121aa's Posts

121aa's Posts

Thanks for the tip. I just did what you suggested. Unfortunately it didn't help. The only change is that now the computer actually works - I mean there is no black screen, it starts and doesn't hangs... See more...
Thanks for the tip. I just did what you suggested. Unfortunately it didn't help. The only change is that now the computer actually works - I mean there is no black screen, it starts and doesn't hangs... but the screen is 800x600 and my Device Manager says "NVIDIA Quadro FX3800 has stopped because it has reported problems. (Code 43) ". I also made another try and installed NVIDIA driver from Dell support site. With that driver (nvidia_multi-device_A04_R283512) the computer is - let's say - worthless - it stops working after a minute or so (black screen and it hangs). I was installing this package from NVIDIA: 341.21-quadro-grid-desktop-notebook-win8-win7-64bit-international-whql.exe Thx. Adam.
Hi, as many already posted, I also have some crazy issues with my Precision M6500 (late 2009). Basically its display goes black and the machine does not respond to anything. While typing these word... See more...
Hi, as many already posted, I also have some crazy issues with my Precision M6500 (late 2009). Basically its display goes black and the machine does not respond to anything. While typing these words, my PC is using some funny screen resolution (like 800x600) and my Device Manager says "NVIDIA Quadro FX3800 has stopped because it has reported problems. (Code 43) ". The PC was working quite well for last 5 years. In December 2014 I finally cleaned its fans and vents... reinstalled Windows, performed all available firmware updates (including BIOS - now it's A10)... and it worked very well for like ...10 days! Now, it is almost impossible to use this machine... it doesn't look like it would overheat or something ... but the display turns black all of a sudden and the only option is to force it to shut down by pressing and holding its power button for a while. Here are the hardware IDs of my NVIDIA Quadro FX3800: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_061F&SUBSYS_02EF1028&REV_A2 PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_061F&SUBSYS_02EF1028 PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_061F&CC_030000 PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_061F&CC_0300 Is there any fix for this issue? It appears like I am not the only one with exactly the same problem... Thank you in advance, Adam.