alex_1984's Posts

alex_1984's Posts

We are still getting this message deploying different models of Dell laptops - E7250, E7450 and E5450 *I imagine more to come!* 'Windows could not configure one or more system components. To instal... See more...
We are still getting this message deploying different models of Dell laptops - E7250, E7450 and E5450 *I imagine more to come!* 'Windows could not configure one or more system components. To install windows, restart the computer and then restart the installation' *restart* 'The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error.  Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click "OK" to restart the computer, and then restart the installation'  - *loop* We are using the Kernel mode driver framework 1.11 UMDF 1.11 not required I take it as we are using Windows 7 x64 "UMDF driver packages that are built by using Windows Driver Kit for Windows 8 can automatically redistribute and install version 1.11 of the files" I do not think support.microsoft.com/.../2837108 has anything to do with it unless the Windows 7 CABs also contain Windows 8 drivers - We are using Windows 7 x64 E.g. We are using this one for the E5450 - en.community.dell.com/.../7594.latitude-e54505450-windows-7-driver-pack Over a month ago we downloaded individial drivers for the E7450 and tested one by one, then created packages and advertisements for dirty drivers (Wifi & ControlVault)  After 2 weeks we had a build for our E7450s.  The E7250 also builds from these drivers we built Has anyone else managed to build one of these models using the standard Dell CAB files and SCCM 2007?
Has anyone imported the new PE CAB, then created a successfull build from the main driver CAB?  As far as I can see, the new cab just contains the updated network driver that imported 2 or 3 weeks ag... See more...
Has anyone imported the new PE CAB, then created a successfull build from the main driver CAB?  As far as I can see, the new cab just contains the updated network driver that imported 2 or 3 weeks ago to get to a working win pe state
Did you manage to inject all the Cab drivers and have a working build? We are using WinPE 3.0 deploying Windows 7 and had to exclude some Windows 8 drivers. Now have a working SCCM build but has tak... See more...
Did you manage to inject all the Cab drivers and have a working build? We are using WinPE 3.0 deploying Windows 7 and had to exclude some Windows 8 drivers. Now have a working SCCM build but has taken a lot of messing around
Hi Sreejith, Yes - checking \filerepository shows multiple files starting with e1... e.g. e1c62x64.inf_amd64_neutral_08fa4873ba6284ba Back on the winPE network issue - Has anyone tried updating w... See more...
Hi Sreejith, Yes - checking \filerepository shows multiple files starting with e1... e.g. e1c62x64.inf_amd64_neutral_08fa4873ba6284ba Back on the winPE network issue - Has anyone tried updating with the latest HD controller and Network drivers as I suggested? I217-LM v 12.12.50.4 Chipset SATA RAID controller - 13.2.0.1016 AHCI controller - 13.2.0.1016 Realtek USB GBE family controller - 7.11.716.2014 These all have a version date 06/14 and are from the WinPE 3.0 Driver Pack A15  Thanks
frankmyl - You cannot simply disable them once they are imported unfortunately.  We tried this and it didn't work (got the same error when they were disabled)  If they were not imported at all t... See more...
frankmyl - You cannot simply disable them once they are imported unfortunately.  We tried this and it didn't work (got the same error when they were disabled)  If they were not imported at all though, then it does work.  This is what made it more difficult sieving through drivers - We broke Intel drivers down into 3 different folder names to make it easier. Just about to kick off a build when dist points have updated to see if 2 packages in MDT database for dirty drivers are working too.
Correct.  We have the correct framework drivers.   However importing drivers such as the Intel thermal framework drivers causes the same error message.  If then breaking them down and removing the ... See more...
Correct.  We have the correct framework drivers.   However importing drivers such as the Intel thermal framework drivers causes the same error message.  If then breaking them down and removing the thermal framework manager driver then it builds properly. The ST microelectronics Windows 8 drivers also caused the same issue. Yes, two more yellow bangs.  Wifi and Dell control vault.  We are creating packages and programs for these dirty drivers pointing to the correct needed MSI's
Hi Sreejith, Maybe no-one has got as far as importing the CAB drivers? When including certain Intel & ST Microelectronics drivers we see the following error.   www.danielclasson.com/sccm-osd-... See more...
Hi Sreejith, Maybe no-one has got as far as importing the CAB drivers? When including certain Intel & ST Microelectronics drivers we see the following error.   www.danielclasson.com/sccm-osd-issue-kernel-mode-driver-framework www.danielclasson.com/.../error.jpg We then removed and added the drivers manually until we got to the driver(s) causing the error We are now in a position where we have just 2 dirty drivers left - Broadcom NFP and PCI Simple communications controller. Thanks
And to everyone who does manage to PXE boot and get an IP address, how far are you getting when importing the Dell CAB file? We have spent weeks downloading, importing and testing individual driver... See more...
