Mogle222's Posts

Mogle222's Posts

Try buying a new power supply and powering everything externally using the psu. You can also try finding another triggering mechanism to turn the pc all the way on. You would remove the old button co... See more...
Try buying a new power supply and powering everything externally using the psu. You can also try finding another triggering mechanism to turn the pc all the way on. You would remove the old button connection on the motherboard and replace it with a new one.
Your sticks of ram should each be the same memory size. For example 4 8gb sticks or 4 2gb sticks. Second, You only need a 500W power supply to power the 760. Third, make sure the manufacturer su... See more...
Your sticks of ram should each be the same memory size. For example 4 8gb sticks or 4 2gb sticks. Second, You only need a 500W power supply to power the 760. Third, make sure the manufacturer supports legacy/uefi in theie vbios Fourth, NVIDIA cards don't run hot like AMD, so don't worry about that. Finally, the only 760 that i know will absolutely work right out of the box, is the ASUS GTX 760.
I personally bought a Corsair CX600M Power Supply it was 150mm so it should fit in your case.
You will need at least a 550W-600W power supply. I did an upgrade on my Dell XPS 8300 from a AMD Radeon HD 6700 Series and 460W PSU. The XPS Series is really picky on g cards. You particularly w... See more...
You will need at least a 550W-600W power supply. I did an upgrade on my Dell XPS 8300 from a AMD Radeon HD 6700 Series and 460W PSU. The XPS Series is really picky on g cards. You particularly want to buy from manufacturers that have a vbios that supports both legacy and uefi I know for a fact that EVGA and Gigabyte GTX 970s will work with any XPS series. This Winter After I got out of college, I bought a bunch of diff video cards to see which ones worked with the XPS series 3 out of 10 worked. Those were the EVGA 970s and the Gigabyte 970s
I also found that the EVGA 970s will work with the XPS 8300. The GPU upgrade cost for a XPS 8300 if your getting 970s or 980s averages about $490-$550 USD
If you are still looking at this forum, I went ahead and bought a bunch of 970s to test which one works. I found that Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce edition will work. As long as you replace the default ... See more...
If you are still looking at this forum, I went ahead and bought a bunch of 970s to test which one works. I found that Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce edition will work. As long as you replace the default psu with 550W or greater.
Plugging an ethernet cable into my computer, will say I am connected to computer router sees it, but still will not connect to the internet.
*I downloaded drivers to my phone and then copied and pasted the drivers from my phone to the computer, and then installed them. This still didn't change anything. Windows sees that all hardware is w... See more...
*I downloaded drivers to my phone and then copied and pasted the drivers from my phone to the computer, and then installed them. This still didn't change anything. Windows sees that all hardware is working properly, I get no yellow exclams. When I look in the bottom right corner of windows, I have full bars and no marks. Everything looks normal, but when I open any browser, it wont connect. When I open any program it won't connect. When I try to remote troubleshoot, wont connect. When I search for auto drivers, wont connect. When I try to access backups, wont connect.
Ok I tried that and the problem is any service that requires internet doesnt work. I download the dell dw1501 drivers for my adapter, and still nothing.
So recently I upgraded my video, and did the general newbie steps. Then after I updated my motherboard bios to A06 my network card connects to network, does the blinking ok light, and my computer sho... See more...
So recently I upgraded my video, and did the general newbie steps. Then after I updated my motherboard bios to A06 my network card connects to network, does the blinking ok light, and my computer shows I am not having connection issues. However, whenever I try to access any service that uses the internet I am slammed with errors saying I am not connected to the internet. The router shows I am connected the computer says I am connected, and when I ping I get a response back. I can't find any viruses, I've tried system restore, I've tried driver updates, yet nothing is working. Everything else on the network works. I have even factory reset the router and my desktop still will not connect. Currently using mobile android device to communicate
Graphics Card Manufacturer: HIS Model: HIS R9 270x IceQ X^2 Boost Clock 2GB GDDR5 PCI-E DLDVI-I/HDMI/2xMini DP Bios:T21G01.301 Operating System: Windows 7 Home Power Supply: Default 460W wor... See more...
