E5-2660's Posts

E5-2660's Posts

I have subscribed to the updates emails from Dell and was informed about the BIOS update for the R7415 to version 1.0.9, release date 5/23/2018. But my server als already BIOS 1.3.6. So was this vers... See more...
I have subscribed to the updates emails from Dell and was informed about the BIOS update for the R7415 to version 1.0.9, release date 5/23/2018. But my server als already BIOS 1.3.6. So was this version recalled? Should I downgrade to 1.0.9? Will I lose legacy BIOS support (which I currently still need)?
Dear Daniel, completely removing power from the system, that's what helped here. After that, I could upload update packages to the iDRAC. One stange thing has happened though, the firmware update i... See more...
Dear Daniel, completely removing power from the system, that's what helped here. After that, I could upload update packages to the iDRAC. One stange thing has happened though, the firmware update iDRAC-with-Lifecycle-Controller_Firmware_406GM_WN64_3.18.18.18_A00.EXE failed with the error:"RED098: Unable to complete the firmware update operation because the specified firmware image is not compatible with the target system model." although the update itself said it was compatible with the R7415. Regards,
Hi everyone, I have a brand new PE R7145 with Idrac 3.17.18.17. I was trying to update the BIOS or the Idrac firmware by uploading the Windows EXE files as usual using the web interface. I have rece... See more...
Hi everyone, I have a brand new PE R7145 with Idrac 3.17.18.17. I was trying to update the BIOS or the Idrac firmware by uploading the Windows EXE files as usual using the web interface. I have received the error message 'RED027 Insufficient space to upload the requested file'. How do I clean the temporary storage of the Idrac to free space for uploading firmware files?
There was even an unexpected update of the IDRAC6 firmware to version 3.85, but it didn't fix this problem.
Oh, I can answer this myself, the R730xd doesn't have a display. *headdesk*
I have a new R730xd wit IDRAC8 and firmware 2.40. I was trying this: /admin1-> racadm help System.LCD.QualifierTemp QualifierTemp             -- Specifies the Ambient temperature qualifier Usage ... See more...
I have a new R730xd wit IDRAC8 and firmware 2.40. I was trying this: /admin1-> racadm help System.LCD.QualifierTemp QualifierTemp             -- Specifies the Ambient temperature qualifier Usage                     -- C,F,Default- C Required License          -- RACADM Dependency                -- None But: /admin1-> racadm get System.LCD.QualifierTemp ERROR: Invalid object name specified. I also cannot set it: /admin1-> racadm set System.LCD.QualifierTemp C ERROR: Invalid object name specified. I have the same problem with the other System.LCD objects.
This is what you get when you download the jar files for JViewer and try to verify them: % jarsigner -verify JViewer.jar jar verified. Warning: This jar contains entries whose certificate c... See more...
This is what you get when you download the jar files for JViewer and try to verify them: % jarsigner -verify JViewer.jar jar verified. Warning: This jar contains entries whose certificate chain is not validated. This jar contains signatures that does not include a timestamp. Without a timestamp, users may not be able to validate this jar after the signer certificate's expiration date (2018-12-12) or after any future revocation date. Re-run with the -verbose and -certs options for more details. % jarsigner -verify Linux_x86_64.jar jar verified. Warning: This jar contains entries whose signer certificate has expired. This jar contains entries whose certificate chain is not validated. This jar contains signatures that does not include a timestamp. Without a timestamp, users may not be able to validate this jar after the signer certificate's expiration date (2012-07-27) or after any future revocation date. Re-run with the -verbose and -certs options for more details.
Hi Josh, yes, iDRAC is at 3.80. This isn't related to SSL but to Java's JAR file signatures, the JAR files downloaded for Jviewer from the iDRAC are not signed in a way still accepted by current Ja... See more...
Hi Josh, yes, iDRAC is at 3.80. This isn't related to SSL but to Java's JAR file signatures, the JAR files downloaded for Jviewer from the iDRAC are not signed in a way still accepted by current Java.
After upgrading Java to 1.8.0_131, the Jviewer doesn't work anymore with the M610 blades. All you get is this error: The only workaround so far was to do downgrade Java to 1.8.0_121.
I have contacted support and now there is a bootable image for this update that I could apply: www.dell.com/.../DriversDetails;fileId=3523016858&osCode=W764&productCode=latitude-e7250-ultrabook&lan... See more...
I have contacted support and now there is a bootable image for this update that I could apply: www.dell.com/.../DriversDetails;fileId=3523016858&osCode=W764&productCode=latitude-e7250-ultrabook&languageCode=ge&categoryId=SA
Hi Chris, thanks for your answer. So better filtering of the alarms will  be in the next CMC firmware release, right?
Hi Osprey4, not in this case, this update here is for Windows only: http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=PT66M&fileId=3523016858&osCode=WB64A&productCode=lati... See more...
Hi Osprey4, not in this case, this update here is for Windows only: http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=PT66M&fileId=3523016858&osCode=WB64A&productCode=latitude-e7250-ultrabook&languageCode=en&categoryId=SA Regards,
I have a Latitude E7250 notebook that came preinstalled with Ubuntu 14.04. I have checked the recommended updates and the SK Hynix solid state drive update version 20002L00s, A02 is for Windows only.... See more...
