BlueMonday84's Posts

BlueMonday84's Posts

thanks for your help! The parts are on order and I'll be installing next week
Hi, thanks for the reply. Shame about the USB 3.0, what exactly should I be looking to buy to replace the front USB ports with working USB 2.0? A lot of my searches have come up with a card to replac... See more...
Hi, thanks for the reply. Shame about the USB 3.0, what exactly should I be looking to buy to replace the front USB ports with working USB 2.0? A lot of my searches have come up with a card to replace the USB ports at the back. With regards to the hard drive and my Inspiron, is there a specific 'version' of SATA I need to take into consideration. For example will the following work http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/sandisk-240gb-ultra-ii-ssd-drive-sata-iii-a34rr Thanks!
Hi, I have an Inspiron 570 desktop and instead of buying a newer one I just want to upgrade a few of the parts. I'd like to do do the following - replace the broken USB 2.0 ports on the front wit... See more...
Hi, I have an Inspiron 570 desktop and instead of buying a newer one I just want to upgrade a few of the parts. I'd like to do do the following - replace the broken USB 2.0 ports on the front with USB 3.0 ports - install an additional hard drive: an SSD which will hold a fresh copy of Windows 10. I'll leave the existing hard drive in place for data.  - I also have 4 X 2GB or RAM, so not sure if it's possible to replace these and up it to 10-16GB. I've not changed or modified any of the desktop, so it's as it is out of the box. What is it exactly I need to buy for the front USB ports and what considerations do I need to make when buying the SSD considering it's for an inspiron 570? many thanks in advance