mcharrytun's Posts

mcharrytun's Posts

Good ideas, but to no avail.  I downloaded the latest drivers from NVidea, still the black screen.  I left it for 30 minutes nothing... I will call tech support now, that should be fun.  Hopefu... See more...
Good ideas, but to no avail.  I downloaded the latest drivers from NVidea, still the black screen.  I left it for 30 minutes nothing... I will call tech support now, that should be fun.  Hopefully they are as helpful as you said they were.
I just got an Alienware x51, i7 16G Mem, etc. I plugged in the monitor: LG 24" w/ hdmi to hdmi cables.  All was well, I used the PC for a day.  The second day, I had some Audio issues (ignor... See more...
I just got an Alienware x51, i7 16G Mem, etc. I plugged in the monitor: LG 24" w/ hdmi to hdmi cables.  All was well, I used the PC for a day.  The second day, I had some Audio issues (ignore this part) which required a reboot. I rebooted, which triggered about 71 Windows updates.  I let then run.  Now, after the windows logo on a reboot the screen goes black.  Only the mouse is on the screen.  ctrl-Alt-del allows only reboot.  I have gone through a swath of troubleshooting to no avail: system restore from safe mode.  resetting factory settings, etc. Is my Video card dead after 2 days of use ?  Not super happy.