I have a Latitude E7250 notebook that came preinstalled with Ubuntu 14.04. I have checked the recommended updates and the SK Hynix solid state drive update version 20002L00s, A02 is for Windows only. I thought Ubuntu was supported on this platform, is there no other way to install this update?
Since the CMC firmware update to 5.12 my M1000e is sending this alarm several times an hour: Power supply 3 is operating normally I have switched PSU-3 with PSU-4 already, no change. All 6 power ... See more...
Since the CMC firmware update to 5.12 my M1000e is sending this alarm several times an hour: Power supply 3 is operating normally I have switched PSU-3 with PSU-4 already, no change. All 6 power supplies are fine, 1 and 2 are online, 4 to 6 are on standby and 3 is switching between standby and online. How do I configure it to only send real alarms?
I have solved this with the help of my colleague, as the update was working for her and not for me. The difference was the locale setting, her system is set to English while mine is set  to German. T... See more...
I have solved this with the help of my colleague, as the update was working for her and not for me. The difference was the locale setting, her system is set to English while mine is set  to German. This setting is forwarded over the ssh connection to the server and the iDRAC DUP doesn't work with the German locale: # sh iDRAC-with-Lifecycle-Controller_Firmware_VV01T_LN_2.21.21.21_A00.BIN -q Collecting inventory... .. Running validation... iDRAC The version of this Update Package is newer than the currently installed version. Software application name: iDRAC Package version: 2.21.21.21 Installed version: 2.20.20.20 Executing update... WARNING: DO NOT STOP THIS PROCESS OR INSTALL OTHER DELL PRODUCTS WHILE UPDATE IS IN PROGRESS. THESE ACTIONS MAY CAUSE YOUR SYSTEM TO BECOME UNSTABLE! .................................................................   USB Device is not found ..................................................................   USB Device is not found ................................................................   USB Device is not found .. Failed to access Virtual USB Device iDRAC Failed to access Virtual USB Device Failed to access Virtual USB Device # locale LANG=de_DE.UTF-8 LC_CTYPE="de_DE.UTF-8" LC_NUMERIC="de_DE.UTF-8" LC_TIME="de_DE.UTF-8" LC_COLLATE="de_DE.UTF-8" LC_MONETARY="de_DE.UTF-8" LC_MESSAGES="de_DE.UTF-8" LC_PAPER="de_DE.UTF-8" LC_NAME="de_DE.UTF-8" LC_ADDRESS="de_DE.UTF-8" LC_TELEPHONE="de_DE.UTF-8" LC_MEASUREMENT="de_DE.UTF-8" LC_IDENTIFICATION="de_DE.UTF-8" LC_ALL= # LC_ALL=C sh sh iDRAC-with-Lifecycle-Controller_Firmware_VV01T_LN_2.21.21.21_A00.BIN -q Collecting inventory... . Running validation... iDRAC The version of this Update Package is newer than the currently installed version. Software application name: iDRAC Package version: 2.21.21.21 Installed version: 2.20.20.20 Executing update... WARNING: DO NOT STOP THIS PROCESS OR INSTALL OTHER DELL PRODUCTS WHILE UPDATE IS IN PROGRESS. THESE ACTIONS MAY CAUSE YOUR SYSTEM TO BECOME UNSTABLE! .......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... The update completed successfully. This LC_ALL=C to sanitize the environment should be part of the DUP anyways.
I still have this problem with all 12g and 13g machines I have tried. I don't know if this could be a Scientific Linux problem, the update should detect it as Red Hat, as that is what /etc/redhat-rel... See more...
I still have this problem with all 12g and 13g machines I have tried. I don't know if this could be a Scientific Linux problem, the update should detect it as Red Hat, as that is what /etc/redhat-release is saying.
Hi Josh, yes, the update is fine from CentOS 7.0, but not from Scientific Linux 6.6. I haven't tried in CentOS 6.6 or even Red Hat Enterprise 6.6 though.
Hi Josh, I have tried all your suggestions of no avail. There was nothing attached to the virtual media. After a racadm reset and after symlinking mtab, there's still the same error message.
I have seen this many times, the IDRAC update doesn't work lately from Linux, I have to resort to the web interface to apply it. My machines don't run OMSA, just a plain Scientific Linux 6.6. All oth... See more...
I have seen this many times, the IDRAC update doesn't work lately from Linux, I have to resort to the web interface to apply it. My machines don't run OMSA, just a plain Scientific Linux 6.6. All other update packages work fine, but with IDRAC I get this message: Collecting inventory... . Running validation... iDRAC The version of this Update Package is newer than the currently installed version. Software application name: iDRAC Package version: 2.15.10.10 Installed version: 2.10.10.10 Continue? Y/N:y Executing update... WARNING: DO NOT STOP THIS PROCESS OR INSTALL OTHER DELL PRODUCTS WHILE UPDATE IS IN PROGRESS. THESE ACTIONS MAY CAUSE YOUR SYSTEM TO BECOME UNSTABLE! ................................................................   USB Device is not found ..................................................................   USB Device is not found .................................................................   USB Device is not found .. Failed to access Virtual USB Device iDRAC Failed to access Virtual USB Device Failed to access Virtual USB Device Any idea on how to resolve this?
It was as easy as copying SAS-Drive_Firmware_8GWT0_LN_GS0F_A06.BIN off the SUU ISO image.Thanks for the suggestion.