laptopguy22's Posts

laptopguy22's Posts

Hi just like ieee488 it is cheaper buying elsewhere. Although I have not seen the replacement drives dell was showing you,  I would recommend that you buy this one new egg where it seems to be at the... See more...
Hi just like ieee488 it is cheaper buying elsewhere. Although I have not seen the replacement drives dell was showing you,  I would recommend that you buy this one new egg where it seems to be at the lowest price, and yes there are western digital alternatives, just about any 3.5" SATA HDD should work fine. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148840
Ok thanks. Now I understand.
My old laptop has windows 7 and since my laptop was falling apart I am looking to buy a new one but I still want to run windows 7 on the new laptop so will putting the hard drive and memory from my ol... See more...
My old laptop has windows 7 and since my laptop was falling apart I am looking to buy a new one but I still want to run windows 7 on the new laptop so will putting the hard drive and memory from my old one let the new one run windows 7 and let me me access my files and media. Or will I have to re install windows 7. Also I don't want to spend too much money one the new one so that means it will not have a better Intel processor so can I also transfer the CPU from the old one to the new one. My old laptop is a dell vostro 3700 runing windows 7pro 64 bit and has a Intel i5 with 500gb hard drive and 4gb memory. The new one I am thinking of getting is a dell inspirion i3531-1200bk with windows8.1 and with Intel Celeron n283. Thanks