venkat_bollinen's Posts

venkat_bollinen's Posts

Hi Sujatha, Thanks you very much for quickly replying on my query. Can you kindly throw some more light on this. Do you mean, I should go for two same RAMs for both A and B slots? As per t... See more...
Hi Sujatha, Thanks you very much for quickly replying on my query. Can you kindly throw some more light on this. Do you mean, I should go for two same RAMs for both A and B slots? As per the table, If I go for 4GB RAM in slot A and 2GB RAM in Slot B, I will get 6GB RAM (detectable and usable by O.S?). Else, I'll go for two 4GB RAMs for slot A and Slot B. Also, can you kindly suggest me on the RAM maker as well, pls. After much Googling, I came to know that Kingston tends to work better than its counterparts. 1. Kingston ValueRAM DDR3 4 GB( 64 x 512 MB ) Laptop RAM (KVR1333D3S9/ KVR13S9S8/4) - 9-9-9 CAS Latency (not specifically made for Dell, but one N5010 user specified that it worked for him along with his existing 2GB RAM) 2. Kingston DDR3 4 GB (1 x 4 GB) Dell Laptop RAM (KTD-L3C/4GFR) - 9-8-7-6 CAS Latency (made specifically for Dell) � Can you suggest me on which would give me much performance out of two. Many thanks in advance!!! � �
HI, I'm planning to upgrade my Dell Inspiron N5010 RAM from current 3GB(2+1) to 6 GB(2+4). I heard that some Dell Inspiron Laptops require same RAM to be present in both slots so that the O.S ... See more...
HI, I'm planning to upgrade my Dell Inspiron N5010 RAM from current 3GB(2+1) to 6 GB(2+4). I heard that some Dell Inspiron Laptops require same RAM to be present in both slots so that the O.S can detect the installed RAM, else only one slot will be detected( ex: 4GB RAM (Usable 3GB)). So, can I go ahead with having a 2GB RAM in one slot and 4GB RAM in another? So, can you suggest me any best brand(verified by Dell) to purchase the RAM and also the recommended frequency it should be supporting? Many thanks in advance!!!