dc5dd's Posts

dc5dd's Posts

OK, I've fairly certain that the wifi is working correctly.  Dell has send me the DW1530 so I installed the E6420 driver for DW1530 and it is problem free.   Conclusion:  for some reason Dell is sh... See more...
OK, I've fairly certain that the wifi is working correctly.  Dell has send me the DW1530 so I installed the E6420 driver for DW1530 and it is problem free.   Conclusion:  for some reason Dell is shipping the E6420 with the DW1501 wifi card and not the one listed on the driver page for the E6420.  So if in device manager you see the DW1501 install the driver for the E6410 for DW1501 and if you have the DW1530 install the E6420 driver for the DW1530
It seems to be working.  Uninstalled the driver in device manager, restart, installed the latest driver from E6410 for the DW1501 and then put into hibernate twice and everything is ok.   I'll expe... See more...
It seems to be working.  Uninstalled the driver in device manager, restart, installed the latest driver from E6410 for the DW1501 and then put into hibernate twice and everything is ok.   I'll experiment with it for a week and then select dwvl as the answer if everything goes ok. Thanks dwvl
dwvl, thanks for the reply, this forum should be for helping with these kinds of situations.  I talked to tech support today and they decided that is was a faulty wifi card, sending out a new one (us... See more...
dwvl, thanks for the reply, this forum should be for helping with these kinds of situations.  I talked to tech support today and they decided that is was a faulty wifi card, sending out a new one (useless).  I found the lenovo forum also has this problem apparently more wide spread than I thought. forums.lenovo.com/.../2 Also dwvl I can confirm just as you that this is only with hibernate mode and not a problem with the power options or the power management on the wifi card. I'll report back with the E6410 driver that dwvl is using.
I also restarted the router still does not work
No go, I reinstalled all the device drivers as recommended in the Latitude Efamily Reimage pdf but DID NOT reformat the laptop and then used the DW1501 driver but the problem has gotten worst.  Inste... See more...
No go, I reinstalled all the device drivers as recommended in the Latitude Efamily Reimage pdf but DID NOT reformat the laptop and then used the DW1501 driver but the problem has gotten worst.  Instead of right click on the wifi symbol and troubleshoot, windows now says there is a problem with the wifi adapter???  But if I restart the computer the wifi works again.  Harish anything on this yet?
Update, I've installed the driver for DW1501 and waiting to see if the problem happens again.  It's kind of strange usually dell drivers will not install if it is the incorrect device but this one di... See more...
Update, I've installed the driver for DW1501 and waiting to see if the problem happens again.  It's kind of strange usually dell drivers will not install if it is the incorrect device but this one did???  I'll report back to see if the problem comes back.
Harish, Am I suppose to uninstall all the drivers and install in the order given?  I don't remember which order I installed them in. I checked the power management tab for the wifi and the checkb... See more...
Harish, Am I suppose to uninstall all the drivers and install in the order given?  I don't remember which order I installed them in. I checked the power management tab for the wifi and the checkbox for letting the computer turn the wifi card on and off has been checked I have send the service tag with the friend request. Thanks
Hi all, This must not be a prevalent problem because I tried searching the forum and there was not much to go on anyway here it is. My system is a Dell E6420 with windows 7 Ultimate x64 all the l... See more...
Hi all, This must not be a prevalent problem because I tried searching the forum and there was not much to go on anyway here it is. My system is a Dell E6420 with windows 7 Ultimate x64 all the latest drivers. The problem started when I reformatted my laptop because of a RAM problem that caused the laptop to not boot.  I reinstalled windows  with all the drivers but started noticing that if the laptop was in sleep or hibernate when it woke the wifi would not connect until I did a right click troubleshoot and then it would connect fine.  I'm not sure what the problem is but it never did this before. Also there is a something that I have noticed about the wifi card.  I had thought the laptop comes with DW1501 but when I look up the driver for E6420 with windows 7 x64 it came up with the DW1530 but when I look at the device manager it is the 1501.  So I'm not sure what happen but the driver for the DW1530 x64 was installed successfully, so I'm assuming it is ok.  Any help would be much appreciated.  Thanks
I would like to upgrade from a dual core to a quad core.  Do you guys know the difference between the the dell nvidia nvs 4200m for quad core and for dual core option?  Thanks
Not a problem, sorry I couldn't find the part # if call dell parts department they might be able to help.
