rodsavard's Posts

rodsavard's Posts

Dell support was able to resolve the issue. They had to run a SQL script against the OMEssentials database to fix some problems....
Looks like part of my problem is because OMSA 9.1 doesn't enable the inventory collector by default. Going to do that on all our machines, reinventory, and see if it clears up the issue with the "No... See more...
Looks like part of my problem is because OMSA 9.1 doesn't enable the inventory collector by default. Going to do that on all our machines, reinventory, and see if it clears up the issue with the "Non-Inventoried" servers. Still not sure why the "Non-Compliant" servers tab is blank most of the time.
SNMP config didn't change. The string stayed the same.  It just stopped working properly starting with 2.4. As mentioned in my original post, running an "inventory" doesn't help.
We are discovering servers through OMSA (SNMP). Configuration for this hasn't changed for the past several versions of OME, and it worked great before 2.4. I will try to contact Dell support when I... See more...
We are discovering servers through OMSA (SNMP). Configuration for this hasn't changed for the past several versions of OME, and it worked great before 2.4. I will try to contact Dell support when I have a chance but if you have guidance it would be appreciated.
Since upgrading to OME 2.4 we are having a problem with the System Update section. Most of our servers show up on the "Non-Inventoried Systems" tab.  We have an inventory job scheduled to run every ... See more...
Since upgrading to OME 2.4 we are having a problem with the System Update section. Most of our servers show up on the "Non-Inventoried Systems" tab.  We have an inventory job scheduled to run every day.  And manually inventorying a server does not resolve the problem. Also, most of the time the "Non-Compliant Systems" tab is empty.  We expect most of our servers to show up here as almost all of them need at least one update.  Sometimes after navigating around OME and coming back to this tab there will be many servers listed.  But then later it is empty again. Any idea what the problem may be?
Oh, I didn't realize you could add file attachments here.  Let me know if this works...
Ok I have the crash dump file, please let me know where I should send it... Email or...?
Sure, where is the crash dump file stored?
Can you forward the crash dump info shown above to the development team?
It is installed... any other ideas?
Just trying to launch the shell is where it crashes, before I actually try to use it to do anything useful.
I looked at the white paper and don't see where it talks about problems like what I'm experiencing.
1. 2008 R2 2. ASP.NET is installed under the role Web Server/Application Development.  It doesn't say 3.5 though. 3. This was an upgrade over OME 2.2
If I try to launch the "Essentials Command Line Interface", it crashes immediately. Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: LaunchOMEPowerShell.exe Application Ve... See more...
If I try to launch the "Essentials Command Line Interface", it crashes immediately. Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: LaunchOMEPowerShell.exe Application Version: 2.0.0.0 Application Timestamp: 53d9e5ea Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.23807 Fault Module Timestamp: 5915fe14 Exception Code: c06d007e Exception Offset: 000000000001a06d OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.274.10 Locale ID: 1033 Additional Information 1: 79df Additional Information 2: 79dfbcacf61883e68177790c5410ed25 Additional Information 3: 0444 Additional Information 4: 044472da9886650748b7f9e90698292f
Did an upgrade from OME 2.2 to 2.3.  I now have both SupportAssist 2.2 and SupportAssist Enterprise installed.  Are they both supposed to be there?
I'm using UEFI boot mode with secure boot enabled.  Works fine for me.  Yeah you can't change between UEFI and legacy/BIOS boot mode without reinstalling Windows as far as I know.
Yeah I'm only seeing ~800MB/sec with my 512GB Samsung 950.  The Samsung software reports 1x PCIe lanes ... I'm hoping it is really not a hardware limitation but some firmware bug that can be resolved... See more...
Yeah I'm only seeing ~800MB/sec with my 512GB Samsung 950.  The Samsung software reports 1x PCIe lanes ... I'm hoping it is really not a hardware limitation but some firmware bug that can be resolved in a future BIOS update.  For now I'm thinking of buying a PCIe M2 adapter....
Very annoying that this problem still hasn't been resolved!
Check the DRAC and look at the Lifecycle Log.  It will show you if there was an error while attempting to update the power supply firmware.
Great, thank you!