Dadouvic's Posts

Dadouvic's Posts

It seems that it is easy to dot, according to some tutorials I found on Ubuntu forums. However, I was wondering, is it a problem to do it with the SSD-only version? I was also wondering if I real... See more...
It seems that it is easy to dot, according to some tutorials I found on Ubuntu forums. However, I was wondering, is it a problem to do it with the SSD-only version? I was also wondering if I really have to partition the whole ssd by hand with gparted? Or maybe the install along windows 10 will work fine? Thank you!
Hi, I had a lot of trouble with the XPS 9550, with so many broken drivers. I experienced too many bluescreen and that's why I will have, tomorrow, another SSD reference (I don't know which one for ... See more...
Hi, I had a lot of trouble with the XPS 9550, with so many broken drivers. I experienced too many bluescreen and that's why I will have, tomorrow, another SSD reference (I don't know which one for the moment). As I am working a lot on an Ubuntu VM, I decided to make a dual-boot on the new SSD. I just wanted to know if there are some tricks I have to follow to install it? I checked, it seems that the Nvidia GTX 960M has supported drivers, but what about the WIFI? the laptop sleep mode? the fans speed? If you have any advices to give me before doing it, it would be very nice. Thank you!
As DELL is not helping with bluescreens (I am speaking with the support since march and it is still not working), we have to fix it. I do not know if it will help, I am trying it now, but there is ... See more...
As DELL is not helping with bluescreens (I am speaking with the support since march and it is still not working), we have to fix it. I do not know if it will help, I am trying it now, but there is a new wireless driver : http://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER03620668M/1/9550_Network_Driver_JKRJ9_WN32_1.566.0.0_A04.EXE Hope it will work! PS : I had maybe 5 different bluescreens since I bought the laptop, nice shot DELL, you won :) Bluescreens like KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR, CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION, etc... And when I look on the internet, it is easy to see that all the people that are buying XPS laptops have them. If you really wanna buy this laptop as I was, just take another one, even if it is powerful and gorgeous, or you will really spend your entire life fixing broken drivers and SSD problems.
Hi, Some news  about the computer. I had a new BSOD today "UNEXPECTED STORE EXCEPTION" I am waiting to see if it happens again. See you. EDIT: ok, I just had a new one. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED ... See more...
Hi, Some news  about the computer. I had a new BSOD today "UNEXPECTED STORE EXCEPTION" I am waiting to see if it happens again. See you. EDIT: ok, I just had a new one. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED exactly the same as before Dell fixed my computer. It seems to come from the SSD. I start to be tired to try to fix my computer and my drivers each day, it should be a work tool and not a tool I have to fix every day. On the Internet it is advised to install the Samsung SSD driver to fix these bsod but it apparently prevents the computer from booting. See you
Hi, Using AHCI and reformating the SSD seems to help, I did not experience any BSOD for now. The computer seems now to work well. The only strange thing is the little sound it makes, like an old ... See more...
Hi, Using AHCI and reformating the SSD seems to help, I did not experience any BSOD for now. The computer seems now to work well. The only strange thing is the little sound it makes, like an old computer working. I do not know if it is normal, I think this is the SSD sound but I prefer to ask. Thanks David
Hi, Tomorrow, an engineer is coming to change the SSD as it is not even recognized by the Diagnostics. I am quite sure the problem is a driver problem, but I did not find the solution yet. I hope... See more...
Hi, Tomorrow, an engineer is coming to change the SSD as it is not even recognized by the Diagnostics. I am quite sure the problem is a driver problem, but I did not find the solution yet. I hope reinstalling windows and changing the ssd will fix it as I really need it to work. I will give you some feedback tomorrow. Thanks & See you! EDIT : The SSD is now changed but I do not think it was part of the problem. The engineer changed my boot mode from Raid On to AHCI. Now I do not have BSOD's anymore but I did not use it too much, I am trying to find the good WIFI drivers as I can not select any WIFI network for the moment. I tried to install the Intel's one but it fails telling me it does not support my computer(I downloaded it from the Dell XPS 15 9550 drivers page). Anyway, it seems to work I will only disable W10 updates for the moment. See you.
Hi, I received my Dell XPS 9550 one week ago, and now it not working anymore... I have the 512 ssd version and I cannot use it more than 5 minutes until a bsod happens. I am really disappointed ... See more...
Hi, I received my Dell XPS 9550 one week ago, and now it not working anymore... I have the 512 ssd version and I cannot use it more than 5 minutes until a bsod happens. I am really disappointed and I am even thinking to send it back because I really need a laptop to work as soon as possible and I can not wait to fix it(it will take more than two weeks). If you have any idea it would be nice because I am really mad at Dell at this point. See you!
Hi, I just received my XPS 15 9550 and it is exactly as I was expected. However, it seems that I do not have the basic software suites, especially the Dell Premier Color software that I really wa... See more...
Hi, I just received my XPS 15 9550 and it is exactly as I was expected. However, it seems that I do not have the basic software suites, especially the Dell Premier Color software that I really wanted to try. Is there something I forgot to do during the laptop configuration? Thank you!
