Yury_mak's Posts

Yury_mak's Posts

Actually laptop was going to sleep OK but then it was awakening for unknown reason. It looks like this E5430 was shipped with incorrect settings. I am not sure what step exactly fixed this issue,... See more...
Actually laptop was going to sleep OK but then it was awakening for unknown reason. It looks like this E5430 was shipped with incorrect settings. I am not sure what step exactly fixed this issue, but you can find description of most of them in http://helpdeskgeek.com/windows-7/windows-7-will-not-sleep/. Only verification of scheduled task using Task Scheduler GUI is not described there. I skipped "Method 1 – Update Drivers" (I did not believe that it was required for a brand new laptop) and tried everything else. Eventually Sleep mode started working OK.
Actually laptop was going to sleep OK but then it was awakening for unknown reason.  It looks like this E5430 was shipped with incorrect settings. I am not sure what step exactly fixed this issue,... See more...
Actually laptop was going to sleep OK but then it was awakening for unknown reason.  It looks like this E5430 was shipped with incorrect settings. I am not sure what step exactly fixed this issue, but you can find description of most of them in http://helpdeskgeek.com/windows-7/windows-7-will-not-sleep/. Only verification of scheduled task using Task Scheduler GUI is not described there. I skipped "Method 1 – Update Drivers" (I did not believe that it was required for a brand new laptop) and tried everything else. Eventually Sleep mode started working OK.
Actually laptop was going to sleep OK but then it was awakening for unknown reason. It looks like this E5430 was shipped with incorrect settings. I am not sure what step exactly fixed this issue,... See more...
Actually laptop was going to sleep OK but then it was awakening for unknown reason. It looks like this E5430 was shipped with incorrect settings. I am not sure what step exactly fixed this issue, but you can find description of most of them in http://helpdeskgeek.com/windows-7/windows-7-will-not-sleep/. Only verification of scheduled task using Task Scheduler GUI is not described there. I skipped "Method 1 – Update Drivers" (I did not believe that it was required for a brand new laptop) and tried everything else. Eventually Sleep mode started working OK.
My new Latitude E5430 with Windows 7 doesn't go to sleep. Monitor becomes black, but HDD indicator light shows some periodic activity and a laptop doesn't cool down. It immediately shows a Login ... See more...
My new Latitude E5430 with Windows 7 doesn't go to sleep. Monitor becomes black, but HDD indicator light shows some periodic activity and a laptop doesn't cool down. It immediately shows a Login screen when I touch a touchpad. 
Fixit reported: "The selected drive is not capable of writing, if you have several CD/DVD drives try using another drive, otherwise you may need to install a CD/DVD writer." I have not expecte... See more...
Fixit reported: "The selected drive is not capable of writing, if you have several CD/DVD drives try using another drive, otherwise you may need to install a CD/DVD writer." I have not expected to find only DVD reader not capable of writing in this laptop. emoticon.Sad.title I understand that I need to buy a DVD-R/W and install it instead of the current DVD-ROM drive.
I expected to be able to burn a CD/DVD with "TSSTcorp DVD-ROM SN-108FB" in my E5430 but am not able to do this. Does it mean that "TSSTcorp DVD-ROM SN-108FB" can read CDs/DVDs but is not able to wr... See more...
I expected to be able to burn a CD/DVD with "TSSTcorp DVD-ROM SN-108FB" in my E5430 but am not able to do this. Does it mean that "TSSTcorp DVD-ROM SN-108FB" can read CDs/DVDs but is not able to write?