TechnicalEngineeringKLM's Posts

TechnicalEngineeringKLM's Posts

Thx, i will try to do this in our Testing env first. actually we wanted to migrate to the Linux install but then you do  not have a gui anymore (only at the console). this makes it a bit more difficu... See more...
Thx, i will try to do this in our Testing env first. actually we wanted to migrate to the Linux install but then you do  not have a gui anymore (only at the console). this makes it a bit more difficult. but i will first try and instll it on windows and see if this works for us.
Hi , thx for the reply, by removinfg the database you remove almost everything i guess. it's production so i do not think i am allowwed to do so. i don not have issues with creating a new Repo or what... See more...
Hi , thx for the reply, by removinfg the database you remove almost everything i guess. it's production so i do not think i am allowwed to do so. i don not have issues with creating a new Repo or what so ever, just by deleting.
Hi, I am running the repository manager version v2.2.4.630 and i wanted to remove some jobs from the jobs queue. But when i try that i get the messages: " Some jobs failed to remove. in the loggin ... See more...
Hi, I am running the repository manager version v2.2.4.630 and i wanted to remove some jobs from the jobs queue. But when i try that i get the messages: " Some jobs failed to remove. in the loggin it says. "Error removing jobs from queueException of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown. at System.Data.Metadata.Edm.TypeUsage..ctor(EdmType edmType, IEnumerable`1 facets)    at System.Data.Metadata.Edm.TypeUsage.ShallowCopy(FacetValues facetValues).   Does some one has a solution for this problem? it's running on  Windows 2012R2 system  
Who knows the difference of these two cards?
Hello, i am configuring some new R740xd servers and have some questions about some Bios Settings. - We use a BOSS card inside these servers (ESXi) and i created a virtual disk for this. Now i am wo... See more...
Hello, i am configuring some new R740xd servers and have some questions about some Bios Settings. - We use a BOSS card inside these servers (ESXi) and i created a virtual disk for this. Now i am wondering if the BIOS setting "Hard-Disk Failover" is still of any use here because the BOSS drive is already in RAID 1? or should this settings still be set on Enabled? (we boot from the BOSS card). - there is also a setting "Redundant OS Control" and "redundant OS Location" should this be set also now is this related to the setting above with the BOSS card? - there is also a PERC controller in the server and one disk, We will not use this disk now so should i set the Slot to Disabled in the BIOS or does that not matter at all.
HI , i just installed the latest RepoMan Verson (DRMInstaller_3.0.1.423) on a Redhat Linux system but it looks like there is no GUI available for this solution, is that correct? We just want to use ... See more...
HI , i just installed the latest RepoMan Verson (DRMInstaller_3.0.1.423) on a Redhat Linux system but it looks like there is no GUI available for this solution, is that correct? We just want to use a browser like GUI to work with the RepoMan and we were just glad to get rid of the Windows VM's (we do not manager them ourselfs). Is this something that will come or is there a workaround for this or.... do i miss something here? greetz
Hi, As far as i know it's only possible to run a monthly schedule for reporting purposes. When there are any issues on your systems it should directly create an incident off that server and also cr... See more...
Hi, As far as i know it's only possible to run a monthly schedule for reporting purposes. When there are any issues on your systems it should directly create an incident off that server and also create a new collection of the servers data. that's what it's designed for. so no need to run a daily collection for this to search for any issues, they will be reported as they appear. (At least for 12th gen and higher 🙂 ) hope this helps. greetz
Hi Thx for the reply,   it was already on the latest version and the patch was already installed on 2.4 OME. I removed everything including the Windows Directories created on the server and started... See more...
Hi Thx for the reply,   it was already on the latest version and the patch was already installed on 2.4 OME. I removed everything including the Windows Directories created on the server and started over again. this did the trick but now i'm stuck with a new challange. this repository instance will not upgrade it's own catalogs. not the Index catalog and not the enterprise catalog. they both stay at version 17.12.01 while on the other host it's already on 18.05.00. i've tried the access to the Dell FTP site with the troubleshooting tool and that seems OK. "Catalog downloaded successfully" .  
After upgrading to the above version i cannot import the new catalog anymore in OpenManage Essentials 2.4. when i try to do so i receive the following error message.   Import Dell EMC Version Cont... See more...
After upgrading to the above version i cannot import the new catalog anymore in OpenManage Essentials 2.4. when i try to do so i receive the following error message.   Import Dell EMC Version Control Catalog for System Update from D:\dell-repositories\FW_2018_P5\FW-2018-P5_1.03_Catalog.xml failed.Exception message: Error: 50000, Procedure: usp_ErrorLog_Insert, Message: Error: 515, Procedure: usp_Package_Insert, Message: Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'GroupID', table 'OMEssentials.Catalog.Package'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.Checking identity information: current identity value '2856'.DBCC execution completed. If DBCC printed error messages, contact your system administrator.Checking identity information: current identity value '7899'.DBCC execution completed. If DBCC printed error messages, contact your system administrator.Checking identity information: current identity value '12987'.DBCC execution completed. If DBCC printed error messages, contact your system administrator..   Now i am stuck because when i try to install the older version again it tells me that there is already a newer version installed. grrrr Windows 😞  
Thx Shivendra I will use that to check and set the Value. Do you know what the is reason the LCC goes into recovery mode? what causes that?
Hi all, Does anybody knows a command to Enable the LifeCycle Controller from remote tasks? During upgrades i received a message that LCC was in recovery mode so i had to enable it by hand. But be... See more...
