shipinomore's Posts

shipinomore's Posts

can't figure out how to move the post so I re did a new post.
I have updated the processor from an E2200 to an Intel E6500 and that was to enable the feature for VM's Is there a processor for this model that will support SLAT second level address translatio... See more...
I have updated the processor from an E2200 to an Intel E6500 and that was to enable the feature for VM's Is there a processor for this model that will support SLAT second level address translation? I am trying to install Hyper- V in windows 10 Pro and my Intel E6500 does not support it. thank You Shipinomore
Is there a processor for this model that will support SLAT second level address translation? I am trying to install Hyper- V in windows 10 Pro and my Intel E6500 does not support it. thank You Shipin... See more...
Is there a processor for this model that will support SLAT second level address translation? I am trying to install Hyper- V in windows 10 Pro and my Intel E6500 does not support it. thank You Shipinomore
Is there a processor for this model that will support SLAT second level address translation? I am trying to install Hyper- V in windows 10 Pro and my Intel E6500 does not support it. thank You ... See more...
Is there a processor for this model that will support SLAT second level address translation? I am trying to install Hyper- V in windows 10 Pro and my Intel E6500 does not support it. thank You Shipinomore
My current system is a Dell 760 Optiplex. I have increased the memory to 8gig. Also upgraded the processor to E6500. I did this to be able to run VM. After installing windows 10 Pro I tried to run ... See more...
My current system is a Dell 760 Optiplex. I have increased the memory to 8gig. Also upgraded the processor to E6500. I did this to be able to run VM. After installing windows 10 Pro I tried to run Hyper-V and the current processor will not handle the addressing required by this software. Something about upper level addressing? Has anyone out there running Hyper-V on this system and if so what Intel processor do you have. Shipinomore.
Hi natakuc4 thank you for replying. Windows 10 on the upgrades after doing the upgrade you can create a install ISO on a bootable USB in order to use this when you boot your machine you have to s... See more...
Hi natakuc4 thank you for replying. Windows 10 on the upgrades after doing the upgrade you can create a install ISO on a bootable USB in order to use this when you boot your machine you have to select either cd dvd or usb. I believe that Ubuntu also allows this in Linux but usually use DVD's burned from the iso image. Larry
problems trying to select a usb device at start-up to install an OS One of the things Windows 10 OS is doing is allowing the creation of a USB stick with the OS on it. I have tried setting the bo... See more...
problems trying to select a usb device at start-up to install an OS One of the things Windows 10 OS is doing is allowing the creation of a USB stick with the OS on it. I have tried setting the boot sequence so that at start up F12 I can select the device and after the install process that it will restart and boot from the hard drive. My system is the optiplex 760   8gig memory    16500 processor    VM selected. so far I have Onboard or USB Floppy Drive USB Drive Sata0-st3160815AS Onboard or USB CD-Rom Drive No matter how I arrange these four options either it will not find the usb device and cause an device error or it will find the USB and when it restarts will cause an error. It does perform properly when I use a dvd for the process.  Larry
I have a Optiplex 760 which had a Intel E2200 processor. I then upgraded it to a E6500 in order to use VT-x for vertual technology. Now when I was using Widnows 10 Tech Review I was trying to take ad... See more...
I have a Optiplex 760 which had a Intel E2200 processor. I then upgraded it to a E6500 in order to use VT-x for vertual technology. Now when I was using Widnows 10 Tech Review I was trying to take advantage of Hyper-V and get an error about second level processing? Is there a processor that would fit the 760 that would allow this vertual technology and also the second level addressing that is required? Larry
I had the same issue before. I had the E2200 on the OptiPlex 760 and got a E6500 refurbished one for 18 dollars from China and it is in and works great. the bios was a16. right now running Windows ... See more...
I had the same issue before. I had the E2200 on the OptiPlex 760 and got a E6500 refurbished one for 18 dollars from China and it is in and works great. the bios was a16. right now running Windows 10 TR and various Linux distros running VMPlayer 7.0 and is working fine. Larry.
this machine has a dual processor e2200. I received a msg. from Dell-Justin C regarding VT -x options in processors. Can anyone tell me the socket number on the motherboard ? I have a list of p... See more...
this machine has a dual processor e2200. I received a msg. from Dell-Justin C regarding VT -x options in processors. Can anyone tell me the socket number on the motherboard ? I have a list of processors that work and I cannot determine the socket number Thank You Larry
How do I find out what is needed to allow use of VT -x on this machine. I have a pentium Dual processor CPU E2200 @ 2.20MHz   [Amin Note: Service Tag Edited per TOU policy] I cannot find the mo... See more...
How do I find out what is needed to allow use of VT -x on this machine. I have a pentium Dual processor CPU E2200 @ 2.20MHz   [Amin Note: Service Tag Edited per TOU policy] I cannot find the motherboard info? I tried to follow some threads from some time ago but could get much info out of them. the machine is out of warranty.  shipinomore