45matai's Posts

45matai's Posts

I'm not sure, I didn't set up the Linux machine.  Are there instructions on how to set it up and configure it?
We're getting very slow backups to our Data Domain 640.  We're getting an average transfer rate of 2-3MB/s.  We're using Veeam7 to backup, here are some of the bottleneck reports: Load: Source... See more...
We're getting very slow backups to our Data Domain 640.  We're getting an average transfer rate of 2-3MB/s.  We're using Veeam7 to backup, here are some of the bottleneck reports: Load: Source 10% > Proxy 9% > Network 0% > Target 88% Load: Source 20% > Proxy 14% > Network 2% > Target 98% Load: Source 63% > Proxy 23% > Network 31% > Target 68% Load: Source 8% > Proxy 20% > Network 0% > Target 99% We're backing up from a Nutanix cluster to the Data Domain.  We're using NFS and a Linux mount.  We're only on 1GbE for the Data Domain and we don't have BOOST yet.  I was reading online that people with a similar setup are getting a speed over 100MB/s. Does anybody have any ideas? Thanks!
Ok, cool, so I thought I had a CIFS share all setup, I've verified that the AD integration is working.  I'm still having problems with authentication to the CIFS share. I'm on version 5.4.08 s... See more...
Ok, cool, so I thought I had a CIFS share all setup, I've verified that the AD integration is working.  I'm still having problems with authentication to the CIFS share. I'm on version 5.4.08 so I should set permissions through the web GUI, correct? I set it up with these parameters: Hostname:  hbeddr01.corp.*****.org Share Name:  CIFS Directory Path:  /backup Client:  hbeinf01.*****.org User/Group:  corp.*****.org/server admins Allow Browsing:  checked Writeable:  checked My account is part of the server admins group but when I go to hbeinf01 and navigate to //hbeddr01/cifs I'm prompted to authenticate but I get rejected every time.  Do I need to reboot the data domain, or am I doing something wrong? Thanks!
So it is possible. How do you setup the CIFS share and access it?
Is there a way I can send a backup job to the Data Domain 640 directly from Windows and SQL backup?  Thanks!
Hey, I'm trying to setup email alerts on a Data Domain 640.  We use a cloud hosted exchange with Office 365.  The mail server is set as smtp.office365.com.  The Admin Email is datadomain@our... See more...
Hey, I'm trying to setup email alerts on a Data Domain 640.  We use a cloud hosted exchange with Office 365.  The mail server is set as smtp.office365.com.  The Admin Email is datadomain@ourcompany.com and I left the Admin Host blank.  On other systems I set the port as 587, use SSL and enter credentials, is there not a way to do this with the DD OS? Thanks