The part should be easy to get from the Dell parts department, you just have to know the number.  I'm interested to know if the black RJ11 modem cable is already there??  If the laptop was a little... See more...
The part should be easy to get from the Dell parts department, you just have to know the number.  I'm interested to know if the black RJ11 modem cable is already there??  If the laptop was a little older you could find the modem and the cable on ebay cheap.
I too am interested in this, if the modem has the ability to be added later with all the wiring already there, then that is great, I can save the money now and get it later.  Anyone know the answer... See more...
I too am interested in this, if the modem has the ability to be added later with all the wiring already there, then that is great, I can save the money now and get it later.  Anyone know the answer to this??  But to answer your question I think this webpage should answer your question, I think you need the "orange modem flex-cable".  http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/late6500/en/sm/html/modem.htm#wp1183774 
Thanks ejn63, I also PM you disregard that.  Thanks
Hey anyone know the manufacturer of the 250 gb 7200 rpm hard drive that is going into the Dell XPS M1530.  I have searched around and only found the 200 gb with that speed.  Is it a typo?  Thanks f... See more...
Hey anyone know the manufacturer of the 250 gb 7200 rpm hard drive that is going into the Dell XPS M1530.  I have searched around and only found the 200 gb with that speed.  Is it a typo?  Thanks for the help
Man thanks for the help just started having that trouble wouldn't want to pay $39 though.  That stupid of dell to charge that!  Thanks anyway
No Airation, I'm not the only reason I try to flash the BIOS from the 8600 to D800 is to get the bigger D/dock working and then I just brought the D/port on ebay. The D/port only cost $30 while fry... See more...
No Airation, I'm not the only reason I try to flash the BIOS from the 8600 to D800 is to get the bigger D/dock working and then I just brought the D/port on ebay. The D/port only cost $30 while frying the motherboard could cost alot more. I ask all the "experts" on this forum and have gotten no reply. I believe that my earlier post might work if only I know how to revert back to a earlier BIOS. Any way the downloaded BIOS should work. Try this link http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&releaseid=R103840&SystemID=LAT_PNT_PNT_D800&servicetag=&os=WW1&osl=en&deviceid=3582&devlib=0&typecnt=0&vercnt=3&catid=-1&impid=-1&formatcnt=2&libid=1&fileid=133892
No problem I have found a lot of help on this forum so I believe that I should contribute. For me the latitude D830 with the Montevina platform is worth the wait it might be called something else a... See more...
No problem I have found a lot of help on this forum so I believe that I should contribute. For me the latitude D830 with the Montevina platform is worth the wait it might be called something else after the penryn in the Q3 of next year. The Montevina platform will have several changes including the penryn. Might I suggest that you try to upgrade the 8500 you have like the CPU and the memory so you can hold out a bit longer. I upgraded mine to intel pentium mobile 2.1 GHz and 2 GB of memory. Check the forum for these upgrades.
I'm not going to pretend to be an expert but here is what I know. The Penryn chip is going to come out very soon, I think it is due out on the vostro line in late january. The article is here: http... See more...
I'm not going to pretend to be an expert but here is what I know. The Penryn chip is going to come out very soon, I think it is due out on the vostro line in late january. The article is here: http://www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=4129 When the penryn is initially release there will only be a small improvement with the existing motherboard and hardware so don't expect too much. If you wait to the 3rd or 4th quarter of 2008 that is when you will see the penryn with new hardware. Do a search on Montevina and penryn and you will see if it is worth the wait. I think I will wait for the Montevina if I can given my dell 8600 is getting old but still does a good job of keeping up. Message Edited by dc5dd on 12-29-2007 11:53 PM
That sounds reasonable I should have just done that. I would also like to mention that in my quest to update the BIOS to Latitude D800 from a Inspiron 8600 I have encountered some problems. The mai... See more...
That sounds reasonable I should have just done that. I would also like to mention that in my quest to update the BIOS to Latitude D800 from a Inspiron 8600 I have encountered some problems. The main problem is that I can't do it. I have looked at other posts from johnallg and baywolf but the switch is not working. I have tried to flash in DOS with a combination of the "switches" /nvram, /jabil, /forcetype and /forceit but they do not work. I suspect that if I can downgrade the BIOS to a earlier version of the 8600 and switch to the D800 and upgrade from there that that might work. I haven't tried yet. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks for the help, hope dell well offer both!