melmacian's Posts

melmacian's Posts

Howdy Folks, I have a 3 year old Inspiration 580. Lots of upgrades and was working great. It originally came with Win 7. I decided to upgrade to Win 8.1 Pro. The install blitzed the old OS completel... See more...
Howdy Folks, I have a 3 year old Inspiration 580. Lots of upgrades and was working great. It originally came with Win 7. I decided to upgrade to Win 8.1 Pro. The install blitzed the old OS completely, and then was so querky I had to remove it. I was unable to keep the 8.1 OS stable although I spent +++++++++ hours trying every trick in the book to do so. Eventually I realized I had to revert back to Win 7 which was as always as solid as a rock. Current Problem: I don't have my original Dell OS restore disks anymore to install Win 7 back on the system. Also the Win 8.1 restore OS function didn't work. So I installed a legitimate Win 7.0 Home Premium Upgrade to get running again. Worked great. However, it's 30 days and the OS is requesting activation and I don't have a Win Product code. The Win 7 upgrade's product code is not accepted by Microsoft as an OS. So, now no original OS disks, an upgrade that doesn't have the requested product code and as of today the OS will "dumbify" itself, taking away functionality. Any suggestions? Can I get another copy of the OS from Dell? Even just a product code would work since the system is working great. I could really use some help folks!! Melmacian