x3mzone's Posts

x3mzone's Posts

Hi, I changed the entire assembly (fan and heatpipe), with no major temp changes (-3 degrees difference). Now i use CPUGenie application (no longer marketed) which can lower my CPU voltage. Curren... See more...
Hi, I changed the entire assembly (fan and heatpipe), with no major temp changes (-3 degrees difference). Now i use CPUGenie application (no longer marketed) which can lower my CPU voltage. Currently, the maximum temperature at I was able to get, was 81 degrees C, after 30min with CPUBurn. I found no other solutions. And believe me, I tried everything else: - Mail to Dell - Phone calls to Dell - Updates and downgrade BIOS - Changed all cooling system I recommend you do a search for CPUGenie application and give it a try. You have nothing to lose. No performance decrease. Only lower temps. All the best, Stefan Szasz
I have a Dell Latitude E4300 with overheating. My laptop heats up all too quickly and reaches 100 * C full load . The representative told me that the only solution is to change the cooling system o... See more...
I have a Dell Latitude E4300 with overheating. My laptop heats up all too quickly and reaches 100 * C full load . The representative told me that the only solution is to change the cooling system or motherboard . I did more research and it looks like is a very common problem with this model of laptop. After weeks of researches (I changed the cooling system), I found a solution that I want to share with you : My CPU is a Intel P9500 ( SLGAA , rev E0 ) which have V-Core support between 0.9V - 1.175V, but can operate without performance loss between 0.90V and 1.10V (according to Intel). It was nice to see that after changing the ACPI table as follows: 0.925V @ 800MHz 0.975V @ 1600MHz 1.025V @ 2000MHz 1.037V @ 2400MHz The benchmarks performance remained unchanged 100%, but the temperature dropped to 20°C! 20 degrees celsius is enormous for a processor reaches 100 degrees. The software i used: cpugenie (no longer sells. there are only torrents) Stefan Szasz