mthrall's Posts

mthrall's Posts

Hi we have recently enabled encryption of our DD2500s and I'm a bit confused as to exactly how encryption works when enabled but encrypt existing data has not been selected. I understand at t... See more...
Hi we have recently enabled encryption of our DD2500s and I'm a bit confused as to exactly how encryption works when enabled but encrypt existing data has not been selected. I understand at this point it is only encrypting new data, however I assume this means that once all the existing data has expired and been cleaned then we would be in a position where existing data has now been encrypted, does this mean the encryption progess section which is currently showing zero will have changed? Also is there any way to show current encryption progress if you are only encrypting new data?
Hi we are just configuring VMware VADP backups in our new networker v9 environment.  When I present all the VMware datastores to the vadp proxy servers should the disks be online or offline.  The... See more...
Hi we are just configuring VMware VADP backups in our new networker v9 environment.  When I present all the VMware datastores to the vadp proxy servers should the disks be online or offline.  The vadp proxy servers are Windows 2012 R2. The 2 test backups we have running currently seem to be working with the disks offline, however speeds are nowhere near what I was expecting.
yes it restarts the system before it full loads.
Hi, We are having problems with Symantec system recovery.  The newest version uses WinPE 5.0 64 Bit, but I cant get it to boot a poweredge 2850 it just resets the system. Does anyone know i... See more...
Hi, We are having problems with Symantec system recovery.  The newest version uses WinPE 5.0 64 Bit, but I cant get it to boot a poweredge 2850 it just resets the system. Does anyone know if the 2850 supports 64Bit WInPE 5.0?