Albertwt's Posts

Albertwt's Posts

Mikus, Yes please, if you can clarify this matter, that would be greatly appreciated. I'd like to know how can I leverage the EMC DataDomain hardware for Deduplication on the Exchange archi... See more...
Mikus, Yes please, if you can clarify this matter, that would be greatly appreciated. I'd like to know how can I leverage the EMC DataDomain hardware for Deduplication on the Exchange archive mailbox database. So far that I know, the DataDomain deduplication enabled LUN can only be represented as CIFS share.
Hi Mikus, Yeah, I wonder if it is fully supported by both Microsoft and EMC to use the Archived mailbox database using \\UNC path to the EMC DataDomain 2500. The backup software I'm using i... See more...
Hi Mikus, Yeah, I wonder if it is fully supported by both Microsoft and EMC to use the Archived mailbox database using \\UNC path to the EMC DataDomain 2500. The backup software I'm using is Symantec Netbackup v7.6
Hi All, Can anyone here please share me some documentation or steps that I can implement to deploy Exchange Server 2013 database (Archive Mailbox only) to the Data Domain ? This web page: h... See more...
Hi All, Can anyone here please share me some documentation or steps that I can implement to deploy Exchange Server 2013 database (Archive Mailbox only) to the Data Domain ? This web page: https://store.emc.com/us/Product-Family/DATA-DOMAIN-PRODUCTS/Data-Domain-DD2500/p/DDM-DataDomain-DD2500 it says that Exchange Server is supported. The only way to use the Data Deduplication is using the CIFS share through \\UNC path, But according to Microsoft web page Exchange 2013 storage configuration options: Exchange 2013 Help at the bottom of the page: DataDe-Duplication: Not Supported for Exchange database files. Note: Can be used for Exchange database files that are completely offline (used as backups or archives).
Ok, I've just came from the Data Center and it was easy to install 🙂 So basically here's what I did: 1. Find the 2x empty LCC connection "outer skirt" on the top DAE marked with "diamond... See more...
Ok, I've just came from the Data Center and it was easy to install 🙂 So basically here's what I did: 1. Find the 2x empty LCC connection "outer skirt" on the top DAE marked with "diamond" symbol 2. attach the LCC cable with same colour label and Diamond symbol printed on the LCC connector to the empty connection as described above. 3. On the new DAE, make sure to insert the other end of the cable to the "inner skirt" of the connectors with circle symbol. 4. once it is all connected, plug in the power cable and wait for 5 minutes 5. open up USM and do the sanity check. 6. provision the Storage Pool / RAID group
Thanks man, I'll sleep peacefully and enjoy the rest of my weekend after attaching the DAE then 🙂
ok, where can I download the USM from ? so in regards to the cabling, is there any guide line or which port that I need to plug in the cable first and then the next one safely ?
Hi Folks, Can anyone here please share the best practice of DAE cabling and how is the best way to attach the additional DAE to the VNX 5500 array ? and please let me know the caveats and p... See more...
Hi Folks, Can anyone here please share the best practice of DAE cabling and how is the best way to attach the additional DAE to the VNX 5500 array ? and please let me know the caveats and pitfalls so that I don't harm the existing data in the Storage array since it is running on Production. Cheers.
I got the file from the Support Engineer after initiating the Live Chat. here's the Link for the latest version that I got: https://download.emc.com/downloads/DL14101_EMCOPY_File_migration_too... See more...
I got the file from the Support Engineer after initiating the Live Chat. here's the Link for the latest version that I got: https://download.emc.com/downloads/DL14101_EMCOPY_File_migration_tool_4.17.exe
Where and how to download EMCopy ?
Dynamox, How is that tool any different than Microsoft Robocopy ?
Thanks Rainer, is that supported tools by EMC ?
Hi People, Can anyone here please share the file copy utility that is provided by EMC to successfully migrate files from NTFS drive (EMC VNX) to CIFS share (EMC Data Domain) ? At the moment... See more...
Hi People, Can anyone here please share the file copy utility that is provided by EMC to successfully migrate files from NTFS drive (EMC VNX) to CIFS share (EMC Data Domain) ? At the moment I'm using Robocopy to migrate 8 TB+ data and the throughput rate is way too slow, it is only manage to migrate 425 GB over the past 2 days.
Hi All, I'm in the process to migrate 17 TB of data across 17 NTFS drives used by my Symantec Enterprise Vault into EMC Data Domain CIFS share. Because it is over the 1 GB Virtual network, th... See more...
Hi All, I'm in the process to migrate 17 TB of data across 17 NTFS drives used by my Symantec Enterprise Vault into EMC Data Domain CIFS share. Because it is over the 1 GB Virtual network, the transfer speed is way too slow and some error like the Error 5 Access Denied in creating the directory are also stopping me to migrate very big data to the CIFS share. Is there any way for me to get EMC version data migration utility other than using Robocopy ? The 17 drives are all Physical RDM LUNs presented to the EV 9 VM as Physical compatibility NTFS RDM. Thanks
Ah, I cannot / haven't seen it before. So do i need to install anything on my laptop or can i enable this using a specific serial number ?
I'm not sure, where to look for that tab or configuration ? is that paid / licensed feature ?
Hi All, I'm currently investigating of VMware Virtual Machine (Exchange Server) with Physical RDM LUN attached for the mailbox server performance issue in my VNX5300 array. How to view the ... See more...
Hi All, I'm currently investigating of VMware Virtual Machine (Exchange Server) with Physical RDM LUN attached for the mailbox server performance issue in my VNX5300 array. How to view the LUN latency and also the IOPS in realtime ? I can get the value above from VMware using ESXtop, but not sure how to get the same value for the specific LUN using Unisphere. thanks.
Hi, In VNX5300, where can I find the option to encrypt one LUN only with a secure passphrase so that I can present it as 2 TB NTFS RDM to the VMware to be used as a file server ? Thanks.
Dynamox, The partition Style according to Windows Disk management console when I right click says MBR or Master Boot Record. So is there any way to do it ?
Hi people, Can anyone here please suggest me what is the best step to extending 1 TB NTFS LUN that I have presented on my VNX 5300 array as file server LUN into 4 TB without data loss or downt... See more...
Hi people, Can anyone here please suggest me what is the best step to extending 1 TB NTFS LUN that I have presented on my VNX 5300 array as file server LUN into 4 TB without data loss or downtime ? The 1 TB LUN is currently presented to the ESXi hosts as physical RDM attached to the file server Virtual Machine. Thanks
Ah Ok, thank you for the additional information. I can confirm that this LUN that I'd like to copy or migrate is not the Private LUN.