And to everyone who does manage to PXE boot and get an IP address, how far are you getting when importing the Dell CAB file? We have spent weeks downloading, importing and testing individual drivers, have had to leave out multiple drivers to not get an error when building and are now left with 2 dirty drivers - but an almost SCCM built 7450!
We could pickup an IP address when booting into WinPE from SCCM.  The problem just seems to be the CAB drivers.  As I say, exporting the standard ones works fine
Model is a Latitude E7450 We attempted to use the Chipset and Network drivers out of this CAB (extracting to a folder then importing them to SCCM)  en.community.dell.com/.../7938.latitude-e74507450... See more...
Model is a Latitude E7450 We attempted to use the Chipset and Network drivers out of this CAB (extracting to a folder then importing them to SCCM)  en.community.dell.com/.../7938.latitude-e74507450-windows-7-driver-pack They did not work Individual extracted Chipset and Network drivers from this link do work and run thorough our TS and join the domain as expected http://www.dell.com/support/home/an/en/andhs1/product-support/servicetag/1ZF1P32/drivers?DCP=DndTag&s=BSD We are now manually downloading and extracting all required drivers, then importing them to SCCM
Using the CAB drivers fail, we expect due to Dell now creating CAB files to be used with their on version of SCCM ( Dell Command Suite)  We tried using just the Network and Chipset drivers but these ... See more...
Using the CAB drivers fail, we expect due to Dell now creating CAB files to be used with their on version of SCCM ( Dell Command Suite)  We tried using just the Network and Chipset drivers but these alone fail Downloading individual drivers (not from the CAB) and extracting do work The only method I see of building a laptop manually is to use a tool to extract drivers (as some extract to just a setup.exe) Get the folder with extract drivers then point SCCM to this instead of an extracted Dell CAB Thanks Dell!!
We added the WinPE 3.0 Driver Pack A15 from Dell to both the Custom Boot Images x86 and x64.  We could then get an IP.  Whether or not it is the correct driver is another thing.  One or more drivers ... See more...
We added the WinPE 3.0 Driver Pack A15 from Dell to both the Custom Boot Images x86 and x64.  We could then get an IP.  Whether or not it is the correct driver is another thing.  One or more drivers are not working for sure - just to find which edit - you also have to change settings in laptop bios such as disable secure boot, enable legacy option ROMs, enable UEFI network stack, enable w/PXE, SATA operation set AHCI (instead of RAID)
The short answer is - because it doesn't work! All our other laptops build fine but I guess with the e7450 there is an issue with one or more of the drivers, either corrupt, incorrect version etc.... See more...
The short answer is - because it doesn't work! All our other laptops build fine but I guess with the e7450 there is an issue with one or more of the drivers, either corrupt, incorrect version etc.  We are going to create a new TS and add the drivers separately, seeing how far the build gets after each.  Very long winded but possibility the only way unless anyone else has any ideas We built the e7450 using a bootable USB stick from a Windows 7 enterprise image and it built fine (missing most of the drivers of course) however the touch screen worked without any other drivers!  (We initially thought it could be touch screen driver related) edit - we have also dug around in smsts and setupact logs.  From info found we disabled all unsigned drivers but this has not made any difference.  There is nothing in the setupact.log that points to a certain driver http://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2012889
I have tried this what ValuedCustomer suggested and it does not work for an e7450 Should the imported drivers not show I218-LM? Similar thread here - http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/ente... See more...
I have tried this what ValuedCustomer suggested and it does not work for an e7450 Should the imported drivers not show I218-LM? Similar thread here - http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/enterprise-client/f/4448/p/19622333/20745810#20745810
We are having SCCM 2007 OSD build issues with an E7450 too. We have downloaded the Intel(R) Ethernet Connection I217-LM version 12.12.80.19 and imported to SCCM however the laptop builds but fails ... See more...
We are having SCCM 2007 OSD build issues with an E7450 too. We have downloaded the Intel(R) Ethernet Connection I217-LM version 12.12.80.19 and imported to SCCM however the laptop builds but fails when it gets to 100% installing devices with the same error appearing as here - www.danielclasson.com/sccm-osd-issue-kernel-mode-driver-framework Our Kernel driver is up to date - 1.11.9200.16648 The drivers I have imported are from the 20_0_CD, version 12.12.80.19 as above What I have noticed it that the adapter is I218-LM but importing to SCCM shows 217-LM.  Where is this 218-LM driver?? There is another thread on this here too - en.community.dell.com/.../19611417