UBruns's Posts

UBruns's Posts

Dear Robert, thanks for your reply. Part Number "should be" CN6YJ. Should be, because I have no physical access to the system. I got the part number from the initial order. There are two "Emule... See more...
Dear Robert, thanks for your reply. Part Number "should be" CN6YJ. Should be, because I have no physical access to the system. I got the part number from the initial order. There are two "Emulex LPe12000" cards installed. That are SinglePort FC HBAs. One of them in Slot-1, the other in Slot-2.  What, do you mean with order 2,3,1? First FC Card shoulb be installed in Slot-2, then Slot-3 and then Slot-1 ???
Hi All, I am using a DELL R730. I cant see the details of my Emulex 8GBit/s HBA (LPe12002 (Saturn-X)) in the detailed system invontory. I only see the "PCI Device" but not the firmware version o... See more...
Hi All, I am using a DELL R730. I cant see the details of my Emulex 8GBit/s HBA (LPe12002 (Saturn-X)) in the detailed system invontory. I only see the "PCI Device" but not the firmware version or other details. (Other PCIe hardware are listed twice, one as PCI device, the other entry with more detailed information like the PERC H730). Also querying the API (DCIM_FCView for example) wont respond with any information. An error is not thrown. Are EMULEX FC HBAs not supported? All other firmware images are up to date (iDRAC 2.43.43.43, BIOS 2.4.3...), also the firmware of the EMULEX HBAs are up to date. Any information welcome! Ulli
Hey all, some basic information: PowerEdge R630 - iDRAC8 - V2.30.30.30 using a custom certificate on iDRAC client ist trusting the certificate (cert chain ok) using PowerShell V4.0  I... See more...
Hey all, some basic information: PowerEdge R630 - iDRAC8 - V2.30.30.30 using a custom certificate on iDRAC client ist trusting the certificate (cert chain ok) using PowerShell V4.0  I get very often (~40-50% of calls) an exception while calling the redfish api with PowerShell. Even if the interface does not require authentication. Every time I call the same URI.  The exception message: The server committed a protocol viloation. Section=ResponseStatusLine Also about 1% of calls I get the exception: The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel. The basic powershell command: Invoke-WebRequest -Uri "11.22.33.44:443/.../v1" -Method Get -Headers @{'Accept'='application/json;*/*'}  I attached a PowerShell sample script to show you how I call the API. (Remove the ".txt" extension). Is this a Bug or I'm doing something wrong? Ulli
Hi SUSHMABHAT! This is not what I (maybe also the others) want. If I use your was, I cant upload the files from local storage. I will need some http/ftp/CIFS share to download the files from th... See more...
Hi SUSHMABHAT! This is not what I (maybe also the others) want. If I use your was, I cant upload the files from local storage. I will need some http/ftp/CIFS share to download the files from there. I don't have a share. So that is not what I want. Also this is hard to script. (need updates on hundreds of servers). Before you ask: OME is currently not a choice. Ulli
Hey all! Basic Info: Dell R630/R730 with iDRAC8 Enterprise racadm V8,3 iDRAC: V2.30.30.30 Im using racadm.exe to update the device firmware and idrac/lc firmware on my dell server systems. ... See more...
Hey all! Basic Info: Dell R630/R730 with iDRAC8 Enterprise racadm V8,3 iDRAC: V2.30.30.30 Im using racadm.exe to update the device firmware and idrac/lc firmware on my dell server systems. Often the upload fails with "ERROR: Unable to transfer update files to the RAC.". If I try the same command a 2nd, 3rd or 4th time, the upload is successful. I noticed that racadm is establishing a whole lot of connections and terminating them while uploading the files. I can see a lot of "TIME-WAIT" TCP connections between my "RACADM System" and the "idrac https-port". Is this behavior normal? Or is this behavior a indication for some other issues? Using the following command racadm.exe -r %iDRACdnsname%:%httpsPort%" -u %adminuser% -p %adminpw% update -f "%Full Filename with blanks to DUP%"
Hi APCROOTEHAT! Looks like the certificate on the email server is not valid! Are you using self signed certificates or something like that?
Hi Daniel! I attached a PowerShell script. The content is an excerpt of my scripts, regarding the problem. (Remove the ".txt" at the end from the file name) This is an excerpt of the "certutil.e... See more...
