Wispr's Posts

Wispr's Posts

A lot of the newer games require an Intel Core i7-6770 processor or better it seems. My XPS 8700 has a Intel Core i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz. Was wondering can I put a Intel Core i7-6770 in my current XPS... See more...
A lot of the newer games require an Intel Core i7-6770 processor or better it seems. My XPS 8700 has a Intel Core i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz. Was wondering can I put a Intel Core i7-6770 in my current XPS 8700?
I currently have Creative Sound Blaster Audigy FX PCIe 5.1 Sound Card installed in the second PCIe x1 below the graphic card PCIe x16 slot. My question is after reading a thread on this forum that... See more...
I currently have Creative Sound Blaster Audigy FX PCIe 5.1 Sound Card installed in the second PCIe x1 below the graphic card PCIe x16 slot. My question is after reading a thread on this forum that explains that the PCIe x4 is only wired to perform as an X1 slot, can I switch the sound card to that slot even though the slot is longer than the other two PCIe x1 slots? Here's the thread I'm referring to... en.community.dell.com/.../20661808   
Thanks!
I'm looking at upgrading my memory from 8 GB to 32 GB and was wondering if anyone knows if the Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB Kit (2x8GB) 1600MHz DDR3 CL10 DIMM will work? Thanks
I'm getting the XPS 8700 and was wondering if I can swop out the NVIDIA GeForce GT 720 for a GeForce GTX 555 from my old Aurora R4 computer? XPS 8700 4th Generation Intel Core i7-4 790 processor ... See more...
I'm getting the XPS 8700 and was wondering if I can swop out the NVIDIA GeForce GT 720 for a GeForce GTX 555 from my old Aurora R4 computer? XPS 8700 4th Generation Intel Core i7-4 790 processor (8M Cache, up to 4.0 GHz) Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit Sorry haven't been delivered yet so don't know the power supply. Thanks!
I will be getting a XPS 8700 very soon and was wondering if I can pull the hard drive from my busted Aurora R4 and put it in the XPS 8700? The hard drive in question is a 3TB Serial ATA3 Aurora R4.... See more...
I will be getting a XPS 8700 very soon and was wondering if I can pull the hard drive from my busted Aurora R4 and put it in the XPS 8700? The hard drive in question is a 3TB Serial ATA3 Aurora R4. Any help is much appreciated!
Wow... thanks for all the help!!
With my Alienware computer dead I've fallen back using an old Inspiron 530. Sadly can't update the video card drivers due to the current OS not being supported. I'm running Windows 7, 64 Bit. I'm... See more...
With my Alienware computer dead I've fallen back using an old Inspiron 530. Sadly can't update the video card drivers due to the current OS not being supported. I'm running Windows 7, 64 Bit. I'm currently having video card problems that are driver related and believe they need to be updated, but the current drivers Dell offers are for Vista or XP. Any ideas on what I can do.
Me again I'm afraid... My computer, a Aurora R4, suffered two blue screens crashes, which I figured was due to a recent Windows 7 update and when I tried to load a Restore point I found o... See more...
Me again I'm afraid... My computer, a Aurora R4, suffered two blue screens crashes, which I figured was due to a recent Windows 7 update and when I tried to load a Restore point I found out my computer was one of those that been deleting them. So I ran ePSA diagnostic just to be safe, thankfully everything came back green, after which I set my Alienware computer aside, unplugged, during the week until could work on it. Sadly now when I try to turn the computer on the front lights, the lights that surround the square where the DvD bay is, will turn on and the fans kick on, but no side running lights and the monitor stays blank. At first the the computer ran for a few seconds then rebooted itself, but then it just stayed stuck like described above and I had to unplug it to turn it off. I have open the case and booted it up to make sure all the visible fans were running, which they were. Also I reseated the memory and hard drive on the off the chance they came loose. But nothing worked. Any help would be very appreciated! Wispr
Hey Naomi, I'm very happy to say that after rerunning the HDD test it came back OK.  Then followed all the instructions on doing a clean install of the video drivers and install the Alienware... See more...
Hey Naomi, I'm very happy to say that after rerunning the HDD test it came back OK.  Then followed all the instructions on doing a clean install of the video drivers and install the Alienware video drivers. Computer running nice! I also found out after using Sestem Detect I was behind on some other drivers, chipset and such and will update them this weekend. I really appreciate all the time and help you provided, a huge hug from me! <HUG>  Take care... Wispr
Hey Naomi, I'm very happy to say that after rerunning the HDD test it came back OK.  Then followed all the instructions on doing a clean install of the video drivers and install the Alienware... See more...
Hey Naomi, I'm very happy to say that after rerunning the HDD test it came back OK.  Then followed all the instructions on doing a clean install of the video drivers and install the Alienware video drivers. Computer running nice! I also found out after using Sestem Detect I was behind on some other drivers, chipset and such and will update them this weekend. I really appreciate all the time and help you provided, a huge hug from me! <HUG>  Take care... Wispr
Hey Naomi, Ran the ePSA and the first quick test found nothing wrong. It then ask if I wanted to run a longer test and I said yes. Everything basically pass, though when it got to 94% on the ... See more...
Hey Naomi, Ran the ePSA and the first quick test found nothing wrong. It then ask if I wanted to run a longer test and I said yes. Everything basically pass, though when it got to 94% on the hard drive test it was taking close to a half an hour to move up 1% and I just had to abort so I can get ready for bed. Working tomorrow. Do you think I need to rerun the hard drive test or do feel it be OK to go ahead and do that clean install of the video card drivers? Which BTW I figured out that I screwed up on the video card drivers. I was updating them from Nvidia web site and not alienware drivers. Will make sure to use only alienware from now on! Interesting side note when I exited out of the ePSA the computer booted just find. But to play it safe I switched back to my old computer until I heard from you. Didn't want to risk having the alienware computer crashing like it did before. Again huge thanks for the awesome help you've been! Wispr
Hey Naomi, First thanks for the fast reply and once I get home from work will run the diagnostic you directed me to. Been at least a couple of weeks since I upgraded the video card drivers and ... See more...
Hey Naomi, First thanks for the fast reply and once I get home from work will run the diagnostic you directed me to. Been at least a couple of weeks since I upgraded the video card drivers and I still have the old video cards that came with the computer dual GeForce GTX 555. Still trying to save up for one of those video cards you told me about before. Luckily got my old computer so I can still access this site! Thanks again and will let you know what I find out... Wispr
I own a  Aurora R4 and was playing a computer game when it suddenly turned itself off and seem to become stuck in trying to reboot itself. I unplugged it and after a bit plugged it back in a... See more...
I own a  Aurora R4 and was playing a computer game when it suddenly turned itself off and seem to become stuck in trying to reboot itself. I unplugged it and after a bit plugged it back in and tried to reboot it. All the screen will show is the Alienware logo and then switched to a blank screen with a blinking cursor in the top left corner. The running lights will turn on using the theme I had picked.   Any help will be much appreciated!
Hey Naomi C, A huge thanks for the fast and detailed reply... it really helped!   Wispr  
I hope someone can help me in making sure that either of these video cards will work in my Alienware Aurora r4. I currently have duel Geforce GTX55 cards with SLI enabled. I do a lot of gam... See more...
I hope someone can help me in making sure that either of these video cards will work in my Alienware Aurora r4. I currently have duel Geforce GTX55 cards with SLI enabled. I do a lot of gaming and got a Asus VE278Q 27-Inch Full-HD LED Monitor so the cards I’m interested in are either GeForce GTX 780 or the GeForce GTX 780 Ti.   Any help would be much appreciated.   Wispr