tdaramsay's Posts

tdaramsay's Posts

Cheers. This should be fine.
I have to document some As-Builts for a bunch of VNXe appliances which I'm not incredibly familiar with, I'm used to VNX and pulling out array configs in XML/CSV. formats. Is there any way to ... See more...
I have to document some As-Builts for a bunch of VNXe appliances which I'm not incredibly familiar with, I'm used to VNX and pulling out array configs in XML/CSV. formats. Is there any way to get a similar export with a VNXe?
Thanks for the update. I tried your method and it worked perfectly!
Just bumping this as i have to currently decomission an array and move the meta & backup volumes. The procedure I was given was to 1) Create a new meta-volume from two disks that are meta... See more...
Just bumping this as i have to currently decomission an array and move the meta & backup volumes. The procedure I was given was to 1) Create a new meta-volume from two disks that are meta-volume candidates 2) use the meta-volume move command to move the current active volume to the new volume 3) remove the old. unactive meta-volume. How did you're procedure go?
Ahh yeah you are correct, ACLX is enabled for every port. I've just been dropped on this system and I'm cross-skilling from VNX/Clariion so still getting my head around it Not sure why its ... See more...
Ahh yeah you are correct, ACLX is enabled for every port. I've just been dropped on this system and I'm cross-skilling from VNX/Clariion so still getting my head around it Not sure why its still enabled but the people who set it all up are no longer with the company. We are about to install another Director so i'll raise it with the EMC architect responsible for that.
Just a question regarding Unisphere for VMAX and auto provisioning. I've noticed that it will automatically add LUN Address numbers from 1-x not 0-x, this results in a large number of 2.81mb... See more...
Just a question regarding Unisphere for VMAX and auto provisioning. I've noticed that it will automatically add LUN Address numbers from 1-x not 0-x, this results in a large number of 2.81mb disks on LUN 0 for each Port the host initiator connects to. Is this by design? Or is there a way within Unisphere to set a volume on Address 0?
Thanks very much. I thought it was that, just wanted to verify. It was very simple.
I have some TDEV's in a FastVP pool that the app owners have requested to be pinned and moved back to their bound tiers. I'm just wondering what is the correct way to pin then migrate these de... See more...
I have some TDEV's in a FastVP pool that the app owners have requested to be pinned and moved back to their bound tiers. I'm just wondering what is the correct way to pin then migrate these devices to ensure they are on their correct pool. Is this done via the VLUN Migration option within Unisphere?
This is the last resort Only new to Symmetrix/VMAX after spending a few years on VNX/Clariion and was hoping there was a customisable table view similar to Unisphere for VNX. If I have t... See more...
This is the last resort Only new to Symmetrix/VMAX after spending a few years on VNX/Clariion and was hoping there was a customisable table view similar to Unisphere for VNX. If I have to get dirty with CLI, I will.
Is there a way to customise what columns I want to view using Unisphere for VMAX? Preparing for a storage migration between vsphere clusters and reclaiming space on the vmax I need to match ... See more...
Is there a way to customise what columns I want to view using Unisphere for VMAX? Preparing for a storage migration between vsphere clusters and reclaiming space on the vmax I need to match vmfs datastores to tdevs and in unisphere. Is it possible get a list of tdevs and their associated wwns to reference against my vsphere output?
Actually to answer my own question. Dragging and dropping is done from the Array Layout tab in Disk Configuration. You select the LUNs sub-tab, select the LUNs you want to move and then dra... See more...
Actually to answer my own question. Dragging and dropping is done from the Array Layout tab in Disk Configuration. You select the LUNs sub-tab, select the LUNs you want to move and then drag them to a storage pool in the array layout.
I just upgraded NSD-U to 1.8 The new features list specifically says; LUN Improvements (based on field feedback) LUN Import - added Storage Group option, note applies to traditional... See more...
I just upgraded NSD-U to 1.8 The new features list specifically says; LUN Improvements (based on field feedback) LUN Import - added Storage Group option, note applies to traditional LUNs only, however once imported as traditional, LUNS can be drag & dropped onto Storage Pools if required. Yet I have not been able to figure out how to drag and drop my imported LUNs, does anyone have and idea how to actually do this? :S I have around a couple of hundred LUN's to import into a storage pool and I'd rather not create them one by one.
Thanks! Still getting used to EMC's new support site.
Is there one document that provides a quick reference guide for all Avamar TCP/UDP ports for Management/Backup/Replication, I don't seem to be able to have found a document that covers it all, ju... See more...
Is there one document that provides a quick reference guide for all Avamar TCP/UDP ports for Management/Backup/Replication, I don't seem to be able to have found a document that covers it all, just the Client configuration and ports required for that. It's been a while since my training and I'm looking for a reference as we are migrating datacentres and need to ensure all the firewalls are configured correctly.
Yeah, setting the switch/vnx ports to 8GB causes loss of sync, I also verified the SFP part numbers and they are 8GB. We are getting the tech who initialised it to come back to look at it.
Just had VNX 5100 installed but have since discovered that the onboard FC ports on both Service Processors are only negotiating at 4GB, not 8GB even though they are 8GB SFP's It's plugged into... See more...
Just had VNX 5100 installed but have since discovered that the onboard FC ports on both Service Processors are only negotiating at 4GB, not 8GB even though they are 8GB SFP's It's plugged into an EMC/Brocade DS-5100, with another VNX 5300 that has it's 8GB SFP's all working fine, swapping ports and cables and rebooting the thing has had no affect, also manually setting the speeds to 8GB have also not had any result. Just looking to see if anyone else has been able to resolve this?