Hi Daniel! I attached a PowerShell script. The content is an excerpt of my scripts, regarding the problem. (Remove the ".txt" at the end from the file name) This is an excerpt of the "certutil.exe -dump" output from a csr-file created by the WebGui: Subject: E=admin@FQDN.com CN=idrac.FQDN.com OU=MyDepartment O=MyCompany L=SampleCity S=SampleState C=US This is an excerpt of the "certutil.exe -dump" output from a csr-file created by the Script (unsing the api): Subject: E=admin@FQDN.com CN=idrac.FQDN.com OU=MyCompany O=MyDepartment L=SampleCity S=SampleState C=US Notice that the OU and O values are interchanged! Ulli
Some more info: idrac 8, V2.30.30.30 If I create a certificate request using the webgui, the request ist fine. If i use the api (Method: GenerateSSLCSR from iDRACCardService) the OU and O values ... See more...
Some more info: idrac 8, V2.30.30.30 If I create a certificate request using the webgui, the request ist fine. If i use the api (Method: GenerateSSLCSR from iDRACCardService) the OU and O values are interchanged! Example: Values configured: OU=MyOU O=MyCompany In the CSR this values are interchanged. I checked it using Windows "CertUtil.exe -dump 'idrac.csr'" The output delivers: OU=MyCompany O=MyOU Is it a bug? Regards Ulli
Try to use NetbiosDomainname/Username like "subdomain\Username" instead of the UPN Logon Syntax.
Think my issues are in the iDRAC Firmware... this thing doesn't behave as documented. I don't think that it can be solved here in the forum, but I will post them here. Maybe the information will ... See more...
Think my issues are in the iDRAC Firmware... this thing doesn't behave as documented. I don't think that it can be solved here in the forum, but I will post them here. Maybe the information will find it's way to the iDRAC Team... Ubruns
Hi all, I'm now searching for some time how to open a Service Request or Ticket for some iDRAC issues I found. How can I submit these? Regards, UBruns
Solved for me! Ok.. seems that there are some function and documentation errors/issues First - what I am calling using PowerShell - where $session is an established CIM-Session to the iDRAC $c... See more...
Solved for me! Ok.. seems that there are some function and documentation errors/issues First - what I am calling using PowerShell - where $session is an established CIM-Session to the iDRAC $certfile is the full path to the certificate file $certdata = get-content $certfile -raw $iCardService = Get-CimInstance -CimSession $session -ResourceUri "schemas.dell.com/.../DCIM_iDRACCardService" -Namespace "root/dcim" $result = Invoke-CimMethod -CimSession $session -InputObject $iCardService -MethodName 'ImportSSLCertificate' -Arguments @{SSLCertificateFile=$certdata;CertificateType=1} In the documentation (*1) are the following ReturnValues stated: 0 = Completed with no error 2 = Failed and as returned Message ID: LC077 = Certificate imported successfully.iDRAC will now restart and be unavailable during restart. LC011 = Certificate import operation failed. And here is my " $result | fl " : Message: Reset iDRAC to apply new certificate. Until iDRAC is reset, the old certificate will be active. MessageID: DH010 ReturnValue: 2 So what ??? Message sounds good, but this is in an unexpected MessageID and also the ReturnValue says 'Failed' I expected the documented Message IDs and ReturnValues as documented in my scripts... so every time I stopped the script with an error. But.. I will give it a try... lets reset the iDRAC (=> reboot the iDRAC) $result2 = Invoke-CimMethod -CimSession $session -InputObject $iCardService -MethodName 'iDRACReset' -Arguments @{Force=0} Let us look at this result ' $result2 | fl ' Message: iDRAC was successfully reset. MessageID: RAC064 ReturnValue: 2 Oh... the word 'successfully'.. sounds good... but why is the ReturnValue = 2 (Failed) ??? I don't know. What I know is, the iDRAC was rebooting... After resetting the iDRAC I connected again to the WebGui and all was fine! The certificate was installed and the browser warnings where gone... So... I think.. check all function results by yourself... and test it. UBruns Documentation Links: *1 = DCIM iDRAC Card Profile 1.5.4 http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/extras/m/white_papers/20442351
Hi Robert! Sorry, the information are confusing but not very helpful. I searched the Internet for the term "XML Certificate file", but nothing shows up. So this is not clear! Would be great to ... See more...