Graphics Card Manufacturer: HIS Model: HIS R9 270x IceQ X^2 Boost Clock 2GB GDDR5 PCI-E DLDVI-I/HDMI/2xMini DP Bios:T21G01.301 Operating System: Windows 7 Home Power Supply: Default 460W works or EVGA 550W Bronze Compatible: NO for it used on a XPS 8300 with OY2MRG Original Card: AMD Radeon HD 6700
Did you run yours in legacy?
Same issue here, I wish Dell would make a statement to all xps 8300 users, so we can move on if we truly cant do anything about this.
New mobo means: --NEW Windows OS software(Not cheap, price rarely waivers). Don't pirate. I did that and got lots of viruses later on. Because windows cant give updates for a non certified os. ... See more...
New mobo means: --NEW Windows OS software(Not cheap, price rarely waivers). Don't pirate. I did that and got lots of viruses later on. Because windows cant give updates for a non certified os. --New processor XPS 8300 Motherboard is 2nd gen. If you buy a 3rd gen mobo you may have issues using an 2nd gen processor from the old xps 8300. Processors are expensive, intel I7 2600 is still damn good. (Salvage wise you save 200-300 dollars) --Motherboard What motherboard you get, depends on what processor you use. Example: Intel Processor, means an intel mobo; AMD processor, AMD mobo *I strongly recommend intel because you get alot for your money. In general chosing a mobo is easy(my perspective) Factors are: Do you want to sli or crossfire? Get a mobo with dual pcie 3.0 or 2.0 slots. Use Usbs for school alot? Get usb 3.0 (for those times you procastinate and have to transfer files quickly). FINALLY THE LAST ADVICE... NEWEGG NEWEGG NEWEGG They have the cheapest pricest for hardware components. This winter season. Example: 35$ for 650w Corsair psu, 16gb ram for $100, and ssds for as low as 79.99 (good ones too...)
For starters, I am in the same situation you are in. I got a 1000 dollar xps8300 with my first job. You can salvage everything from your dell xps 8300, the hard drives, ram,  default psu good for a d... See more...
For starters, I am in the same situation you are in. I got a 1000 dollar xps8300 with my first job. You can salvage everything from your dell xps 8300, the hard drives, ram,  default psu good for a dedicated psu for your gpu. Power everything else with new psu. Microcenter is currently offering price matching for those building a new pc. *Use newegg, they will cry (prices are damn good). *Warning: Microcenter is a stickler on people returning bent pins on motherboards due to processor installation. Make sure you have some anti static bags( static shock will destroy components. Cases on sale for as low as 49.99 and a good motherboard will cost 150-200. Go with ASUS for the motherboard. *Upon research I have found that EVGA 970 or 980s may work. Without a mobo change.  Price match with newegg that sells em for 250-300. *But there is a risk it they may not work
OHH AND ONE MORE THING! Some EVGA PSUs come with a 24 pin adapter connect that to the 24 pin cable that isnt used and try powering the card only with your psu. Use your default psu to power everyth... See more...
OHH AND ONE MORE THING! Some EVGA PSUs come with a 24 pin adapter connect that to the 24 pin cable that isnt used and try powering the card only with your psu. Use your default psu to power everything else. (This will fix your not powering on problem).
Also, I have been able to run a 270x on the default 460w psu.
You need a new board or you can buy the evga gtx 970 or 980. Or the gtx 760. The sapphire r9 270x confirmed working as well. you mentioned a switch, most likely you need to flip that switch.
Some of the newer g cards don't Work with the dell xps 8300 motherboard. Such as the HIS IceQ x^2 boost R9 270x, that card went on sale for 100 USD on newegg on Black Friday and confirmed not to work... See more...
Some of the newer g cards don't Work with the dell xps 8300 motherboard. Such as the HIS IceQ x^2 boost R9 270x, that card went on sale for 100 USD on newegg on Black Friday and confirmed not to work. Also the gtxgtx970 and 980 have compatibility issues, but the EVGA ones seem to work. As we as the gtx 760.
The best gpu upgrade for a Dell XPS 8300 is the Nvidia gtx 760. It is the latest card that I can confirm to be working on this platform. (I tried many others, however the new R9 series and gtx 970 or... See more...
The best gpu upgrade for a Dell XPS 8300 is the Nvidia gtx 760. It is the latest card that I can confirm to be working on this platform. (I tried many others, however the new R9 series and gtx 970 or 980 cards have issues with the motherboard).