Hawkeye4077's Posts

Hawkeye4077's Posts

PCIe Video cards work just fine. My T20 was for a time setup to act as both a File server and HTPC via XBMCBuntu. I used a ATI HD5670 card without issue. The only issue obviously is that there is no ... See more...
PCIe Video cards work just fine. My T20 was for a time setup to act as both a File server and HTPC via XBMCBuntu. I used a ATI HD5670 card without issue. The only issue obviously is that there is no 6pin PCIe for a higher powered video card, but any that draw power via the PCIe slot should work just fine.
I'm in the process of installing Server 2012R2 on my T20 and after getting the OS setup on my RocketRaid 2720 (due to the fact the T20 only supports 2 SATA 6gbs devices), I enabled Intel Raid in bios... See more...
I'm in the process of installing Server 2012R2 on my T20 and after getting the OS setup on my RocketRaid 2720 (due to the fact the T20 only supports 2 SATA 6gbs devices), I enabled Intel Raid in bios and upon reboot, the Intel Raid bios comes up, I can configure the drives plugged into the onboard SATA ports, however the bios for the 2720 no longer comes up. In the bios I cannot find any settings for changes to allow an addin card's bios to function. So I popped the 2720 in my supermicro server and enabled the on-board Raid and both raid controller bios come up and allow configuration. I assume all we need is a bios update, so..... lets go Dell!!
That doesn't sound right. The server by default ships with 4 SATA power connectors. 2 for the bottom caddies, 2 for upper 2 caddies. However The cable might not have enough space between connectors. ... See more...
That doesn't sound right. The server by default ships with 4 SATA power connectors. 2 for the bottom caddies, 2 for upper 2 caddies. However The cable might not have enough space between connectors. As others have said you will need an extension. I made my own.
What about the Xeon CPUs that don't have GPUs in them? Obviously I would use a pci-e video card to make up for it. Code Name Haswell                    Haswell                 ... See more...
What about the Xeon CPUs that don't have GPUs in them? Obviously I would use a pci-e video card to make up for it. Code Name Haswell                    Haswell                    Processor Number E3-1230 v3 E3-1220 v3 # of Cores 4 4 # of Threads 8 4 Clock Speed 3.3 GHz 3.1 GHz Max Turbo Frequency 3.7 GHz 3.5 GHz Max TDP 80 W 80 W Thermal Solution Specification PCG 2013D PCG 2013D Recommended Customer Price BOX : $250.00TRAY: $240.00 BOX : $203.00TRAY: $193.00