starr274's Posts

starr274's Posts

Hoping someone, could tell me what a message I got when starting up my Aurora R4 can tell me, as this morning when I started it up it ashed me "RTC has been reset press f1 to continue press f2 to... See more...
Hoping someone, could tell me what a message I got when starting up my Aurora R4 can tell me, as this morning when I started it up it ashed me "RTC has been reset press f1 to continue press f2 to run bios setup" I hit f1 and logged in and the date had rolled back to March ish in 2012 with the tool bar icons missaranged to have some there but blank and others just words
Not sure if it is connected, but I just had a unexpected system shutdown and restart 2:48 Seconds in after logging in with my password, while waiting 7:45 minutes for the drive light to stop flas... See more...
Not sure if it is connected, but I just had a unexpected system shutdown and restart 2:48 Seconds in after logging in with my password, while waiting 7:45 minutes for the drive light to stop flashing on top of the case.  It's the first oddity after I opened the case and blew out a significant amount of dust that my case had sucked in from the front vent on the bottom of the alien ware R4 with a electric blower.
I had it happen again at at startup today where this machine locked up on startup, but as i was watching the boot up but it restarted on its own and said it had recovers from a unexpected shutdow... See more...
I had it happen again at at startup today where this machine locked up on startup, but as i was watching the boot up but it restarted on its own and said it had recovers from a unexpected shutdown.  I pulled of the identifying info hopefully with the mini dump file path. Problem signature: Problem Event Name: BlueScreen OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3 Locale ID: 1033 Additional information about the problem: BCCode: 116 BCP1: FFFFFA8007195010 BCP2: FFFFF8800FD8BFD0 BCP3: FFFFFFFFC000009A BCP4: 0000000000000004 OS Version: 6_1_7601 Service Pack: 1_0 Product: 768_1
Thanks for responding over the holidays, it's not a wireless keyboard or mouse, it's the default models that came with the Aurora R4, not sure on the bios but PC checkups been running and the las... See more...
Thanks for responding over the holidays, it's not a wireless keyboard or mouse, it's the default models that came with the Aurora R4, not sure on the bios but PC checkups been running and the last update check was on the 23'rd. Softwarewise how do I check the bios or flash it in the System Check up ? The issue seemed to not happen after I updated iTunes as it seems that if a update happens after being off for a while it locks up the unit as it boots, as today 1/1/2016 it beeped on startup and I had to use the power switch to get it to turn off and start again.  I'm hopefully going to be able to get it looked at soon but leaving a not here to track it as I've been afraid to open the case since I got it due to worries about the warranty, along with having a cat.
I'm wondering if its okay that I've had to turn my Alienware R4 off by the power button on the CPU for the last two days after turning it on and being locked out of the keyboard and mouse other t... See more...
I'm wondering if its okay that I've had to turn my Alienware R4 off by the power button on the CPU for the last two days after turning it on and being locked out of the keyboard and mouse other then the light toggles for the caps and num lock keys when the program to start up the Alienware FX effects controller program has failed and a update for iTunes has locked up during boot up after the system has been off for a few hours.   It works fine after restarting from the power switch on the case for the rest of the day but I was wondering if there was a fix as I have done a windows update and downloaded the updates and contacted Dell to try and be contacted to extend my warranty again, but it's happened twice now so checking here till I can speak to talk to a Dell Support person. Thank You  
It's been working fine the problem went away until just a few moments ago and the nvlddmkm.sys showed up again when it was fine just yesterday night the only thin that changed was a windows updat... See more...
It's been working fine the problem went away until just a few moments ago and the nvlddmkm.sys showed up again when it was fine just yesterday night the only thin that changed was a windows update and the windows 10 task bar ad force reinstalling itself in the last update from Microsoft for some reason, even though I left it be and stayed on win 7. I've tried to call Dell support but they only responded to find out of I wanted to extend my warranty and after I asked for a price no response, I don't have a lot of money and I just want the PC to keep working so I can't pay hundreds of dollars for a warranty,
Thanks, I was wondering if 29 c was okay for the temp that it was normally at just sitting on the desktop, the worry was that I'd had it for 3 years and never opened it due to not wanting to void... See more...
Thanks, I was wondering if 29 c was okay for the temp that it was normally at just sitting on the desktop, the worry was that I'd had it for 3 years and never opened it due to not wanting to void the warranty which is done now and I have a cat, so I just did the outside and cleaned the away any cat hair or dust. I did a the  system checkups list and did the extended test where it rolls thru all the spaceships that kinda look like brow mole creatures black makings and it passed and rand a full virus check that took about 4 hours and on my own tried to reinstall the drivers from the control panel that froze t he whole system. so once it came back and after another extended check it passed and I wrote the first post I update the drivers with the GEForce Experience software. Just going thru the next steps and checking for over heating 
Basically with a checking for over heating being 29c  after running system checkup : GeForce GTX 770 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4820K CPU @ 3.70GHz  8.00 RAM (7.92 GB usable)  1920 x 1200, 59Hz  ... See more...
Basically with a checking for over heating being 29c  after running system checkup : GeForce GTX 770 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4820K CPU @ 3.70GHz  8.00 RAM (7.92 GB usable)  1920 x 1200, 59Hz  355.98  Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium  I've been getting BSOD's from  nvlddmkm.sys, Nvidea is pointing the issue at : and hoping to track down if its over heating 
this is my first error after buying my alien ware R4 in February I was closing down youtube when the screen went black and the computer went to a BSOD after closing google chrome and opening up a... See more...
this is my first error after buying my alien ware R4 in February I was closing down youtube when the screen went black and the computer went to a BSOD after closing google chrome and opening up another window.  I went to try to fid support as its only been 2 months but looking around on the fourms and though it should post this as there was a widows update trying to install something without asking and I did just update the NVidea Drivers last wee  Problem signature: Problem Event Name: BlueScreen OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3 Locale ID: 1033 Additional information about the problem: BCCode: 1000007e BCP1: FFFFFFFFC0000005 BCP2: FFFFF88005C13032 BCP3: FFFFF88002746118 BCP4: FFFFF88002745970 OS Version: 6_1_7601 Service Pack: 1_0 Product: 768_1 Files that help describe the problem: C:\Windows\Minidump\041714-33696-01.dmp C:\Users\**********\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-112539-0.sysdata.xml Read our privacy statement online: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409 If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline: C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt