BNS1968's Posts

BNS1968's Posts

How can I get the setting so that when my end user logs on the number pad is accessible without having to press "numlock" every time? Is there a BIOS setting to change this? Thank you!
Nice and I just found a way to enable it without a TPM. I would post the link but it is from another site, am I permitted to do that here? Some sites don't like that.
From what I have seen and tried only Enterprise version(s) supports BitLocker. Windows 7 — Enterprise or Ultimate edition
Thank you, although we went with an alternative solution to BitLocker, this is valuable information going forward.
Dell was on my PC and I was on the phone with them. We were testing for a couple hours. We needed to have Windows 7 Enterprise installed so that we would be able to use BitLocker. It will not work wi... See more...
Dell was on my PC and I was on the phone with them. We were testing for a couple hours. We needed to have Windows 7 Enterprise installed so that we would be able to use BitLocker. It will not work with Windows 7 Pro.
Yes, Dell remotely accessed my PC and did it. Once they did we tested with a USB 3.0 and still was not able to move ahead.
Dell Support did, they accessed my PC over a remote connection and did it.
We were using USB 3.0 Media, same result. I will read the rest of the article but from the gist of what I am seeing this needs to be done with USB 3.0 which was done and the same instance occurred. ... See more...
We were using USB 3.0 Media, same result. I will read the rest of the article but from the gist of what I am seeing this needs to be done with USB 3.0 which was done and the same instance occurred. Many thanks for your answer.
Hello, we have a dell 3510 laptop that no matter what we tried we were unable to install the Windows 7 64 bit enterprise edition. I worked with Dell on this and even they could not get it to work., W... See more...
Hello, we have a dell 3510 laptop that no matter what we tried we were unable to install the Windows 7 64 bit enterprise edition. I worked with Dell on this and even they could not get it to work., We switched the BIOS from UEFI to Legacy and switched the RAIDon to AHCP and there was the third thing which I have a hard time recalling, I think it was boot off of CD, and the setting was set correctly. We spent hours trying to do this to no avail. I tried the DVD and USB, at one point it looked as if it was going to install the O/S but we got a box that came up asking us to search for Drivers, I was able to see the 'C" drive and the "X" It asked to Load driver, but no matter what we tried, it did not work. Below is as far as I was able to get. I even ran the F6 Driver Utility and still it was a no-go. I had another PC to try it with but when I switched from UEFI to Legacy it was as if there was no OS at all and I had to switch it back.
I have a Dell Latitude E6420 with Windows 7 as the OS, not matter what I do, the Dell Client System updates fails. Is there any other way to do this, also why is this happening? Thank you
I work with the E6420 up to the E6440 and I don't like the idea of having to remove the entire back panel to work with RAM. On other laptops, there is a slot to work with the RAM without having to re... See more...
I work with the E6420 up to the E6440 and I don't like the idea of having to remove the entire back panel to work with RAM. On other laptops, there is a slot to work with the RAM without having to remove the entire back panel.
I have some systems, that no matter what I do, they will not boot from the Onboard NIC. I hit F12, and checked the  BIOS, and I see that it is at Version A16. I also saw that UEFI was enabled, I have... See more...
I have some systems, that no matter what I do, they will not boot from the Onboard NIC. I hit F12, and checked the  BIOS, and I see that it is at Version A16. I also saw that UEFI was enabled, I have disabled that and made everything Legacy. No matter what I do, I cannot get many of these systems to boot off of the OnBoard NIC. We are using SCCM, and some systems DO work, but for the most part I have to end up running an image from bootable CD and External HD. PXE is enabled. Thank you in advance. B-