stratolynne1's Posts

stratolynne1's Posts

We will be working on a migration from CX3 to CX4 this winter.   In a prep meeting today, we discussed having a database storage pool.  We have about 12 VMs that host Oracle databases.   We also ... See more...
We will be working on a migration from CX3 to CX4 this winter.   In a prep meeting today, we discussed having a database storage pool.  We have about 12 VMs that host Oracle databases.   We also have a SQL cluster (physical).  One of the Admins was thinking that VMs and the SQL cluster servers could access the database storage pool.   Is this possible where physical servers and Virtual Machines access the same storage pool? Appreciating any responses.
Here's clarification to my question: There was not a failed disk in the Enclosure 6 Disk 0 slot.  It was a good one.   We did a proactive hot spare copy of that one.   We then took that disk o... See more...
Here's clarification to my question: There was not a failed disk in the Enclosure 6 Disk 0 slot.  It was a good one.   We did a proactive hot spare copy of that one.   We then took that disk out and replaced it with another good one.    Hence,  The disk I'm asking about is the first one in Enclosure 6 Disk 0 slot.  It was good when it was removed.  So the data it had on it from the original Raid Set and LUNs is still on it -- obviously only bits and pieces.  Anyway to initialize this drive so its ready to be used again if needed? Does this make my question more understandable? Thanks!
We have a locally owned spare SATA drive for a CX320 that is to be used for a replacement drive when there is time gap between a drive going bad and the maintenance vendor providing a replacement... See more...
We have a locally owned spare SATA drive for a CX320 that is to be used for a replacement drive when there is time gap between a drive going bad and the maintenance vendor providing a replacement.  We recently used this spare drive.  Then when we got the replacement, we did a proactive hot spare copy of this locally owned spare in preparation of swapping in the replacement.  We got these messages from the locally owned spare and the hot spare - we don't know if these messages were when the proactive hot spare copy ended:      Enclosure 1 Disk 13 Description Unit Shutdown      Array Enclosure (Bus 0 Enclosure) is faulted. Servers may have lost access to disk drives in this enclosure.      Device Enclosure 6 Disk 0 Description Disk (Bus 0 Enclosure 6 Disk 0) is faulted.      Storage Array Faulted Bus 0 Enclosure 6 : Faulted Bus 0 Enclosure 6 Disk 0 : Removed.      Storage Array Faulted Bus 0 Enclosure 6 : Faulted Bus 0 Enclosure 6 Disk 0 : Removed.      Enclosure 6 Disk 0 Description CRU Powered Down      Description Disk (Bus 0 Enclosure 6 Disk 0) failed or was physically removed.      SPA Device Enclosure 1 Disk 13 Description Unit Shutdown.       Enclosure 1 Disk 13 was where the proactive hot spare copy was being written.       Enclosure 6 Disk 0 was where the locally owned spare SATA drive was.       Are these the messages I would get when the proactive hot spare copy completed?       Now the locally owned spare has been replaced with the vendor provided disk.       My other questions are:  anyway to know that the locally owned spare is still good?  anyway to initialize this disk so while its sitting waiting for its next use we know there is no data on it?        Appreciating any experience, advice, etc.
We set up a special account for vFoglight to access vCenter.  But now we want to get the permissions set up in vCenter.  Can someone share what they have done with permissions to set up so the data c... See more...
We set up a special account for vFoglight to access vCenter.  But now we want to get the permissions set up in vCenter.  Can someone share what they have done with permissions to set up so the data collector will not error out.  Right now we have it set to all but we would like to have only the minimum permissions necessary. Appreicating any suggestions.
I meant the database not the account required for Virtual Center connectivity. The associated database is Oracle.   We are using the Virtual Center database and it had an original password of less... See more...
I meant the database not the account required for Virtual Center connectivity. The associated database is Oracle.   We are using the Virtual Center database and it had an original password of less than 12 characters.  The vFoglight installation wanted at least 12 characters for the Database Account password.  Now we are trying to get them in synch without a re-install. Does that make sense?
Is there a way to change the password for the vCenter database in vFoglight 6.6.2 without having to do an entire installation or re-configuration?
On vFoglight 6.5,  Virtual Environment Summary Quick-View, the icons for CPU Utilization, Memory Utilization, Network I/O, Disk I/O are grayed out.  However, we are getting email alerts about various... See more...
On vFoglight 6.5,  Virtual Environment Summary Quick-View, the icons for CPU Utilization, Memory Utilization, Network I/O, Disk I/O are grayed out.  However, we are getting email alerts about various thresholds being reached.  I have already tried rebooting the system. Can someone provide any ideas to what the problem is and how to revoke? Thanks.
We installed a vFoglight 6.5 on a Windows 2008 server today.  We went into the Administrator Licenses to modify the license.  What happens is that the display is very quick and then we only see a bla... See more...
We installed a vFoglight 6.5 on a Windows 2008 server today.  We went into the Administrator Licenses to modify the license.  What happens is that the display is very quick and then we only see a blank page.  Any one have any ideas about what is happening and how to fix it?   Thanks!
We installed a new vFoglight today and found the time on the Administration page to be 3 hours off.  Where does that time come from?  Can it be changed?     I thought the time on the server was th... See more...
We installed a new vFoglight today and found the time on the Administration page to be 3 hours off.  Where does that time come from?  Can it be changed?     I thought the time on the server was the correct time.   Thanks.
Hi all,   Can some one help me to get rid of one version of Virtual Center in vFoglight 6.5?  We have two entries so there are multiple VMs, DataStores, etc...  We recently had to re-build vCenter... See more...
Hi all,   Can some one help me to get rid of one version of Virtual Center in vFoglight 6.5?  We have two entries so there are multiple VMs, DataStores, etc...  We recently had to re-build vCenter and I think that is when this started.   Thanks.
Can someone point me to where I can get performance info on disk latency with vFoglight 6.5?
Hi, What is the End of Life status for the Clariion CX 320? Thanks!