Hi, I currently have an Alienware 14, with an intel i7, a GTX 765M and 8Go of RAM, and my computer is running under windows 10. However, for my studies, I really need a Linux distribution and it ... See more...
Hi, I currently have an Alienware 14, with an intel i7, a GTX 765M and 8Go of RAM, and my computer is running under windows 10. However, for my studies, I really need a Linux distribution and it has to run fast as I am often rendering some OpenGL things, I can not use a virtual machine anymore. I mounted an USB Key using Unetbootin and I tried to install Ubuntu 14 and Ubuntu 15, booting into Legacy mode as booting into UEFI mode was not working at all. During the installation, I did not have the "Install alongside windows" option, so, I just tried to create 3 partitions by myself, and the installation just went well. However, after rebooting, I did not have the choice to boot either on Windows or on Ubuntu. I tried to follow what was said to fix this in this tutorial but it did not work. I really tried several things and none of them work, I am just stuck now as I only have an Ubuntu version running under Virtual Box and it is now very efficient for what I am doing. If someone has any idea that could help me, it would be very nice! Thank You!
If it looks like to be the FPS I should have, there is no problem. Thank you for your answer, I will try on GTA V soon. See you !
Hi, I have an Alienware 14 laptop and I was thinking that my performances are much more slower compared to the beginning, when I bought it (1 year ago). My configuration is the following : 8G... See more...
Hi, I have an Alienware 14 laptop and I was thinking that my performances are much more slower compared to the beginning, when I bought it (1 year ago). My configuration is the following : 8Go ram, i7, GTX765M. I tried a Heaven benchmark, and this is the result :  My laptop was plugged on sector and, as you can see, the benchmark has been performed on my Nvidia card (not the integrated chipset) Is the result good or not ? I tried to find the same configuration that ran this benchmark, but it's quite difficult to find. Thank you for reading,  See you
Merci de la réponse rapide, Je suis parti pour en payer une nouvelle. Bonne journée.
La semaine dernière, ma batterie se chargeait à 100 %, elle durait environ 2h en économie d'énergie. Aujourd"***, ma batterie ne se charge que à 55 % maximum et prend environ 1heure en économie d'é... See more...
La semaine dernière, ma batterie se chargeait à 100 %, elle durait environ 2h en économie d'énergie. Aujourd"***, ma batterie ne se charge que à 55 % maximum et prend environ 1heure en économie d'énergie.  Elle tient donc toujours aussi longtemps sans que le chargeur soit branché, mais je n'arrive pas à la charger à son maximum, dépassé le seuil de 54-55 % je peut voir le message "branché, pas en charge". Merci beaucoup pour votre réponse, bonne journée
Bonjour,  je viens ici assez dépité, suite à ce problème que pas mal de gens recontrent.  J'ai décidé de faire un nouveau post car l'erreur est un peu différente. Mon pc se charge très très bie... See more...
Bonjour,  je viens ici assez dépité, suite à ce problème que pas mal de gens recontrent.  J'ai décidé de faire un nouveau post car l'erreur est un peu différente. Mon pc se charge très très bien jusqu'à environ 50 - 54%, puis, j'ai ensuite le message "branché, mais pas en charge". J'utilise assez ma batterie, même si mon ordinateur reste beaucoup sur secteur pour pouvoir jouer confortablement, je m'oblige, tous les 2 jours environ à l'utiliser sur batterie jusqu'à ce qu'il se vide complètement. Ma garantie vient d'expirer, je suis donc encore plus dépité. Si quelqu'un a une idée, je suis prêt à l'ouvrir et à faire pas mal de changements,  Merci de votre aide, bonne journée :)
I am quiet sure your Windows CD is ok ! :) The problem comes from the BIOS. Actually, you have to disable the SecureBoot (or a name close to that) and to change the boot lecacy mode to somethin... See more...
I am quiet sure your Windows CD is ok ! :) The problem comes from the BIOS. Actually, you have to disable the SecureBoot (or a name close to that) and to change the boot lecacy mode to something other (Unfortunately I did not remember what...) try something like that and If it does not work, I will go on my BIOS to look for the right settings. See you and share this error that made me wait for a while !
Hello, I am trying to restore to the original settings (loosing all datas) my Alienware 14. Unforntunately, using the given CD, it did not work. Indeed, since one month, I have an error "Watchd... See more...
Hello, I am trying to restore to the original settings (loosing all datas) my Alienware 14. Unforntunately, using the given CD, it did not work. Indeed, since one month, I have an error "Watchdog violation" apparently due to an error between my SSD and W8.1. I tryied to update my SSD, did not work too... So, I wanted to restore to factory default, however, during installation, always at the same moment, I have this "Watchdog Violation" and my computer restart. At the end, I received an error "We couldn't install Windows 8" therefore I have no changes... I don't know if you well understood my problem, I am just trying to restore to factory default  but I can"t with this famouse "Watchdog Violation Error"... I apologize for any english mistakes, see you for reading Good bye :)