Hi all, Does anybody knows a command to Enable the LifeCycle Controller from remote tasks? During upgrades i received a message that LCC was in recovery mode so i had to enable it by hand. But before we upgrade the whole environment, i would like to know if there are more LCC's in recovery mode. So it would be nice if there is a command to do so. Thx in advance.
Hi, does anybody knows if there is a logging that collects the commands you give in OME so you can use them later on in a script?
Hi Bharat, No you don't need a license for monitoring  or support assist or repository manager. The only part that is licensed is the Configuration part in OME. For this you need to buy a license. ... See more...
Hi Bharat, No you don't need a license for monitoring  or support assist or repository manager. The only part that is licensed is the Configuration part in OME. For this you need to buy a license. So for  monitoring, upgrading, inventory, reports what so ever, it is free to use. Kind regards.
Hi i had a look at the logs you suggested but they are from yesterday. 01-02-2017 15:38:22     Exception writing job file entry to DBAn error occurred while updating the entries. See the inner... See more...
Hi i had a look at the logs you suggested but they are from yesterday. 01-02-2017 15:38:22     Exception writing job file entry to DBAn error occurred while updating the entries. See the inner exception for details.     SQL Server Compact timed out waiting for a lock. The default lock time is 2000ms for devices and 5000ms for desktops. The default lock timeout can be increased in the connection string using the ssce: default lock timeout property. [ Session id = 3,Thread id = 1624,Process id = 2920,Table name = JobFiles,Conflict type = x lock (x blocks),Resource = PAG (idx): 1085 ]   at System.Data.Mapping.Update.Internal.UpdateTranslator.Update(IEntityStateManager stateManager, IEntityAdapter adapter)    at System.Data.EntityClient.EntityAdapter.Update(IEntityStateManager entityCache)    at System.Data.Objects.ObjectContext.SaveChanges(SaveOptions options)    at RMDataServiceLibrary.RMDatabase.Create.CreateDbJob.CreateJobFiles(Guid jobID, Dictionary`2 dictIDs) in Libraries\RMDataServiceLibrary\RMDatabase\Create\CreateDbJob.cs:line 132 after reading this i rebooted the VM and stated the Job again and this time it finished succesfully. . i am no Windows engineer, so i do not know why this happenned but i am glad it is working again. the above error looks like the database of OME is hanging or experiencing a lock on a talbe. is that correct interperted?
Hi, i am using DRM 2.2.1.616 and am trying to export a newly created repo. i've created it by using the option for "Dell Openmanage Essentials inventory". but when i try to export it so  i can use ... See more...
Hi, i am using DRM 2.2.1.616 and am trying to export a newly created repo. i've created it by using the option for "Dell Openmanage Essentials inventory". but when i try to export it so  i can use it locally it hangs at 95% and does not continues. Details messages also states : 279. 2/1/2017 3:52:35 PM Export Repository : Successfully downloaded update 139/140 : 647762a98faa8090d23023bca3643a7b.EXE 280. 2/1/2017 3:52:42 PM Export Repository : Starting to download update 140/140 : Diagnostics_Application_54KCN_LN_4239A33_4239.41.BIN 281. 2/1/2017 3:52:45 PM Export Repository : Exporting catalog... anybody any ideas where to look for this? i am running Windows 2012 R2 on the OME and repo server.
Hi Martijn, thx for delivering the solution. strange thing though that when you select the Catalog file it will not work but when you type the complete share including the catalog.xml it does wor... See more...
Hi Martijn, thx for delivering the solution. strange thing though that when you select the Catalog file it will not work but when you type the complete share including the catalog.xml it does work. but,, no problems here anymore 🙂 so thx. #################################### For others that have this problem here's the solution. When you want to import a repository (catalog.xml) file in another OME instance proceed like this. Go to "System Update" --> "Select a Catalog Source" --> select the second option "Use repository manager file" and select "browse". now DO NOT browse to your file but just type in the complete sharename incl the Catalog.xml at the bottom at "File name". so for example. \\server\share\repository\Catalog.xml. now click open and click import. This worked for me. Goodluck.
Hi All, I am having a problem importing the Catalogfile from the Repository manager on one server into OME on another server. i use a shared drive for this but it returns an error at import. ... See more...
Hi All, I am having a problem importing the Catalogfile from the Repository manager on one server into OME on another server. i use a shared drive for this but it returns an error at import. Import Dell Version Control Catalog for System Update from Z:\Catalog.xml failed.Exception message: SqlDateTime overflow. Must be between 1/1/1753 12:00:00 AM and 12/31/9999 11:59:59 PM..  Please enable/verify proxy settings if required. has anyone encounterred this error before? and was it solved?
Hi there, was this problem resolved because i am facing the same issue here?
Hello Robert, I am trying to get this verified from the guys in the datacenter. Is this port for a specific device to be used? the only thing i can imagine is that it's used for Keyboard or mouse... See more...
Hello Robert, I am trying to get this verified from the guys in the datacenter. Is this port for a specific device to be used? the only thing i can imagine is that it's used for Keyboard or mouse, but could that be the problem? gr Peter
Hi, on my R730xd server i receive iDRAC erro messages: USR0175 The Front Panel USB Port Over Current is detected for the attached device on Disk.USBFront.1. No USB device has... See more...
Hi, on my R730xd server i receive iDRAC erro messages: USR0175 The Front Panel USB Port Over Current is detected for the attached device on Disk.USBFront.1. No USB device has been attached or detached to this server but the errors popup every day.  after some hours the next messages appears USR0176 The Front Panel USB Port Over Current condition is cleared for the attached device Disk.USBFront.1. Again nothing has been done to the server. does anybody knows if this is an firmware issue or something like that, or is something else going on?