom drives. The boot sequence says that 1. SATA CD-ROM device Port B, 2. ... See more...
Hello I am new to this forum. I recently got a Dell PowerEdge III 2950 server that is not booting from bootable USB or CD/DVD Rom drives. The boot sequence says that 1. SATA CD-ROM device Port B, 2. Embedded NIC 1 MBA v4.4.4 Slot 0500 and 3. Hard Drive C: Option 1 and 3 are check marked. The system BIOS is version 2.5.0. My questions are 1) Should I upgrade the BIOS ? 2) If so to what version I should upgrade to? 3) What else I can do to get the USB Port bootable ?  Currently its running Windows 2003 R2. Thank you Sansun S.