uqeb41's Posts

uqeb41's Posts

SpeedStep, if you did not read the topic, please do not reply. I already stated what the issue is (memory modules detected, but a memory failure has occurred) and stated that I swapped memory several... See more...
SpeedStep, if you did not read the topic, please do not reply. I already stated what the issue is (memory modules detected, but a memory failure has occurred) and stated that I swapped memory several times (with entirely different sticks) and I even went the extra step and tested with memtest86. Thank you. 
Hey, Got a 755 SFF running Windows Vista from an image which works fine on 745 and Precision T3400 systems. The only issue I'm running into is that sleep mode works, but it will not resume from sle... See more...
Hey, Got a 755 SFF running Windows Vista from an image which works fine on 745 and Precision T3400 systems. The only issue I'm running into is that sleep mode works, but it will not resume from sleep in S3 mode. The power button blinks normally, then when I go to turn it back on I get a solid green power light, nothing on the screen, and the 3 and 4 lights are lit, which mean " Memory modules are detected, but a memory failure has occurred." So there isn't a BSOD or anything as the computer never actually "turns on". This happens consistently, I have swapped RAM several times (currently has 4x1GB identical sticks) and ran memtest86 on the current configuration with no errors and it's still not working, so it's not the slot or the RAM. I have the latest BIOS version and all drivers are fairly up to date. I turned on S1 sleep (which keeps the fan running, etc.) and then resume works just as intended. I just can't pinpoint what kind of software issue would cause this, or if there's a hardware issue as I have never had this issue before (this system has not been used in several months).
PROBLEM SOLVED: Classic case of not reading the manual carefully enough. In the fine print, it says you have to fill DIMM 1 on Riser 1 before you can fill DIMM 1 on Riser 2 and so on.  Well, now ... See more...
PROBLEM SOLVED: Classic case of not reading the manual carefully enough. In the fine print, it says you have to fill DIMM 1 on Riser 1 before you can fill DIMM 1 on Riser 2 and so on.  Well, now that I've followed the instructions, I have 20GB of 24GB usable, a HUGE improvement. I'm pretty sure I may not have arranged the 2Rx4 memory correctly when mixed in with the 2Rx8 which is probably causing the 4GB loss. I'm going to just go ahead and buy 4 more sticks of RAM to fill the last 4 available slots and play with the arrangement once those come in. 
Hey guys, I have a Precision 690 (A08 bios, 2x dual core 2.3ghz Xeons) with the memory risers and 1KW PSU that was originally working with 4x2GB 2Rx4 PC5300F RAM for a total of 8GB. I have 8 sticks... See more...
Hey guys, I have a Precision 690 (A08 bios, 2x dual core 2.3ghz Xeons) with the memory risers and 1KW PSU that was originally working with 4x2GB 2Rx4 PC5300F RAM for a total of 8GB. I have 8 sticks of Samsung 2GB 2Rx8 PC5300F RAM for a total of 16GB that I'm trying to put into this system but I can't get it to recognize more than 8GB. When I put all 8 Samsung sticks into the slots on the motherboard, this exceeds the 8 rank capacity and I get 8GB of total RAM, which is understandable. With the memory risers, it doesn't matter if I put 4 sticks in riser 4 and 4 in riser 1, or if I put all 8 sticks into risers 1 and 2, I still only get 8GB. The BIOS reports all sticks as being present but the "installed memory" still shows up as 8GB. I can put every stick of RAM I have in there, which should be 24GB, but I still only get 8.  All 8 sticks of the RAM I'm trying to put into the system are identical, same brand, same model. They were working fine in an IBM server before this which seems to take the same RAM. Is the RAM faulty, incompatible or is there something wrong with the computer? Thanks a lot!