GaryW1972's Posts

GaryW1972's Posts

Bi-annual check in. Any chance of this ever getting fixed?
And another few months. Throw us a bone here, please!
Yes, this was the problem. The OriginFileDigest of the newer version hadn't been updated correctly to a hash of the newer binary. An hour or so hacking around and I managed to fix it. If anyone e... See more...
Yes, this was the problem. The OriginFileDigest of the newer version hadn't been updated correctly to a hash of the newer binary. An hour or so hacking around and I managed to fix it. If anyone else has this issue, here's how to fix it https://gsilt.blogspot.co.uk/2017/11/scup-2011-and-file-digest-errors.html
Hi, I keep getting "incorrect file digest" errors using the client catalog with SCUP 2011. This appears to be because Dell releases an update which gets published to SCCM as metadata initially whic... See more...
Hi, I keep getting "incorrect file digest" errors using the client catalog with SCUP 2011. This appears to be because Dell releases an update which gets published to SCCM as metadata initially which stores a hash of the content. Dell then updates the content to a new version, but then the hash of the new content doesn't match that of the original content and so can't be published "full content" to SCCM. This is currently happening with the latest versions of the Intel Thunderbolt drivers and Open Manage Inventory. Looking at the page for the latest Thunderbolt driver https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/drivers/driversdetails?driverId=7X8Y6 this was released on 20th July but then updated on 1st November presumably breaking the release if the binary was changed.. Am I correct in this assumption?
Hi, Can anyone explain to me why both the following exist within the Client Catalog with seemingly the same version of the software, but with different Bulletin IDs, slightly different file sizes a... See more...
Hi, Can anyone explain to me why both the following exist within the Client Catalog with seemingly the same version of the software, but with different Bulletin IDs, slightly different file sizes and different latest updated dates? Neither of them are expired. https://www.dell.com/support/home/uk/en/ukbsdt1/drivers/driversdetails?driverId=JT5W8 http://www.dell.com/support/home/uk/en/ukdhs1/drivers/driversdetails?driverId=M6NJD I've seen this quite a lot and it's pretty confusing.
Nearly another year has passed. Any progress?
OME is still reporting incorrect warranty information. Any idea when this will be fixed?
I have Red Xs against some iDracs and the only way I can get rid of them is by clearing the ESM log. I don't really want to do this as we then lose the history. As hardware log events can't be ackn... See more...
I have Red Xs against some iDracs and the only way I can get rid of them is by clearing the ESM log. I don't really want to do this as we then lose the history. As hardware log events can't be acknowledged like alerts can, is there anyway to get rid of the red cross in OME and keep the log apart from doing a "Save As" from OMSA to get a zip of the log and then clearing it?
Thanks, but found the problem. Was the timing of the scans. Doh!
Hi, I've rolled out Command Monitor 9.1 to all Dell client machines, but only a handful are showing "System Administrator 9.1.0" as a Data Source in OME 2.2.0.2056. The rest only have WMI. There'... See more...
Hi, I've rolled out Command Monitor 9.1 to all Dell client machines, but only a handful are showing "System Administrator 9.1.0" as a Data Source in OME 2.2.0.2056. The rest only have WMI. There's a mix of Win 7, 8.1, 10 Pro, XPS and Latitude in the ones that are working, so nothing consistent about the ones that work and the ones that don't. I tried the troubleshooting tool with WMI it found the DCM Namespace on one of the non-working machines. Any suggested debugging steps to find out what's stopping it working properly? Thanks Gary
I'll try a restart later and see if it makes any difference!
Hi, Running 2.2.0.256. When I click export on a report, the file is always html, even when I pick, txt, csv or XML as the file type. Never used this before so I don't know if this is a new bug or... See more...
Hi, Running 2.2.0.256. When I click export on a report, the file is always html, even when I pick, txt, csv or XML as the file type. Never used this before so I don't know if this is a new bug or if it's always been like this.
Hi, The last batch of XPS 13 (9350) we bought had vPro, but now the new 9360 has been released and vPro has gone again. Is there going to be a version with vPro? I'm wary of placing an order now ... See more...
Hi, The last batch of XPS 13 (9350) we bought had vPro, but now the new 9360 has been released and vPro has gone again. Is there going to be a version with vPro? I'm wary of placing an order now only to have the vPro version get released soon afterwards. My account manager just said the current ones don't.
More fun: What's the difference between 32P2C, 2K9GF? They both have the same description and are both declaring themselves as installed, then after a reboot they want to install all over again
What BunnyFooFoo said! The catalog is littered with clashing updates, bad installable/installed rules, circular references, critical updates that don't supersede or expire previous ones, literally ... See more...
What BunnyFooFoo said! The catalog is littered with clashing updates, bad installable/installed rules, circular references, critical updates that don't supersede or expire previous ones, literally dozens of Hitachi firmware updates. Frankly it's a mess.
HI, Having problems with the following releases via SCUP and SCCM: P1X3X repeatedly installs, requires restart and then repeats over and over again or both Windows 10 and Windows 8.1 on Latitude ... See more...
HI, Having problems with the following releases via SCUP and SCCM: P1X3X repeatedly installs, requires restart and then repeats over and over again or both Windows 10 and Windows 8.1 on Latitude E5550 and XPS 13. 5TR5K attempts to install on Windows 10 as the installable rules are not checking for OS version. Can these be fixed for the next catalog release please?
What's happened to the Dell Dock Firmware Update tool? Will it have to be run on every dock individually? I don't fancy wandering around every single dock to do a manual update. The above is all fi... See more...
What's happened to the Dell Dock Firmware Update tool? Will it have to be run on every dock individually? I don't fancy wandering around every single dock to do a manual update. The above is all fine, but what if you're using SCCM to roll out drivers via SCUP? The latest catalog does not have the right installable rules for an XPS 9550 and still tries to install old firmware and drivers (so I expect Dell Command | Update will suffer from the same problem as it uses the same catalog). This is particularly bad with a laptop that's had its firmware upgraded to 16, but SCCM will only allow it to install the v15 drivers. To say I've got a lot of  users extremely annoyed at constant blue screens would be an understatement.
I've found the cause. The installable rules do not include SystemTypeID = "1764". Is this an omission? The Driver list for this device on product support has the latest version.
I've got an XPS 9550 with drivers and firmware being deployed by SCUP and SCCM. Software Center is repeatedly showing that Thunderbolt Firmware 2.11.06, A02 needs to be installed even though it's b... See more...
I've got an XPS 9550 with drivers and firmware being deployed by SCUP and SCCM. Software Center is repeatedly showing that Thunderbolt Firmware 2.11.06, A02 needs to be installed even though it's been installed multiple times and there's a newer version out (2.16.01.003,A04) Same thing for the Thunderbolt 3 driver. 15.3.39.250, A01 shows as being needed repeatedly, but the latest version is 16.1.47.275,A02. Any idea why they're not being detected properly? Also, as the newer releases are critical, why are the older versions not expired or superseded?
In the Client Catalog there are numerous duplicates for Bulletin IDs. An update is in there twice with everything identical apart from the Update ID and one is Expired and the other isn't. So I've ... See more...
In the Client Catalog there are numerous duplicates for Bulletin IDs. An update is in there twice with everything identical apart from the Update ID and one is Expired and the other isn't. So I've not idea if the update is valid or not. Also, there are still several updates in the catalog that break WSUS when published via SCUP as they have circular references in their supersendence. The drivers have been in the Catalog for at least two years. Is there any chance they can get removed? Finding them would be really easy for Dell to do.