Technigogo's Posts

Technigogo's Posts

I posted a solution for this a while back. Not sure if it still works the same way but I keep getting kudos so I guess it does.  https://www.dell.com/community/Systems-Management-General/Update-Firm... See more...
I posted a solution for this a while back. Not sure if it still works the same way but I keep getting kudos so I guess it does.  https://www.dell.com/community/Systems-Management-General/Update-Firmware-with-Lifecycle-Controller-14G-servers/m-p/6059965#M25902  
After about 2 hours of trying to get the necessary updates on this new 14G server out of the box, I finally pieced all the incorrect information together and found the working solution. I hope to sav... See more...
After about 2 hours of trying to get the necessary updates on this new 14G server out of the box, I finally pieced all the incorrect information together and found the working solution. I hope to save someone else the pain and time I experienced by sharing the working solution. Here is what you need to know: 1. When you set the network settings for the Lifecycle Controller, I could not get the IPV6 to work with Static or DHCP. It will error. Here is what I figured out - just set the IPV4 and leave the IPV6 however you want. Once you hit NEXT, it will check the configuration and give you an error for IPV6 -BUT- it also has already saved the IPV4 settings so now just hit CANCEL. You now have a working IPV4 connection. 2. When you proceed to the Firmware Updates, the Lifecycle Controller will pre-fill the address with downloads.dell.com which you will think would be right, it's not and it won't work. Fill in the old familiar "ftp.dell.com" and forget about all the other fields. That's all you need.
After about 2 hours of trying to get the necessary updates on this new 14G server out of the box, I finally pieced all the incorrect information together and found the working solution. Here is what ... See more...
After about 2 hours of trying to get the necessary updates on this new 14G server out of the box, I finally pieced all the incorrect information together and found the working solution. Here is what you need to know: 1. When you set the network settings for the Lifecycle Controller, I could not get the IPV6 to work with Static or DHCP. It will error. Here is what I figured out - just set the IPV4 and leave the IPV6 however you want. Once you hit NEXT, it will check the configuration and give you an error for IPV6 -BUT- it also has already saved the IPV4 settings so now just hit CANCEL. You now have a working IPV4 connection. 2. When you proceed to the Firmware Updates, the Lifecycle Controller will pre-fill the address with downloads.dell.com which you will think would be right, it's not and it won't work. Fill in the old familiar "ftp.dell.com" and forget about all the other fields. That's all you need.