Hi Robert! Sorry, the information are confusing but not very helpful. I searched the Internet for the term "XML Certificate file", but nothing shows up. So this is not clear! Would be great to get some more details about how to build the parameter the right way. Is there any other support channel I can trigger? I have hundreds of servers to configure, so hunderds of iDRACs... don't want to upload them all over the webgui.. wich is working with generated certificates... UBruns
Hi GAUTAMSOMANIHAT, I don't know how to get all the FQQD, but after consulting the help I would say the FQQD you need should be one of the following: BIOS.Setup.1-1 BIOS.Setup.1 BIOS Ba... See more...
Hi GAUTAMSOMANIHAT, I don't know how to get all the FQQD, but after consulting the help I would say the FQQD you need should be one of the following: BIOS.Setup.1-1 BIOS.Setup.1 BIOS Background: You start a configuration job for the complete component, not for a single attribute or attribute group. So you can create a configuration job for a network card, for the BIOS, for the iDRAC, for the LC or for the RAID Controller for example.  Hope this helps and please report back. Regards Ulli
Hitting Ctrl+F5 didn't solve the problem. For me worked (Internet Explorer 11.0.9600.18231, Windows 8.1): Open Developer Tools (Press F12) Switch document type from Edge to 10 (Developer Tool... See more...
Hitting Ctrl+F5 didn't solve the problem. For me worked (Internet Explorer 11.0.9600.18231, Windows 8.1): Open Developer Tools (Press F12) Switch document type from Edge to 10 (Developer Tools - Title Bar - 5th icon from the right) Reload page - ignore any errors. Summary page was shown. Switch back document mode to "Edge". Close the developer tools by hitting F12 again. Reload page The Summary page appears still. Also the HTML5 entry in the Virtual Console Configuration now appears with "HTML5" and not "undefined". If I now launch the HTML5 Virtual Console, the buttons at the top also know shows meaningful text and not "undefined". But the console is not working! I don't get a Screen Picture and I can't map virtual media. After enabling the Developer Tools again (pressing F12) and launching the HTML5 console again, I get a error message: The value of the property "loadLoginPopup" is null or undefined (line 267)  [File: virtualconsolehmtl5.html] Are there any special IE Settings required? Regards UBruns
Hi there! After updating my iDRAC8 with the FW V2.30.30.30 the "Server => Summary" page is empty. Also the new HTML5 virtual console does not seem to work. In the Virtual Console settings I can s... See more...
Hi there! After updating my iDRAC8 with the FW V2.30.30.30 the "Server => Summary" page is empty. Also the new HTML5 virtual console does not seem to work. In the Virtual Console settings I can select "Native, Java, undefined" as plug-in type. After selecting undefined and starting the virtual console I get a new, empty window with a grey background an 8 buttons at the top of the window, all showing "undefined". Using IE 11. Something I missed?
Hello. Thanks for response. I converted the file content to base64 format and set this as the parameter value. The function return only with LC011 [Certificate import operation failed.] Also ... See more...
Hello. Thanks for response. I converted the file content to base64 format and set this as the parameter value. The function return only with LC011 [Certificate import operation failed.] Also the wording "A base 64 encoded string of the XML Certificate file." confuses me. Do I first need to create a XML file, like using the WinRM Tool ??? So I would like to see an example. I'm using PowerShell with the "Invoke-CimMethod" to execute the function. Regards Ulli
Hi! I'm trying to call the "ImportSSLCertificate" function of the DCIM_iDRACCardService Class. [Link to Dell document: http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/extras/m/white_papers/20442351] B... See more...
Hi! I'm trying to call the "ImportSSLCertificate" function of the DCIM_iDRACCardService Class. [Link to Dell document: http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/extras/m/white_papers/20442351] But i always get an error. I think it is a problem with the "SSLCertificateFile" parameter. The parameter description says:  A base 64 encoded string of the XML Certificate file. Note: For importing CSC certificate, user has to convert PKCS file to base64 format. Use the following link to convert the file. So how must I convert the file, to use it with this function? Uploading the file over the WebGui was  successful .   Thanks for reply! Ulli [germany]
HI there! Currently test it with the firmimg.d7 file as you mentioned. Yes, I could upload the file using the webgui. And same errors as stated in the first post if I use this file with racadm.... See more...
HI there! Currently test it with the firmimg.d7 file as you mentioned. Yes, I could upload the file using the webgui. And same errors as stated in the first post if I use this file with racadm. Any other ideas? Thanks, ubruns
Thanks for reply! But the error messages and problems are still the same. Regards, ubruns